‹ Prequel: The New World 2
Sequel: The New World 4
Status: Re-edited. Complete. Sequal up. :)

The New World 3

Ch.10

Hershel stayed with Rick all night while the others went to get some sleep. The next morning when Sabrina got up to make breakfast she noticed Rick wasn't around. "Where'd Rick go?" She asked Hershel when she entered the kitchen.

"He wanted to get some air."

"Did he ever tell you what he saw?" She asked getting the oatmeal ready.

"No, not yet. I'm sure he will when he's ready."

The others started coming in slowly yawning and stretching. She and Hershel said good morning to everybody and they got a few different versions of morning. Sabrina made everyone's bowls so they could eat.

"Tastes like apple cinnamon." Ana said.

"That's because it is." She said smiling, sitting next to her and started eating.

"Can I go outside when I'm done?"

Sabrina thought for a few moments. "I can watch over Ana for you. I'll be going out there soon." Hershel said.

"Are you sure Hershel?"

"Yes."

"Alright." She said to Hershel then looked over at Ana. "If Hershel needs help or anything you help him ok?"

"Ok mom."

Everyone finished their food and Ana went to her cell to put on some clothes while Sabrina washed the bowls. When she was done she went to her cell to clean it up a bit while the others talked about something. When she was pissed she cleaned, she happened to be pissed at Daryl still.

"Mom?"

She stopped what she was doing and looked at Ana. "What is it sweetie?"

"Me and Hershel's going outside now."

"Alright baby." She said hugging Ana then kissing her head. "Be careful."

"I will."

Ana left and Sabrina started throwing her dirty clothes harshly into a pile on the floor. She could hear Glenn and Maggie talking about something but didn't really care what they were saying right now. She couldn't believe that Daryl would say that he loved her then not come back. He was leaving her for his psychotic abusive brother!? Sabrina came out of her room to see Beth coming up with Judith. She gave her a small smile and Beth returned it before walking to Maggie's room. Sabrina went to Ana's and started gathering her dirty clothes. When she was done gathering Ana's clothes she picked them up and put them with hers. She decided to go check on Maggie and the baby. She heard what sounded like gunfire outside and she almost ran into Maggie and Judith. Sabrina's eyes grew wide with fear and panic.

"Ana's out there!"

"Sabrina stay in here with Judith. I'll go get Ana and everyone else."

"But-"

Maggie pushed the baby into her hands before running down the stairs. Sabrina carefully ran down the stairs with Judith close to her chest. "Judith, sweetie you need to get to sleep." She said trying to sound calm.

She sat down and rocked Judith back and forth gently then she started humming softly. Once Judith closed her eyes and took a deep breath Sabrina laid her down and ran outside. When she got outside she saw the gate busted open by a van and walkers roaming around.

"Ana! Ana where are you!?"

She looked around frantically and saw Maggie holding someone. Dirty blonde hair, short, pink shirt with purple flowers, and dark blue jeans. Sabrina ran over to Maggie and saw blood gushing out of Ana's stomach and her eyes closed.

"No, Ana! Please!" Sabrina cried hysterically taking Ana into her arms and hugging her tightly.

"I'm so sorry Sabrina. I was to late." Maggie said choking on her words.

Sabrina buried her head into Ana's neck and sobbed uncontrollably. She felt a pair of hands on her shoulders that she knew well, Daryl. She put Ana down softly and kissed her head.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there next to you when this happened Ana." She sobbed while kissing her forehead. "I love you. Don't ever forget that." She said then took out her knife.

Sabrina raised Ana's head up and stabbed her in the back of the head so she wouldn't come back as a walker. She slowly put Ana's head back down and kissed her forehead one more time. She looked up to see that Axel was dead too. She looked around with a blurred vision and saw that everyone was alright. Her blood ran cold when she saw Merle. She got up and gave him the coldest glare that the Devil himself would be scared of.

