Steal a Kiss in the Dark

Alex's POV

January 21st, 2014

"Alright," I heard Mia sigh from the other room. "Thank you anyway."

I knew by the sigh that it was bad news. She'd been trying to get a dental hygienist job around the area, but no one was really hiring. It sucked having to watch her struggle like this. Mia needed to place some roots down in Baltimore, but how was she going to do that without a job.

She plopped onto the couch next to me. "Another rejection call. How fantastic."

"I'm sorry pretty girl. It's their loss though."

"Not really..." She admitted while staring at the ground. "I barely graduated with a 2.5, it's understandable that they don't want me. There's always going to be a better candidate than me."

I couldn't help but furrow my brow then. Seeing her so disappointed always hurt, but I had no idea what to say to her at this point. It's not like I did the whole college thing and give her some advice on a shitty GPA. Other than getting the band started, I never had to struggle with finding a professional job so I had no idea what to say to her about that. If there was something I could do for her, I would, but I don't think there's anything I'd be capable of doing.

Instead of talking, I simply placed my left hand on her right night. We sat in silence as I gently rubbed her knee, and I just gave her time to think and to talk.

That's when an idea hit me.

"Mia, are you still into your photography?"

She shrugged, "I guess, a little bit, not that much."

"Why don't you try starting a photography business? I know you were really great at it in high school."

October 15th, 2006

"Smile for the camera you assholes," Mia laughed trying to get a photograph of the band.

Jack flipped her off with a toothy grin, "Why should we?"

"Y'all aren't paying me enough for this shit," she giggled snapping another shot.

Rian piped in, "Are we paying you at all?"

"Not one penny," I smiled.

"I hate all of you," she rolled her eyes with a smile.

She sure had an eye behind that lens. Not everyone can capture photos that convey so much emotion, but somehow that blonde-haired beauty could. Mia knew how to capture a moment. Every shot she took you could feel the emotion and the reality behind it. Her photos weren't just some smile, no. They were joy and sadness, laughter and tears, pain and heartache. All emotions you can't just feel with every photo. It takes a real creative power to make one truly feel the emotion that was happening during a photo.

"And this is why I hate posed photos," she again rolled her eyes.

January 21st, 2014

"I haven't shot anything in so long," she admitted.

I sighed in turn. "I know you said you want to get grounded in Baltimore but..."

"You really want me on tour with you?"

"I can talk to Danny. You know how to shoot, Mia. I know the guys and I trust you when it comes to that kind of thing. This way you'd have a job and be getting paid at least for a little bit."

"I don't know..." she trailed off.

I could tell she was thinking about it, but I could also tell she was really unsure if us spending every single moment of every single day together was really that great of an idea.

"Mia."

"Alex." She turned her head to look me dead in the eyes.

"I want to be with you as much as I possibly can. Mia, I love you so much. If you happen to find a place that will hire you outside of Maryland, I'd be more than happy to move for you. I can do this band thing from anywhere. No matter where we are, I can travel, and I can make my band shit happen pretty much no problem. You need to get yourself a job, and I totally understand you wanting to be your own person and doing your own thing. I'm going to support you no matter what and do whatever it takes to help you become who you need to be and do what you need to do."

"Alex," she gave a teary eyed smile, "that means so much. I love you so much. But, I can't just let you move because of me."

"You don't have to let me, but I will do it regardless," I gave her a big smirk at that. No matter what she would have to say, I would follow her wherever. I already made the mistake of letting her go alone and losing her for years. There was no way in hell that I was about to let that happen again.

She then smiled big at me, "I hate you."

Just like that, the pretty blonde girl was snuggling into my side. I loved the two of us just being together. There was no drama, no anger, just love, and joy. What more could a guy ask for in a relationship? Everything between us was perfect.

"We'll just have to figure it all out as we go," she spoke very quietly.

"Yes, we will."

Then there was a rapping at the door. With a groan, I got up to get it.

"Hey, Miss Albrecht?" I asked confused as to what she was standing at my door.

She laughed, "Seriously Alex, just call me Chrissy. Is Mia home?"

"Mia! It's your mom!" I shouted to the blonde in the living. "She'll be right with you."

"I mean, I could have done that," the older version of Mia smiled.

Then the other bubbly blonde emerged, "Hey mom, what's up?"

"Can you come outside to talk to me?"

"Alright?" She looked with a questioning look to me.

I walked away then to let the two blondes talk on their own.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a shorter chapter because I did wanna throw this conversation in there from Alex's perspective and get the Mia/Chrissy conversation in Mia's perspective. Anyway, let me know what you thought in the comments.

Also, is anyone really interested in this story at all anymore..?