Status: Temporary hiatus while I get my shit together

Pressed Flowers

The Hunting

I still don't approve. Not one bit.

Yes, Frank comforted Acacia in her time of need and yes, I wasn't blind to their obvious infatuation with each other, but that didn't change anything! There was still no way in hell I was allowing Frank to become romantically involved with my sister.

So, right before we hit the road to drive all the way to Chicago for our first show, Lyn-Z gave me the best idea ever! She said that if Frank and Acacia saw people that were more attractive and had more in common with each other, then maybe they'd realize their little 'relationship' was nothing more than lust.

So I went out on a hunt, to search for the perfect match for Frank and Acacia. It wouldn't be that hard. I mean, I grew up with Acacia and Frank was my best friend. How hard could it be?

I stepped off of the tour bus with my hands shoved in my pockets as I began walking down the street. I had made a mental list of characteristics for the perfect companion for the two.

Frank wasn't someone who based his tastes too much on looks. Yes, a pretty girl might draw him to her but it was the personality that stayed. He also had a bit of the same tastes as me; someone interested in bands and music, had a darker style and was more easy-going and drop-dead loyal.

Acacia, was a little more complex. She did pay a little more attention to looks than Frank so the guy couldn't be unattractive. She was more into music like the Beatles, Elton John and Pink Floyd. She liked more artsy guys than athletes so my best bet is looking in a place like Starbucks for both of them.

I pulled out my phone and started texted Lyn-Z to tell her where I was heading and my plan. But right when I was about to send my message, I slammed into someone else who was also looking at their phone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" a familiar voice stressed. I looked up and who was there?

The one and only Lyn-Z.

"Gerard?" Lyn-Z gasped, just as shocked as I was. I thought I left her back in L. A?

"Lyn-Z? What are you doing here?" I asked, standing back up and pulling her into a tight embrace. "Are you stalking me or something?"

"I was just about to ask you that." she laughed. "But no, I'm touring with my band."

I pulled back, shocked. "No way, so am I! I'm touring with Mindless Self Indulgence, who are you with?"

"I AM Mindless Self Indulgence! I'm the bassist!" Lyn-Z grinned and my jaw dropped. I had heard so much about MSI and their back bending bassist. I wonder how much she heard about My Chemical Romance and their devishly handsome lead singer?

"That's crazy! I'm in MCR!" We spent about five minutes figuring everything out before we finally realized that we would be spending a very long time together so we may as well get to know each other. And what was the best way to bond with a fellow musician?

Break up Frank Iero and Acacia Lily-Way.

I told her all about my plan and what kinds of people they liked so off we went, searching for the perfect people to set my sister and friend up with.

Lyn-Z and I sat in the corner of Starbucks, both holding a drink as we scanned the crowded shop.

"What about him?" Lyn-Z pointed to a guy with a beard and a beanie on. I immediately shook my head.

"Acacia doesn't like facial hair." I tapped my chin and pointed to a short redhead standing in line. She was Frank's height and had a black Avenged Sevenfold tee on. "What about her?"

"No way. I know a fangirl when I see one and that girl would deafen Frank the second she laid eyes on him." To prove her point, the girl turned and spotted us. It took a good fifteen minutes to calm her screaming and get her out of Starbucks and away from the store.

"Well never mind that thought." I mumbled and searched the crowd again. Some people were too old and others too young; some too preppy and others too goth. I still wanted a guy that wouldn't hurt my sister so I had to choose wisely.

"What about him?" I pointed to a guy sitting alone with a coffee in his hand. He had on loose jeans and a baggy hoodie. He was attractive, cleanly shaven, and from a distance, looked like an alright guy. "Can you sense any douchebag on him?"

"No, he actually looks okay." Lyn-Z shrugged as we continued to stare at him. His hair was dark and swept to the side and he had easy going, brown eyes. Just the kind of guy Acacia needs!

I started to approach the guy, thinking up something to say when the worst thing possible happened; a blonde skipped over and planted a kiss on the boy's lips. He grinned and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her more passionately.