"Why the hell are you here?" She asked coldly.

"Did ya miss me damaged goods?" He said smirking.

"Merle." Daryl said warningly.

She gritted her teeth and charged at him with her knife ready to go through his head. She didn't get very far when an arm wrapped around her waist and took hold of her wrist. They squeezed enough on her wrist that the knife dropped to the ground.

"Let go of me Daryl!"

"Ya can't kill 'im Sabrina."

"The hell I can't. His governor just killed my baby girl!"

"Watch it girly. I jus' helped you guys out."

"Don't you dare tell me to watch it you inconsiderate bastard!"

"Sabrina."

"Shut up Daryl, this is part of your fault too." She said getting out of his grasp turning towards him. "If you were here and not out there with your so called brother, none of this would've happened. Ana would still be alive!"

Daryl went to grab her wrist but she pulled back harshly. He growled lowly and grabbed for her again and succeeded this time. She put her hands on his chest trying to push away from him but he didn't budge. "Let. Go. Of. Me." She growled out.

He pulled her closer and she began sobbing into his chest. She was having an emotional break down. Sabrina was heartbroken that her daughter got killed, she was happy that Daryl was back yet mad at him and she was furious for seeing Merle here at the prison. Once Sabrina relaxed in his arms he loosened his grip on her. She felt Daryl loosen his grip so she took that moment to get out of his grasp. Sabrina grabbed a shovel and started towards the gate.

"I'll dig Ana's grave."

"I've got it Daryl." She said lowly before walking off.

Carl opened the gate for her without speaking. She walked though the gate and down to the graves. She started to dig a hole for Ana when a walker started approaching her. Sabrina swung the rusty shovel with a growl, slicing the walkers head in half horizontally. The thing fell to the ground with a thud. The others watched her take down a walker.

"Should we help her?" Maggie asked.

"It's probably best ta leave 'er 'lone. She needs ta ge' all tha' rage outta 'er." Daryl said.

She saw another one coming at her so she charged at it and hit it in the head. The thing fell to the ground and she started beating it's head hit the walker so many times that the head became unidentifiable. She went back to the grave she was digging, fell to the ground and sobbed again. The sun that was beating down on her suddenly disappeared. Sabrina didn't care if it was a walker, as of right now she wanted nothing to do with this world, she wanted to be with Ana. The shovel she was using was taken from her hands and she heard someone digging and grunting.

"I'm sorry I wasn't 'ere Sabrina." The voice said with a grunt. "I shoulda been instead of bein' with my brother."

"I understand. You two share the same blood." She spoke quietly.

Sabrina looked up and saw the truck coming down. When they got down there Rick opened the truck gate out to reveal Axel's body and Ana's body rolled in a sheet, separately.

"I got Ana." She said quietly while going to the truck bed.

She gently pulled Ana out and with the help of Daryl the two of them got Ana in her grave. Rick, Daryl and Glenn took Axel's body and put him in his grave. The whole group gave a moment of silence before walking away. She and Daryl stayed at Ana's grave for a few moments.

"Shorty, I...Uh...picked somethin' up fer Ana." He stated and dug in his backpack.

He pulled out a still in the box Barbie doll. "Thought she would wan' it fer her birthday." He said placing it in the grave next to Ana.

Sabrina's eyes started burning again. "She would've loved it Daryl. Thank you." She choked out.

Daryl pulled her into a tight hug while she cried into his chest again.

"Why don't ya go back in the prison 'nd relax." He said softly. "I've got this under control."

She raised her head to look at him and he softly kissed her lips. Daryl broke the kiss and let her go.

"Go ge' some rest. I'll be in there when I'm done."

She slowly walked back up to the prison. When she got through the gate Carol put her arm around her shoulders and led her inside. Sabrina went straight to her room and laid down, staring at the bed above her. She wanted to kill herself and be with Ana but she knew that her daughter wouldn't want that. So what was she going to do?