Steal a Kiss in the Dark

Alex's POV

December 21st, 2013

"Nighty night baby," Mia softly mumbled before falling asleep in my arms.

She really was the most adorable blonde girl I'd ever met. Not was she cute, but she was intelligent and sweet. She wasn't afraid to stand up for herself. She was sexy, and she didn't even have to try. Here she was, lying in front of me, with her hair pulled up into a messy bun-like thing and no makeup on, and I still thought she was the most gorgeous girl I'd been in contact with.

It's gonna sound crazy, but at that moment I saw myself falling asleep and waking up to her every night. For years I'd imagined the two of us together and now it was finally happening. How a strong, smart, beautiful girl like Mia wanted to be with me, I was unsure, but I was lucky she did.

That morning I woke up to the sound of her giggling. "What?" I sleepily asked.

"I don't know," she giggled some more. "I guess I forgot you sometimes talk in your sleep."

"Oh no," I smiled, "what did I say?"

"Ohhh nothing," she sang giving my nose a peck.

I smiled to myself as she got out of her bed. Her tank top had ridden up slightly and her sweatpants had sunken slightly on her hips. The outlines of her hip bones were visible. "God, you're sexy in the morning."

"Am I?" She laughed, "You should smell my breath. You wouldn't think I'm so sexy then."

"I bet I would," I taunted.

She then took me up on my taunt and hopped on her bed again. Straddling my waist, she pinned my arms down and proceeded to breathe in my face. "Isn't morning breath just so sexy?" She made sure to breathe out extra with each word.

"Okay, you're right!" I surrendered. "Your morning breath smells ratchet as fuck."

Just then her mother opened her bedroom door. "Oh? And what's going on in here?"

"Alex slept over. He said I'm sexy in the morning. I told him he wouldn't think that if he smelled my breath. He basically said he still would. I took that as a challenge and had to breathe in his face," the beautiful blonde girl on top of me explained.

"Hi Mrs. Albrecht," I smiled attempting to wave before realizing my hands were still pinned.

She just rolled her eyes and laughed, "Babies aren't returnable kids."

As she left and closed the door Mia rolled off of me in a fit of giggles. Her giggles were probably the cutest sound I'd ever heard. I was so lucky to be with this girl.

"I think my mom thinks that you and I had sex," she laughed even harder. "We only ate pizza, watched old videos that are in my possession, and fell asleep."

"You need to brush your teeth, holy shit," I then laughed with her. It definitely wasn't a pleasant scent coming from her mouth.

She rolled her eyes, still giggling, "Yours isn't that much better baby cakes."

"I hate you," I laughed rolling over so my back was to her. "You're such a bully Mia."

"No," she fake whined, "You loooove me Awex!"

I fake pouted then, "Nope you're too much of a bully to love me."

I could then feel the weight of the bed shift indicating Mia had gotten up. Next thing I knew she was standing on my side of the bed and crouching down to look at me straight-on. "Don't say I don't love you, stinky breath."

She then leaned in and kissed me, causing me to smile. Every kiss, no matter how big or small, was like magic between us. I fell deeper in love with each one.

"God, I love you," I smiled at her before she stood back up.

She smiled at me, "I love you too... stinky breath. I actually kind of like that your breath smells awful in the morning."

Now I was confused. "Why..?"

"Because then I know you're not 100% perfect! I had yet to find anything wrong with you, but now your breath at least stinks in the morning!" She gleefully chirped.

It was now my turn roll my eyes. "You're a dork, I hope you know that."

"Whatever," she beamed before laying on top of me. "You're my bed now since you're not getting up and out of mine."

"What the hell?" I happily protested. "I ain't yo' bed foo'."

She then rolled onto the floor in another fit of laughter. "How the hell do you write song lyrics?"

"Bish, I does whateva tha fux I wants," I played along.

"Fuckin' stop," she begged with laughter still in her voice. "You sound like a total idiot!"

It was my turn to laugh. I got out of her bed and sat down on the floor in front of her. "Oh yeah? Well you're dating this total idiot."

"That I am," she grinned, kissing me again.

Next thing I knew, she was walking out her bedroom door. As I was left alone in her bed, I had one thought racing through my mind; I loved Mia. If there was only one thing in my life that I was ever sure about it would be that.

Love is crazy. It's different for everybody. For some people, Rian and Cassadee, it happens suddenly, but for other people, Mia and I, it starts off simple and builds into something powerful. No matter what happened, my grandchildren would know about Mia Albrecht.

Mia then popped her head back in the room breaking me from my thoughts. "Are you getting out of bed to eat breakfast, or can I eat yours?"

The most surprising aspect of Mia was probably the amount she ate. Looking at her small figure, it would be easy to assume she ate healthy and proportionally for every meal. In reality, she ate seven slices of pizza last night and was still hungry. That's why I didn't doubt for a second that my food would be gone if I didn't go out there.

"Don't you dare eat my food!" I threatened hopping out of the bed and running towards her. She squealed in delight as I came up behind her and grabbed her in my arms. It was my turn to smile, "You should know not to eat my food."

"Well, you weren't out here," she stated with joy in her voice.

I chuckled, "I am now, and I'm gonna eat all the food just so you can't."

"But," she pouted sticking her lower lip out. She knew that I thought her pouting was absolutely adorable when it came in moderation. "I like food."

"I like food too," I laughed before filling up a plate with pancakes, sausage, and hashbrowns.

When we were in high school this occured once a weekend, at least. Each weekend we'd switch which house we'd have breakfast went. The schedule was always Rian, Jack, me, Alex, and Zack, and we'd just repeat that every weekend for four years. I think our parents were happy we were all that close to each other because it kept us off of drugs.

"Thanks Mrs. Albrecht," I smiled to Mia's mom. "Just like in high school."

"Not really," she laughed. "If this was like when you guys were in high school the noise level would be significantly louder. Speaking of loud, Mia, why didn't Jack stay the night if Alex did?"

"Well mom," Mia explained as she sat between her mother and I, "Jack pissed me off, and Alex is my boyfriend. It would almost be weird if Jack had stayed the night."

The food tasted delicious. Better than I had remembered it to taste. Probably the best part of the breakfast was the sausage. The outside was barely crunchy, and the inside was the perfect consistency to chew. In better terms; sausage just the way I love it. I wanted to savor the flavor, but at the same time it was too good to not devour.

"So Alex," Mia's mom smiled. It was funny because Mia had the exact same smile as her mom. "How's touring? I haven't seen you since Mia moved away. Jack's been the only one to visit, which I'll admit is a little weird."

"Let me start off by saying sorry for Jack. He really doesn't know self-control. Him on a tour bus is the worst thing ever though," I smiled, pausing before answer her original question. "But yeah, touring is awesome. It definitely makes me happy to see a couple thousand kids sing a song I wrote every night. The only thing that sucks is being away from people you love, but I wouldn't change any of it for the world."
♠ ♠ ♠
Helloooo!

Some feedback would be great you guys!

I've finally gotten my groove back for writing! If you want, I have another All Time Low fic, this time starring Jack, and it's called I'm Not that Kind of Girl if you want to check it out!