I whipped around and stomped over to Lyn-Z.

"Too bad too, because he looks like he'd be an actually good boyfriend." Lyn-Z commented and I turned around to watch them. The boy was holding his girl close while she laughed at something they said. We must have been watching for a while because the next thing I know, their walking over to us.

"Uh, can we help you? You've kind of been staring for like...twenty minutes and it's freaking us out." the girl said, shifting awkwardly on the balls of her feet.

"Oh sorry! We're trying to find a boyfriend for his sister and we were going to see if you wanted to meet her!" Lyn-Z explained to the couple. "But maybe not..."

They both laughed and they turned out to be pretty understanding about it. Their names were Justin and Marie and they even agreed to help us find people after we explained the whole story! Chicago-ians are so nice!

Suddenly, Justin's phone started ringing. "Hello?"

We waited patiently for him to finish his phonecall.

"Hey Connor, can I call you back? I'm out with Marie and some new friends...we're trying to find good people for my buddy's sister to da-"

Justin paused and this miraculous gleam lit up his eyes. "Actually do you want to come meet them?"

Marie seemed to know what her boyfriend was talking about because she leaned over and whispered to us, "Connor is a mutual friend of ours. He's a really good guy and he's been single for a while now."

Justin finally hung up and we started talking about this Connor kid. I wouldn't let just anyone date my sister so this guy better be worth it! Marie showed us a picture of him and I must admit, he looked like someone Acacia would go for.

He had light brown hair and pale skin with a friendly smile. But there just wasn't something quite right with his eyes...

"Jesus Christ, where are his pupils!?" Lyn-Z gasped as she looked at the picture. I looked again and my jaw dropped.

Justin and Marie started cracking up though like this was the funniest shit in the world. They had to explain to us that the reflection off his eyes was just blocking out his pupils but I wasn't so sure. Someone with eyes that weird can't be up to good.

But, once again, I was wrong. Because the second I met Connor, I knew he was a good guy. He walked into Starbucks, ordered a drink and came met us.

"So Connor, tell us about yourself." I ordered and Connor took one last sip from his cappuccino before speaking.

"Well, there isn't much to say. I'm single, a student at college for fine arts and I'm basically addicted to Starbucks. I work down at a museum, giving tours because one day I want to have my paintings up on those walls."

Determines. Ambitious. Cleanly shaven. This may just be the guy for Acacia.

"I'm living with Justin and a few other guys at the moment but I kind of want to do a bit of travelling, you know? I want to see the world and meet new people and-"

I stood up, "Say, how would you like to meet my sister?"

"Uh...sure?" Connor glanced around but everyone looked away.

We talked a bit longer before I pulled Lyn-Z off to the side. "This is perfect! No all we need is a girl for Frank and we're good!" she whispered excitedly. "And I think I know just the girl!"

Lyn-Z dialled a number in her phone and waited for someone to pick up. "Hey, Jamia. Want to come down here and meet a friend of mine? ...You're sick? Oh...No, it's fine. Feel better, doll."

"I guess it's a no?" I asked even though I knew the answer. Jamia shook her head sadly.

"It's too bad too because I know those two would be perfect for each other..." Lyn-Z trailed off. "Maybe when she gets better."

"You know what, Connor is enough. He might be just what we need to drive a wedge between Frank and Acacia."

"Then let's go see how well the two get along."
♠ ♠ ♠
So Connor is based off a Youtuber named Connor Franta. The whole 'no pupil' scene is because after I looked through some of his pictures, I noticed the light kind of covered his pupils so it looks like he just has white in the middle of his iris... I do have Connor Franta fic out too if you guys want to check it out! It's called Kissing in Cars!

Actually, a lot of my characters are based off of YouTubers...

Acacia is based very loosely after Acacia Brinley Clark and I mainly just liked her name.
Justin is after JC Caylen.
Marie is off of Lia Marie Johnson.
And next chapter, I'm introducing a new character who will probably be based after a YouTuber too!