Steal a Kiss in the Dark

Mia's POV

December 26th, 2013

"Morning sleepy head," I smiled at my adorable boyfriend as he was finally waking up. On the otherhand, I'd been awake for two hours and had just gotten out of the shower.

He then fully opened his eyes and smiled once he saw me standing there in my towel. "Was last night real?"

I nodded at his curiousity. Ten years of crushing on him and wondering what sex with him would be like, and now I knew. Everything about the experience was perfect. "The slight soreness in my upper thighs tells me it was."

"I love you Mia," he beamed getting out of bed and slipping a pair of boxers on. Then coming over to me, he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek gently. "I don't want to make it seem like I'm kicking you out, but do you think you're ready to go home?"

"I love you too, and way to make a girl feel special the morning after she has sex with you," I giggled turning around so that I was now facing the brown-haired cutie. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I quick kissed his lips. "I don't know though, I just... I'm not sure I'm ready to be face-to-face with the man who abandoned me. It's not like I even know his name."

"Will you ever be ready?" He questioned with his brown eyes peering into my light blue ones. "Maybe it's like a bandaid. You just gotta do it quick, and get it over with."

"Like the ten minutes with you last night?" I smirked pulling away from his embrace before hopping onto his bed.

He feigned being hurt and placed his hands over his heart. "It was longer than ten minutes!"

"Okay baby, if you say so," I teased before answering him. "I don't want to meet him, that's just it. He didn't even stay to get through my first year."

"What if I go with you for moral support?"

I then looked up at him with eyes wide in shock. Would he really do that for me? That was a huge thing in my life. Was he really prepared to go with me and meet my father?

"I know what you're thinking," he then stated sitting next to me on the bed and placing his tattooed hand on my knee. "Mia, I love you more than anything. Of course I'll go with you to meet your father."

"Well, go get in the shower then," I smiled pushing him off the bed. "You can't have the whole 'I had sex with your abandoned daughter last night' look and smell when I first meet him!"

He then jokingly smelled his fingers causing me to laugh hard, "Nope, smells fine to me."

"Shut up and go get ready!" I continued to laugh throwing one of his pillows at him.

After he left for the shower, I dropped the towel and began to get dressed. I'd packed a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. Great look for a first impression. Although, I didn't particularly care about leaving a lasting impression. Odds were he was just going to up and disappear again anyway.

After getting dressed, I realized Alex didn't have a hair dryer in his room. The only logical place it could be was in the bathroom. Knowing he wouldn't care, I walked into Alex's steamed up bathroom and began using the hair dryer.

The best part of having a boyfriend who cares so much about his hair is that he has a straightener and hairspray always on him. As I plugged in his hair straightener Alex shut the water off and stepped out of the shower.

After wrapping his towel around his waist, he looked at me and laughed. "Bitch stays the night once and she's already using my hair straightener."

"What can I say? I'm a theif," I smirked running a section of hair through the black straightener. "Not only do I steal hair straighteners, but I steal hearts as well."

"Both of which you've stolen from me," he smiled kissing my cheek. Of course, this caused him to get the left side of my hoodie wet.

Playfully, I slapped his arm. "And you got me wet!"

"That's what you were saying last night too," he smirked before grabbing the hair dryer.

Like a married couple, we stood together in the bathroom. He was drying his hair, and I was straightening mine. This was something I'd be okay with having happen every day. Sure, we'd only been dating for about a month, officially for less than a week, but we'd known each other most of our lives. We've loved each other since we were in high school. Thinking of spending my life with him already wasn't all that crazy.

I then looked over and smiled at the shirtless, brown-haired man. He really wasn't a boy anymore, he was a man, and that was something strange for me to say. We were so little when we became friends that I never saw the change from boy to man. True, I wasn't there for his full transition, but even when we graduated--the second to last day I had seen him--he'd been a man. He was the type of man I wanted in my life. Unlike my father, I knew he wouldn't run away if we somehow ended up having an unplanned pregnancy. I was happy with choosing Alex over Chris.

"I love you... a lot, Alex," I stated once he turned the blow dryer off. Having finished my hair, I handed him the strsightener before grabbing his hairspray.

He looked at me with a questioning smirk, "I love you a lot too, what's up hon?"

"Just thinking..." I trailed off before hopping on the counter and scrolling through Instagram.

"About what?"

"Us, and how we've only officially been together for less than a week, and how you're a better man than my father ever was, and that if for whatever reason we'd end up with an unplanned pregnancy I know you'd stick around and wouldn't just up and leave," I honestly spoke.

Alex sighed then, "You're right there, but speaking of leaving..."

"You guys leave for tour again soon, don't you?"

"In February..." he trailed off remembering what happened last time they left me to go on tour. "I could talk to Keith and see if you co-"

"Alex," I sighed. I wanted to go with, I just knew I couldn't. "I want to come with, I do, but I need to start getting my feet on the ground now that I'm back in Baltimore. I need to find a job and a place to live."

"Why don't you just live with me?" He then questioned putting the straightener down and grabbing the hairspray. Once he was done spraying his hair, he stood between my legs and placed his palms on the counter next to my hips. "I love you Mia, and this way we could maximize our time together when I'm not on tour."

"Are you sure you want that? I mean... aren't you gonna get sick of me? Most people usually do," I admitted now looking down at the floor.

Alex then gently pushed my head up so that I was looking at him. "Don't say that Mia. I could never get sick of your beautiful face."

"I guess moving in with you would be nice," I then smiled before Alex pressed his lips against mine. Once we pulled away from the kiss, I dropped my head to look at the floor again, "We should probably get going."

"Hey, look at me," he once again lifted my chin, "it's going to be okay. Everything will be alright."

"Let's just get this over with," I sighed hopping off the counter. "Hope he's ready to meet his daughter in all her makeupless glory."

He chuckled then, "If he can't take that he's a worthless bastard."

"Isn't he already?" I smiled walking out of the bathroom.

As we walked into the living room I smiled at the colorful wrapping paper that was still lying on the floor. My pile of presents sat next to the couch and I walked over to grab the small box on top. Smiling, I took the beautiful necklace from Alex out of the box and put it on.

Then the two of us were out the door and on our way to meet my father.
♠ ♠ ♠
Most importantly, go vote for the Hustlers for MTV's fandom awards. How cool would it be to say we beat Directioners and Swifties??

Also important, happy 27th birthday to Jack!