Steal a Kiss in the Dark

Mia's POV

November 15, 2013

I didn't know how to react. How was I supposed to react? My best friend just kissed me. My best friend that saw my fiance propose to me yesterday. My best friend... who I was crazy in love with. My best friend who, in high school, I had spent many sleepless nights fantasizing about a future with. My best friend who I had desperately wanted to be more than friends with. My best friend who I... I wanted to kiss him again.

So I did.

"Get it Gaskarth!" Jack yelled from behind us, causing me to turn away and giggle.

"I think I just messed my entire life up," I said with a tinge of confusion in my voice.

I had no idea whether I was happy or pissed off. I knew I was confused, and I knew I had to tell Chris. Chris... how do I tell Chris that my ex-best friend who I was madly in love with kissed me?

"Do you want us to take you home?" Zack asked looking over at me with soft eyes.

I took a minute to respond, "I-I don't know." I paused for a minute then, "I want you to take me home to Baltimore. I don't want to live in Charleston anymore."

As the words quietly left my mouth I looked at Alex. He was the one that I wanted. He always had been. Chris was my distraction; Alex was my drug.

Then the four words slipped from my mouth. "I love you, Alex."

Alex's face lit up like a Christmas tree, which--in return--made mine light up as well. "I love you too, Blondie."

That was all the confimation I needed. It was then that I knew what had to be done. I had to end things with Chris. Alex held my heart, and he always will. So, I kissed him again.

It was magical. Nothing I had ever felt with Chris.

December 20, 2013

"Thank you for letting me live here for an extra month after I called things off with Chris," I sighed to Nicole as I packed the last of my things.

It took almost two weeks after the kiss happened, but I called it off with Chris. There was nothing fair about staying with someone you weren't 100% sure about being with. I knew, with everything in me, that Alex was my true love. Alex was where my heart belonged, not Chris. Not only that, but Alex always made me feel cared for more than Chris ever had.

"I couldn't just kick you out on the street before the holidays," she sighed. "Mia, I really am going to miss you. Who else am I gonna listen to punk music with?"

"Chris," I offered up. Part of me felt that Nicole and Chris were going to end up together. Not only had they been best friends for years, but they were always kind of flirty. "I have to go now if I wanna make it to Baltimore by tomorrow."

"Bye Mia," Nicole said hugging me before I went to put my bags in my car.

I was going to miss Charleston, but Baltimore was my home. I grew up, fell in love, felt my first heartbreak, had my first kiss, learned to ride a bike, and so much else happened in Baltimore. Hell, my best friends became my best friends in Baltimore.

Backing out of the driveway one last time, I couldn't help but feel free. Somehow, Charleston had felt like a weight on my shoulders. Quickly, I headed to the Marriott down the street from Nicole's home.

Alex had flown in last night, and stayed in a hotel, just so I wasn't driving up alone. He cared about me more than anybody else, and it showed. Loving Alex was easy. Loving Alex just came naturally.

As I pulled up to the Marriott, I saw Alex standing outside. His adorable smirk danced across his face as he saw me. My heart began racing, and my palms became sweating. God, I love this boy.

"Hey cutie," smiled the brown haired love of my life.

I blushed, smiled, and giggle. God, the things this boy maes me feel. "You're not too bad yourself, William."

After he situated himself in my passenger seat, he leaned over and kissed me. Once again the butterflies exploded in my stomach. Growing old with Alex would not be hard at all.

We left at nine in the morning, and by seven we were back home in Baltimore. I dropped Alex off at house prior to heading to my mother's house. Seeing as I hadn't seen my mom in however long I figured it would be better to see her alone.

Pulling up to the familiar childhood home, I smiled. I had missed my brown house with its red door and red window panes.

Knowing my mom, she never locked the door. Walking straight in, I kept quiet hoping to surprise her. She didn't think I was coming home for another two days. When I saw her in the kitchen with her back to me, I smiled.

"Hi mommy," I quietly said trying not to startle her too much. Either way, she was still shocked enough to jump.

"Mia!" She exclaimed once she saw me. Tears started pouring down her face she was so ecstatic. She rushed over to hug me, in what had to be the tightest hug I will ever receive.

"Mom. Can't. Breathe." I choked out.

She gasped and let go, "Oh, I'm sorry baby girl. How are you? How is South Carolina? How long are you back? Is there a boy in your life?"

"Mom," I giggled, "calm down. I'm great, South Carolina's nice, I'm not going back to South Carolina, I'm back for good, and Alex and I are maybe, kinda, sort of dating."

"You're staying!?"

"Yes mother," I laughed at her disbelief.

She hugged me tight once again. "Oh baby, I'm glad you're staying."

"So am I," I smiled. "Plus mom, I think you owe me some cookies since you feed them all to my best friend."

She rolled her eyes, "Damn it Jack. He wasn't supposed to tell anyone I still gave him cookies."

"Whatever, as long as you're not sleeping with my best friend," I giggled hopping on the counter. "So what about you mom, and boyyys in your life?"

"Actually, I have a date with Officer Clark tonight. Since you just got home I think I'll cancel it though."

"Don't!" I protested, "I wanna lecture your new boy toy. Plus, I'll just hang out with the boys while you're out."

"Oh goodness Mia. What am I ever going to do with you?" She laughed quircking an eyebrow at me. "If you're sure about that..."

"I am mom! Go get hot for Officer Clark! And don't have sex with him!"

"Aren't I the mother here?" She questioned heading to her room to get ready.
♠ ♠ ♠
And I finally update!

Sorry it's been awhile! Things have just been crazy for me lately.

Is anyone still interested in this story or nahh?