Steal a Kiss in the Dark

Alex's POV

November 14, 2013

I pushed Jack, laughing, as we walked out to the signing. Signings were always fun. We may not get to spend a lot of time with fans during signings, but it meant we got to meet a lot more friends.

Before we got to our seats for the signing we could hear the fans chanting, "All Time Low," repeatedly. That put a smile on my face as the guys and I sat at the table.

"Hi, how are you?" I asked the first girl who came up.

"I'm great. How are you?" She asked with a smile.

"Pretty good," I chuckled signing her CD before handing it to Jack. She then went on and had a mini conversation with the other three guys.

Another girl then came up right after her, "Hi, I'm Amanda."

"Hi, I'm Alex," I chuckled as I signed her CD along with a poster.

"Oh really? I didn't know that," she smiled.

"Then why the fuck are you here? Who shows up to get shit signed by someone she doesn't even know?" I laughed handing her stuff off to Jack.

She giggled, "Apparently I do."

People like that were what made signings entertaining. That and the ones who bring weird shit.

"Can you sign this?" The next girl asked placing a pink dildo onto the table.

Immediately, I began laughing. Jack, Rian, and Zack quickly joined me as we all looked at it.

"Has it been used?" I asked quickly writing my name on the plastic dick.

"Not yet, I was waiting for something like this to happen," she smiled laughing.

We kept signing things for another forty-five minutes until there were only a few people left.

"Hey," a cute brunette girl smiled handing me her poster, bracelet, and CD.

"Hey," I smiled before I saw the girl after her. I stopped dead in my tracks and stared.

"Hey, are you okay?" The brunette asked. I said nothing. She then turned to Jack, "Does he do this a lot?"

"No," Jack confessed before looking at the same girl I was looking at. "M-Mia."

"Damn it," the all too familiar blonde said.

"Hey, how do they know you?" The dirty blonde haired guy she was standing with asked.

I felt hurt when she said damn it about Jack recognizing her. It made it seem as if she wanted no one to know about our past.

"Chris," she sighed, "these are my old best friends from Baltimore. Alex Gaskarth, Jack Barakat, Rian Dawson, and Zack Merrick. Guys, this is my boyfriend Chris."

"B-boyfriend?" I stuttered out.

She sighed again, "Once I left Baltimore I was no longer that annoying girl everyone saw. They finally saw me as the real Mia and well, I lucked out and got this guy."

"Because of me," the brunette smiled.

"Yes, because of you," Mia laughed. Damn, how I missed her laugh. "I should probably introduce you too. That's Nicole. She's my bitch of a roommate."

"Rude!" Nicole laughed at Mia.

"Whoever told you I was nice lied, bitch," the blonde girl I no longer knew joked with her roommate.

"Happy Birthday Mia," Rian smiled at her.

"Thanks, Ri," she smiled before going and hugging him. "I've honestly missed you guys."

"We've missed you too," Zack smiled at her.

"You spoke to me!" Mia laughed.

Nicole then turned to Chris, "Are you feeling awkward too?"

"Little bit," he answered her.

"I'm sorry. I haven't seen these guys since I moved. Can you blame me?" Mia said to her boyfriend and roommate.

"How's your mom, Mia?" I asked before her stupid boyfriend could say anything.

She sighed, "Don't know. Haven't talked to her since I've moved either. Well, other than Nicole's birthday I haven't talked to her."

"You're mom's doing well," Jack answered.

Mia giggled, "You still go over even though I'm no longer there, don't you?"

"Mrs. Albrecht makes great cookies," Jack laughed patting his stomach.

"How has she let you call her Mrs. Albrecht? I remember she'd always, always, always tell you to call her Crissy. Hell, I call her Crissy instead of mom," Mia smiled shaking her head.

I had to throw my two cents in just so Chris couldn't, "Don't you think it's weird the Jack still goes to your mom's house?"

She and Jack exchanged a quick glance. "Not weird at all. I always knew he wanted to bang my mom."

"Hold on. Turn around, I wanna see who's you're wearing," Rian laughed referring to Mia's shirt.

"Barakat's," she answered without turning around.

"Hell yeah, motherfuckers," Jack laughed high fiving Mia.

She smiled at the weirdness of my friend before turning to her new friends, "We should probably get going for dinner."

"Where would you like to go, Princess?" Chris asked wrapping his arm around Mia and kissing her cheek. I felt like he was trying to rub in the fact he had her and I didn't.

Jack then joked, "Maybe we should come with."

"That sounds like a great idea!" I sincerely added in.

Mia groaned. "I'm sorry but you guys... we're not friends anymore. We barely know each other. Plus, anniversary dinner kinda doesn't need three loud mouths and Zack tagging along."

"What about her?" I bitched to Mia by pointing at her friend.

"She's my best friend who set us up. I think she can come along. Plus, she has a name," Mia snarked at me. "Listen Gaskarth. Just because you got big and famous doesn't mean I want Baltimore back just for you four. Just accept that I'm gone like the other three have."

"Mia, I have a question," Jack quietly asked clearly intimidated. "Would it be crazy if I asked you to hang out with us tomorrow just to catch up?"

Mia smiled her sweet smile, "Oh Jack. How could I say no to one day of catch up?"

"Great," Jack smiled. He then took out a fifty dollar bill out of his wallet, "Now go have a nice dinner, on me."

Mia smiled before hugging Jack, "Thanks, buddy." Just like that, she and her two friends were gone.

Once Mia was gone I mumbled, "Fucking bitch," under my breath and received a dirty look from my three friends.

"If anyone was the bitch it was you," Rian bitterly stated. "You said shit just to get her attention away from her boyfriend. Let Mia be happy without us. It's not like we own her."

"She's the bitch who's rubbing it in that she has a boyfriend. She didn't need to say it's her anniversary and sh-" that's when it hit me. "He's the guy proposing tonight! It's their anniversary and Mia's birthday!"

"Awesome," Jack said, "Mia deserves to be happy and he seems like a great guy."

A great guy my ass. He probably had some secret he was hiding from Mia. Yeah, she deserved to be happy, happy with me. I was the right kind of guy for her, not some tool from South Carolina.

Mia had no right to say the bullshit that she did to me. I did nothing wrong. Can she not see I'm only trying to protect her from some stranger that she doesn't even know.

I was so pissed, I flipped the table in front of me. The other three just stared at me with eyes filled with horror. No one had ever seen this side of me before.

"Fucking whore!" I yelled throwing the table across the room, "It's me you're supposed to be with! Me! Not some stuck up tool from South Carolina!"

As I continued my rampage, the guys called Matt over clearly not knowing what to do. He grabbed my arms and tried holding me back. When that didn't work he pinned me down on the ground.

The rage ended, but the tears started. "She's supposed to be with me. I'm supposed to be her happily ever after. It's supposed to be me not him!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Bing, bang, boom. Drama llama in the room!
(Yes, that was necessary.)

Questions!
1. Overall thoughts on the chapter?
2. Was Alex too quick to judge Chris?
3. Did Mia have a right to say what she did to Alex about not being friends?
4. Is it okay for Alex to do the things he did after Mia left?