Steal a Kiss in the Dark

Alex's POV

November 15, 2013

"You're bedroom," I chuckled in response to Mia's question. If I could get to her bedroom, that would be great, if I can't, oh well.

I didn't care what we did, as long as I was with Mia. To be honest, I know I shouldn't care as much as I do, and I know that she's "in love" and engaged, but it was hard to not love her. Throughout all of high school, I had loved that girl, and to this day I loved her just as much, if not more.

Mia rolled her eyes, "So funny, Gaskarth. Can one of you other bastards give me a better suggestion?"

"Oh," Jack called like a five-year-old boy, "I think we should get the Mia Albrecht tour of Charleston!"

"But that's no fun," Mia pouted, checked over her shoulder, and switched lanes. "We should just all go bowling and out for ice cream. Then, we go and get my little Mittens."

"You and that damn cat," Jack laughed. "We should have just left him with you."

She giggled, "You really should have."

Mia's driving, from what I remember, has not improved at all since high school. That fact was both scary and enjoyable at the same time. If her driving hadn't changed, she couldn't have changed too much herself.

"Hey William," Mia said, not taking her eyes off the road, "there's a letter in my purse that would make you laugh. Grab it and read it aloud."

"Okay?" I questioned grabbing her purse off the floor and digging through it. Sure enough, there was a letter folded in her purse pocket with, what looked like, my hand writing from when I was eighteen on the front.

I cleared my throat before reading the letter.

"Dearest Mia,
You smell... really good. You're a cool frend who still need to suck my dick. Don't change too much from your Baltimore side, because that's the side everyone loves best.
Love,
Your bestest frend Jacky Barakatty
"

"I wrote that?" Jack asked with a scrunched up nose.

Mia smiled, "You did, my friend, and you spelt friend wrong both times."

"Really?"

"You really did my friend," I chuckled. "You forgot the 'I' both times."

"Whoops," Jack smiled grabbing the letter from me. "My turn to read this shit."

"Miss Mia Albrecht,
Tour sucks without your smelly feet on my head. I never thought I'd say that I miss someone putting their feet on my head. You should write back soon then.
Love Ya,
Rian
P.S. Send me a pic of your feet so I can miss then more
"

Mia laughed a bit before making a right turn, "Rian, Rian, Rian... do you really miss my feet on your head?"

"That was all a joke," he smiled, "you never did write us back."

"But I did. It must have gotten lost in the mail or something."

Rian then grabbed the piece of paper from Jack, and began to read.
"Hey Mia,
I know we weren't close but I do miss you being around. You added some extra fun to our lives.
Zack
"

"Oh Zacky, we were best friends. What were you talking about?" Mia giggled before taking another turn. "Now read Alex's."

Zack then grabbed the paper from Rian and read, "Mia, I need you here! Who else is gonna make us actually shower? Jack hasn't showered in a week and a half! He smells horendous. I do miss my favorite blondie for more than just that. I can't wait to see you again! Love Always, Your Favorite Band Member, William."

Everyone laughed a little bit at that. It was true, Jack did smell like shit that first tour because he refused to shower.

"William, you're not my favorite band member. Jacky always was," Mia giggled pulling up to a place called The Alley.

"Rude," I sulked, as we all exited her car.

The guys and I shared a smirk as we entered the building, only to be engulfed by the sound of our own music. Damned was playing over the speakers, and Mia danced her way to the counter. I'll admit, I looked at her ass more than I should have as she shook it to the counter.

"Can we buy two hours for five people?" Mia asked the slender brunette behind the counter.

"Sure thing. That will be $60," she smiled, probably thinking people were insane to pay that much. Hell, I thought it was insane to pay that much for two hours of bowling.

Rian chuckled, "Can't we get a discount or something since one of our songs is playing?"

"Cute," the brunette said, clearly not believing Rian.

Probably because she wanted to avoid any conflict, Mia handed the money to the girl.

After receiving our shoes and being led to lane four, we started our two hours of bowling.

"And she starts us off with a strike," Jack smiled as Mia blew on her nails after knocking all ten, white and red pins over. She really was adorable.

"William, you're up," she giggled pushing me off my chair only to sit in it herself.

I scoffed, "And the bitch stole my chair."

Not only had Mia stolen my chair, but I had embarrassed myself by getting a gutter ball. I followed up Mia's strike with a gutter ball. Smoot Gaskarth, smooth. It wasn't just my first roll, both turns I rolled a gutterball.

Mia smirked, with her arms crossed in front of her stomach, as I returned to my spot that she was now occupying. "Get up, Blondie."

"Not happening, William."

"Just fuck already!" Jack chuckled as he stood to take his turn.

"But, Skunk Boy, I'm engaged to a different man," Mia smiled holding her left hand up to show Jack the diamond ring. My heart broke once again.

Deep down, I knew. I knew it wasn't just some small heartbreak that I'd get over in a few days. This was different. This felt like I was losing something important; forever. Somehow, I knew I'd never get another chance with Mia if I didn't take it right now. So, I did.

"Hey Mia?" I asked.

As Mia looked at me, I, without thinking, gently grabbed her soft face with my calloused hands. Before I could stop myself, I placed my own two lips against Mia's soft, supple, baby-pink lips. Something indescribable happened while our lips were connected.

Unless I was imagining things, I swear, Mia kissed back. She didn't sit still, and she sure didn't pull away. After only a few seconds I pulled away.

The look on her face said it all.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... It's been a while since I updated. I hope you don't mind my updates being a bit slower from now on.

Questions:

1. How do you think the other guys felt about reading the old letter they had written Mia?
2. What do you think happened after the kiss?