Steal a Kiss in the Dark

Mia's POV

January 1st, 2014

For two hours now I had been trying to fall asleep but I couldn't. I didn't like that I was sleeping in this bed alone. It didn't feel right to be alone in this bed, not yet at least. I knew I'd have to get used to sleeping alone really soon, but I wasn't ready to start that yet.

Growing a pair, I got out of bed and headed to the living. There I saw Alex sound asleep on the couch. He really was the cutest man I had ever seen. Sammy was curled up right next to him too. I almost didn't want to disturb his peace, but I knew I wouldn't sleep if I didn't. Quietly then, I walked over to Alex on the couch and gently shook his shoulder.

"Baby, wake up," I lightly spoke.

He began rubbing his eyes, and soon enough his eyes were opening. "Hi cutie," he smiled at me with his sleepy brown eyes.

"I'm sorry for getting mad at you," I nearly pouted.

"I'm sorry for making comments about our private moments."

"Will you come back to bed? I'm lonely."

"Of course I will, Mia."

He then followed me back to bed where we crashed very shortly after he wrapped his arms around me. Alex is my safe place. and I have no idea what I'm going to do when he leaves for tour. Every second I've spent thinking about Alex leaving has been a second that makes me want to go on tour with the guys. I just know I can't do that for myself regardless of how much I wish I could.

That morning, I woke up alone in mine and Alex's bed. I always felt uneasy waking up alone given the fact I hadn't regularly done it in so long. Not liking the lonesomeness of the king bed, I gradually wandered out to the living room.

Alex wasn't there.

I was really confused at this point because if he wasn't in the bedroom or in the living room I really had no idea where he was. Hoping he was around here somewhere, I continued checking various rooms around the house. Ten minutes later I had checked every room, and there was still no sign of Alex anywhere. Where the hell was this boy?

I tried calling him, but his phone went straight to voicemail. In turn, I called Jack who picked up on the second ring.

"Hey Mia, what's happening?"

"Have you seen Alex?"

"Not since last night, why?" He asked now sounding slightly concerned.

I sighed, "I don't know... I woke up and he was just gone. I can't find him in the house and his phone is off."

"I'm sure he'll turn up eventually, he's too crazy about you not to."

"I guess you're right... I'll let you go, Jack. Have a good day. See you later, maybe."

"Bye Mia."

The line went dead, and I became more and more frustrated. It's not like Alex to just up and disappear, yet here it was, ten in the morning on New Year's Day, and Alex was nowhere to be found. If this boy doesn't turn up soon I'm calling a search pa-

Then the door opened. A brown haired man tried quietly sneaking through the kitchen, but he didn't seem to think I'd have been up to notice.

"Good morning baby," he smiled at me.

I pouted, "Where were you?"

"Getting breakfast for you, you dork," he chuckled waving a McDonald's bag in front of my face. "Every New Year's that you spent the night at my house we'd eat McDonald's breakfast in the morning. I figured I'd keep that tradition alive this year."

Instead of pouting, I began smiling. I was pretty hungry after last nights shenanigans. "Gimme," I laughed grabbing the bag from him. "Sir, I was about to send a search party out for you. Don't just leave me alone in bed without a text at the very least. For all I knew, you were dead in a ditch somewhere."

"You worry too much," he smiled before patting my back and stealing a hash brown from the bag. "It's kinda cute though."

"I'm always kinda cute," I rolled my eyes as I shoved an entire sausage patty in my mouth. I couldn't help but grin at the love of my life with the sausage very visibly in my mouth.

He chuckled, "Fuck kinda cute. You're damn sexy."

"I know," I mumbled through the food.

The two of us just sat there eating and cracking jokes. There was no doubt in my mind that this was where he and I belonged. When Chris and I were together I could never just shove food in my mouth and grin at him; he'd call me disgusting. Chris and I were alright together, but we were nothing like Alex and I. Alex and I were easy. We made sense. Nothing was forced between the two of us, and we could just be ourselves. He already knew my dirty secrets, he had already been around for me to clog a toilet or two. Shit just happens and we understood that with each other.

Alex and I made sense. That's all that mattered to me when it came to us. Leaving Chris for Alex was easy because all along I knew it was supposed to be Alex and I that end up together.

"Hey, William."

"Yeah, Nicole?"

"Wanna fuck?"

"You don't have to ask me twice," he smirked dropping his food on the counter.

Without hesitation, I felt Alex's hands grabbing underneath my ass so he could carry me to the bedroom.

"Why don't we just fuck out here?" I offered up, "It is our house after all."

"Good point," he smiled before throwing me onto the couch.

*****

"Fuck," I huffed rolling off of him. "Why is the sex always so good?"

He smirked at me then. "Because I'm a fucking sex god, duh."

All I could do was roll my eyes before rolling into his sweaty chest. The sex may be great, but the post-sex cuddles were always somehow better. Cuddling him always felt more intimate to me than anything else we could do.

"Hey, Mia," he quietly whispered. "Have you ever thought about having a family?"

"Have you met me?" I smiled. "Having kids has always been my biggest goal in life."

"I thought so," he smiled. "When do you think you'd want kids?"

"Preferably after I'm married, why?"

"I dunno... I just... I feel like I'm ready for it I guess."

"Alex..." I sighed. "I don't think we are. Kids are a lot and I don't think our relationship is ready for it. Plus, I'd want you to be home more than you are if we do have kids."

"I know," he rubbed my back, "I was just wondering. All I know for sure is we'd have some cute kids."

"That's very true."

He started full on laughing then. "Could you just imagine me holding a baby on stage because I'd want him or her to be the coolest little kid?"

"Weirdly, I could. I could definitely see you living vicariously through our future children."

"Oh?" He quirked his eyebrow at me while still rubbing my back up and down. "So you think your kids are gonna be mine?"

"Might as well be, I don't really feel like doing this whole love thing again. It's really more so just out of convenience that they'd be your children."

"Ouch," he feigned hurt before the two of us went back to cuddling in silence.

I sure did love this man.