Steal a Kiss in the Dark

Mia's POV

December 20th, 2013

1"I know what we could do!" I piped in heading to my room before the boys could ask any questions.

Quickly, I unpacked a couple bags to find my bikini. By unpacked, I mean I threw the contents out of my suitcases until I found what I was looking for. It took three different suitcases, but I eventually found my white and hot pink striped bikini.

Walking to the living room, I casually placed my arm on the wall and leaned into it. "Let's tan bitches!"

"It's not even 5° outside and the sun set like an hour ago. How do you plan on tanning?" Jack laughed at me.

I then laughed again, "Easy, silly. I'm gonna sit in the living room and not actually tan. I just wanna rock my bikini body. It's sexay."

"Mhmm," Alex nodded without taking his eyes off me.

That's when it hit me. Alex and I never made it official. He never asked me to be his girlfriend, it was just sort of assumed. So, I did what I do best. I stole the moment.

"William!" I giggled. "We aren't officially dating!"

"What do you mean?" He questioned slightly confused.

"You never offically asked me to be your girlfriend. So," I then got down on one knee and began giggling, "will you be my boyfriend?"

He then laughed with me, "Of course you goon."

"Eww, too much cute coupley-ness for my liking," Jack fake gagged before walking out of the house.

Alex then came over and tackled me to the floor. After successfully pinning me down he kissed me. Soft and slow. It was a moment I'd wanted to last forever. Everything was perfect when I was kissing him. My world felt right.

When I was with Alex I was safe. Everything made sense. My soft, feminine hands fit perfectly into his calloused, manly hands. I loved the callouses on his hands, they signified just how hard he worked to get to where he and the guys were. Even if the band fell through, I would always love Alex for Alex. I loved him when we met, and that friendly love very quickly blossomed into a strong, overpowering love.

"I love you, Mia Nicole Albrecht," Alex smiled down at me when he pulled away. "I've always loved you. The guys all knew, you were the only one who didn't when we were in high school."

"I love you too, Alexander William Gaskarth," I smiled up and my best friend and boyfriend. "Just like you, I loved you all throughout high school. The only difference is no one knew. I didn't want to ruin our friendship."

"All that matters is that we're together now, and we love each other," he kept smiling like a small child in a candy store. His smile made me happier than anything in the world.

Then I got the idea. "Stay the night?"

"Are you sure, Blondie?"

"Of course I'm sure, Alex. I love you, and I love cuddles. So, let's combine the two!"

"Then obviously I'll stay that night with the prettiest girl I've ever met."

"Good," I smiled before kissing him again.

Clearly, Alex and I were still in the honeymoon phase. I would be okay if we never left the honeymoon phase of our relationship.

Then the doorbell rang, and our moment was over. Alex get up and off of me as I continued to lay on the floor. I smiled to myself as I watched my adorable boyfriend walk to the door and pay for our pizza. Those were my two favorite things in this world; pizza and Alex.

"A cheese pizza for the pretty blonde girl," Alex smiled sitting next to me with the pizza box in his lap.

I just rolled my eyes before opening the box and grabbing a slice. At that exact moment Jack walked right in through the front door.

"I saw the pizza man," was all he said before sitting down and grabbing a slice for himself. Alex and I both laughed.

"But for rizzle, I gotta show you guys something," I laughed leaning over and grabbing my laptop.

Jack and Alex then laughed. This led to Jack saying, "When did goody-two-shoes Mia get a tramp stamp?"

"I was drunk," was my response.

I didn't regret the tattoo. It was one of those classic double cherries tattoos. Yeah, I was drunk, but I also thought it was cute and quirky like me.

"It's cute," Alex smiled as I sat back down with my laptop.

After logging in I smiled at my background. It was a picture of the guys and I way back in eighth grade. We may have all been in an awkward phase, but it was still cute. I then went to my documents and found the video I wanted to show Jack and Alex.

"This is Jack Barakat and Alex Gaskarth," a fourteen year old version of myself laughed. "They think they're cool and that they'll be famous one day."

"Dude, shut up about the smell of your dick," Alex yelled to Jack.

Jack had a simple response, "But... I wanna know if it smells bad."

"Dude, no one cares about the smell of your fucking dick. No one's sleeping with you so you're good," I laughed panning the camera over to Rian on the drums. "And that's Robert Dawson. He prefers to go by his middle name of Rian though. He's going to be the drummer for Jack and Alex's so-called band."

"Shut up! Playground X is real!" Alex and Jack protested in unison.

I giggled, "Their so-called band also has a really shitty name."

"You're a bitch," Alex pouted.

"You love me," I smiled sticking my tongue out. "Well I guess that's your update of this shitty non-existent band."


"We were strange fourteen year olds," Jack laughed grabbing another slice of pizza. I gave him a death stare. That was my pizza, not his.

I then pouted, "Go home, this is my pizza."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

"Okay," he said standing up before muttering, "fucking bitch."

I wasn't in the mood for a fight, and I wanted to see if Alex would stand up for me, so I acted as if I hadn't heard what he said. Jack walked out, and Alex said nothing. Deep down I knew I shouldn't be disappointed, but I was. My boyfriend was supposed to stand up for me.

"So baby girl," Alex smiled wrapping his arms around me.

Pushing him away, I stated, "Maybe you should go home too."

"But, I thought you wanted me to spend the night?" He questioned sounding deflated.

I shook my head and a few silent tears fell. This affected me a lot more than it should have and I wasn't sure why. I wasn't pregnant, I hadn't had sex in four months. It wasn't my period because I had that two weeks ago. There really was no explanation as to why something so stupid affected me like this. It's not like it was the first time someone called me a bitch.

"Is this because of what Jack said?" He asked wiping a tear from my face.

I shook my head.

"Is this because I didn't say anything?"

This time I nodded.

He pulled me closer, "Baby, there's a reason I didn't say anything. I know how tough you are. You speak your mind. I figured if it bothered you you'd say something for yourself. That's the type of girl you've always been."

I smiled a little when he said that. "That doesn't mean I don't want my boyfriend to stand up for me, especially when I'm not around."

"Of course I'd say something if he said it while you weren't around. I would be a fool not to," he laughed kissing my forehead. "I love you baby girl."

"I love you too," I smiled. Then I squirmed around in his arms so that I was facing him to give him a hug. This was where I was meant to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyyy! Hope you liked that update!

Questions:

1. How'd you like this update?
2. Do you like the alternating POV chapters?
3. Do you agree with what Alex said about not standing up for her?