Steal a Kiss in the Dark

Mia's POV

November 14, 2013

"Happy birthday, Mia!" Chris yelled waking me up. I smiled up at my adorable boyfriend with my eyes still closed. Half opening them I looked at the alarm clock next to my bed; 1:30 P.M.

"Happy anniversary," I giggled kissing his nose. "Would you mind waiting for me in the living room so I can shower and get ready for this crazy day?"

He smiled down at me, "I guess I can wait with your smelly roommate before we leave for the signing."

My eyes shot open when he said that. I knew we were going to the concert, I didn't know we were going to a signing. I really didn't want Chris to know about my past with them.

"We-we're going to the signing?" I nervously stuttered out.

"Yeah, aren't you excited?" He asked with a cocked eyebrow.

"Totally," I smiled now with a lack of confidence in my reply. "Now get out of my room!"

"Fine Miss Pushy-Pants," he chuckled sticking his tongue out at me. He then left my room and thankfully closed my door, otherwise, I would have had to yell at him.

Scanning my CD collection I found the newest All Time Low release, Don't Panic: It's Longer Now, and placed it in my CD player and carried it to the bathroom connected to my bedroom. Turning the volume all the way up, I quickly began singing along with "The Reckless and the Brave."

Slowly, I stripped my clothing off. Turning the water on in the shower I brushed through my hair just so there wouldn't be any large, nasty snarls.

I really didn't want to go to the signing, I thought to myself as I stepped into the shower. My appearance hasn't changed much over the years and the guys were sure to recognize me and make a scene.

Then when they're calling me by name that'll send off red flags to Chris, and I don't want to explain my friendship with them. Maybe I'll be lucky enough that they won't remember me. If that happened, I think I'd probably cry. We had been best friends for years and it would be upsetting if they completely forgot about me.

"Shit," I mumbled as I accidentally cut myself with my razor. This is why I shouldn't think in the shower. I always end up injuring myself somehow.

After washing my hair I turned the shower off and stepped out. Drying off my legs, first, I put lotion on before drying the rest of my body. I then pulled my acid wash, skinny jeans onto my legs, followed by the Barakat baseball tee sold in the All Time Low online merch store.

Knowing the boys they'd laugh and joke that it was Jack I had a crush on for all those years. It wasn't. There had always been a connection between Alex and me, and I wish we would have had something, but too late now. I was with Chris, and he made me happier than anyone ever had.

Then, I had to work on my hair. Brushing through it I did end up finding a few tangles but they were easy enough to get through. As I finished brushing through the wet mess, I plugged my hair dryer in and began using that.

I didn't want the guys to recognize me. It would just be awkward if they did, because of that I knew I had to look a way they had never seen. I need to curl my hair and put makeup on.

When we were in high school I never did anything to my hair or my makeup. I personally liked my sleep more than my appearance.

"You look hot," Nicole laughed as I entered the living room. "Anyone else you wanna invite? Marissa bailed leaving us an extra ticket."

I smirked as a certain red haired friend came to mind, "How about Amber?"

"No!" Chris yelled. He hated her and she hated him. They had an... interesting relationship to say the least.

"I don't get why y'all hate each other so much," Nicole sighed jumping on my back.

"She's a bitch!" He exclaimed in frustration, "She punched me in the dick the day she met me!"

"In her defense, you grabbed her ass," I giggled.

"I was drunk," he sighed. It was true, he was wasted that day. His ex had just broken up with him that day.

"Whatever," I laughed before Nicole turned me around.

"Barakat, really? I would have guessed the one you had a crush on instead of him but whatever," Nicole smiled looking at the back of my shirt. I turned around and gave her the death glare.

Chris laughed, "Does Miss Mia have a little boy band crush?"

"Oh definitely," I sarcastically admitted praying he wouldn't realize anything.

"It's not cheating if you hook up with him then. Just like it's not cheating for me to hook up with Mila Kunis," Chris smiled.

It was my turn to have a sassy reply, "You only get to hook up with Mila Kunis if I'm there."

"For real?"

"Nicole," I laughed queuing for her to explain.

"Mia would finger bang the shit out of Mila Kunis."

"I would go lesbo for her," I admitted. It did frighten me though that he said I could bang my "band crush." Unlike him and Mila Kunis, Alex and I banging wouldn't be totally far fetched. "I don't want you sleeping with anyone other than me, though, okay baby?"

"Then no sleeping with Mr. Band Crush," he laughed pulling me into his lap. "So we'll leave in like twenty minutes. Sound good?"

"Sounds great," I nervously smiled. "Should we just be scalpers for a night and sell the extra ticket on the street?"

"Sounds good to me," Nicole said before entering the living room with a stack of french toast. Both Chris and I stared at her with wide eyes as she shoved a large forkful into her mouth. "What?"

"You didn't make me any french toast?" I pouted.

"No," she stated before swallowing what was in her mouth.

I whined, "But it's my birthday!"

"You have two legs."

"It's my birthday, bitch, now go make me some french toast," I stated before crossing my arms over my chest.

"Bitch," Nicole giggled before heading to the kitchen to make me french toast.

I loved being roommates with this girl. She could cook amazingly and clean spectacularly. It was easy to get along with her, we listened to the same music, we wore the same sized clothing, and she helped pay a little over half the rent just because she made a couple grand more than me a year. There couldn't be another roommate better for me out there.

"Happy?" She asked handing me a plate with cinnamon and powder sugar coated french toast.

"Very," I smiled taking a bite of the french toast. "Best. Foodgasm. Ever." I then stated after swallowing the food.

"That good, huh?" Nicole asked looking over at me.

"Better than an orgasm with this one," I giggled pointing at Chris.

He then pouted looking at me, "Low blow Mia. Low. Blow."

"I'm not giving you a low blow. Sorry, but penises in the mouth are yucky," I teased.

"Because hearing you two fuck isn't bad enough," Nicole teased.

I giggled, "I thought walking in on us was the worst."

"Don't remind me about that! I can't believe I still have eyes!" Nicole cringed remembering the day she walked in on Chris and me in my bedroom.

"Your fault. Not like you couldn't hear her yelling," Chris smirked.

"If only you realized I fake all the yelling for your self-esteem," I smirked high fiving Nicole.

"Two low blows in one day! Way to go Mia!"

"Let's just go," Chris now sulked.

"Oh you know I'm kidding," I kissed his cheek before the three of us walked out to Nicole's car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy shit! Next update's gonna be cray!

Questions!!
1. What do you think is going to happen at the signing?
2. Why doesn't Mia want the guys to recognize her?
3. Do you think there's a reason behind Mia wearing the Barakat baseball tee?
4. How do you feel about Mia's relationship with Nicole? With Chris?