Steal a Kiss in the Dark

Mia's POV

November 15, 2013

"Good morning," I walked into the living room and giggled.

Nicole simply rolled her eyes at me, "I hope you're texting your fiance."

"No. Why?" I asked confused. Why would it matter who I'm texting? It's just Alex. "Oh my God!" I then laughed reading what Alex just sent me.

OMG Mia! Do you remember that time you let Jack drive your car while you and I were wasted?

September 20, 2005

"Jack!" I giggled my drunken giggle. "Take us hooome!"

Jack sighed then chuckled, "You are the most annoying drunk. I hope you know that."

"I don't give a fuuuuck!" I again giggled.

"Giggles!" Alex grinned.

"Lexi-lou!"

"Y'all are too damn drunk. Mia, give me your keys," Jack sighed holding his hand out to me.

I pouted. "My keys."

"Mia," he sternly said.

"Jack."

"Keys."

"No."

"Mia."

"Toilet!" I yelled before running to the bathroom to empty my stomach of the clear vodka. As I was kneeling at the ceramic bowl, Jack reached in the tight pocket of my skinny jeans and pulled my keys out.

I then stood up and crossed my arms over my chest. "Give me my keys."

"No. You're in no condition to drive," he stated, shoving my keys in his boxers.

"Alex!" I whined. Sure enough, Alex was quickly in the bathroom with us. "This jerkoff put my keys in his boxers."

Jack had finally had enough, "Time to take you two home."


Nicole was frustrated by my lack of response to her. "What the hell Mia?"

"What?" I asked only half interested as I sent a reply to Alex. I can't believe he shoved my keys down his boxers while I was puking.

"You have that smile on your face that you had when you first fell in love with Chris. It's not okay for you to have that same smile for some other dude," she bitch at me. I guess she had a point. It wasn't fair to Chris if I was texting my old best friend about all the times we could have started dating but didn't.

I sighed, "It's just Alex."

"Just Alex? Really? You and I both know that if it was a realistic opportunity that you would leave Chris for Alex," shd stated sounding upset, "Chris was my friend before you moved here. If you fucking hurt him... I swear to God you're not allowed to live here anymore."

"Jeeze. Don't need to be a bitch about me texting my old best friend," I shot at her.

She just glared at me, "You're fucking kidding me right? He wasn't just your old best friend. You wanted to date him for a long ass time. Don't give me the bullshit that he's just an old best friend."

"Just fuck off," I groaned. "I'm getting ready for the day then I'm going out."

"Let me guess. You're going out with fucking Alex Gaskarth."

"So fucking what? Him and Jack were my best fucking friends," I snarked.

She just rolled her eyes, and I marched off to my room.

Going to my underwear drawer I pulled out a lacy, hot pink, "Very Sexy Push-Up" bra from Victoria's Secret. I then scanned through my panties collection to find my hot pink, "Everyday Perfect Thong Panty" also from Victoria's Secret.

Next I went to my closet to find my favorite pair of black leggings that I, unsurprisingly, got for free from Victoria's Secret. I was purposely going for "sexy" clothing. The guys needed to see my potential, and they needed to see what they were going to miss. This way they had to be around me for Cristmas and New Year's.

Continuing my search through my closet, I grabbed my VS red Boyfriend Sweater. It was like angels were kissing my skin whenever I wore this sweater.

Oh, Mittens says meow(:
Image

Alex then texted me. I had totally forgotten about the kitten the guys and I bought when I was fifteen. Mittens was the cutest little Russian Blue I had ever seen.

Aww! Will I be seeing mittens today? I quickly replied before saving the picture he had sent me.

Of course he replied before I went into the bathroom.

I really wasn't in the mood to shower, so I just grabbed my dry shampoo and sprayed it all over my hair. Letting it sot and soak up the oil in my hair I grabbed my makeup wipes to clean off the smeared makeup from yesterday.

After wiping all of yesterday's makeup off, I rubbed the dry shampoo into my scalp. I really didn't want to ruin the still on tact curls from the day before.

Not wanting to go too overboard, I quick put some foundation on along with some blush and mascara. I felt like my hair and face looked good enough, so I quickly pulled on the new clothing I had previously picked out.

"Good enough," I smiled to myself before exiting my bathroom.

I then walked to my nightstand and put the silver chain with a pink heart pendant around my neck. Sadly, the necklace Alex bought me years ago matched the ring Chris bought for my engagement ring. I loved both items of jewelry, I loved both of the people who gave them to me, what I didn't love was that I knew Chris based the ring on my necklace.

Bitch, we're outside. -Jack

I giggled before grabbing my Coach purse off of my bed along with my wallet and car keys.

"Break Chris' heart and you're never allowed back," Nicole reminded me as I headed out the door.

Instantly I jumped onto Jack to give him a hug. He still smelled the same as he had seven years ago. Sweat and Axe, just like always.

"Little Miss Mia," he laughed, "I heard you were talking to Alex about the time I put your keys in my pants."

I blushed a little bit before nodding. "I heard Mittens is still around!"

"Mittens is still around," Rian smiled.

"I want my Mittens!" I exclaimed before leading the four boys inside the apartment. I had only taken them through the apartment to get to the garage. It was a two car garage so luckily Nicole and I didn't have to argue over who got to park in it.

Nicole glared the entire twenty seconds it took us to get in the garage. I pressed the button and opened the garage door.

"Shot gun!" Alex yelled before running to Nicole's passenger door.

"That's Nicole's car, hon," I smiled at him. His head dropped slightly before he walked around the front of Nicole's car before getting to the front door of my cherry red convertible.

The guys just smirked looking at it. Looking at how I grew up, you never would have guessed I would ever have a car like this. It was clear in their expressions that it was shocking for me to have this car.

"Jealous?" I smirked walking to the drivers side and unlocking the doors.

"How?" Alex asked opening the passenger side door and getting in next to me.

I smiled shaking my head, "I have a decent paying job."

"Doing what?" Jack asked curiously.

"Dental hygienist," I laughed before pulling out of the driveway. "Where exactly do you fags wanna go?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh shit...

Questions:
1. Is it okay for Nicole to be upset that Mia is talking to Alex?