‹ Prequel: The New World 2
Sequel: The New World 4
Status: Re-edited. Complete. Sequal up. :)

The New World 3

Finale

Sabrina woke up to the sun hitting her face. She stretched a little and she felt something fall into her lap. She looked down and saw that it was Daryl's wing vest. She stood up slowly with Daryl's vest in her hand. She winced when she stretched again.

"Ya didn't have ta stay out 'ere with me last night."

"I wanted to." She handed the vest over and Daryl put it back on.

"C'mon, the others are waitin' inside." He said and started walking with her by his side. "Ya better keep last night b'tween ya 'nd me."

"I didn't plan on telling them Daryl."

Daryl opened the door for her and the both of them went inside. When they went into the common area there was a chorus of good mornings.

"Sabrina, could you take Judith for a second?"

"Sure." She said taking the baby from Beth as the blonde girl went back to the cell block.

Before she could adjust Judith to a comfortable position, the baby was swooped from her arms.

"There's liddle Ass-Kicker."

"Daryl, be careful. She's got an upset stomach." Sabrina warned so he wouldn't get barfed on.

"Why ya go' an upset stomach, sweetheart?" He asked holding Judith close.

Sabrina could feel her insides melt. She still wanted to know how a badass hunter was mean one minute and with a flip of a switch he was gentle and caring the next. Daryl handed the baby back to her before getting a bowl of oatmeal from Carol. Sabrina went up to Carol to get some oatmeal too.

"Did you sleep good?"

"I slept fine but my back hates how I slept though." She said with a chuckle.

Beth soon came back and took Judith. "Thank you, Sabrina."

"It's no problem Beth."

Sabrina ate quickly while Rick instructed everyone on what was going to happen. The others went on to do what they needed to do. Once she was done eating, she cleaned the bowls quickly before helping Hershel with getting a medical bag together.

"Bandages?"

"Check." She said to Hershel.

"Rubbing Alcohol?"

"Check."

"Gauze pads?"

"Check."

"I think that's it." Hershel said zipping the black backpack up.

"Alright. I'll take it out to the vehicle."

She got up and hugged Hershel before taking the bag out to the car. When Sabrina got it in the car she saw Carol coming from 'Daryl's prison area'. Basically that's where he parked his motorcycle and that's where him and her slept last night. She headed that way and when she got there she leaned up against the red brick wall, watching him pack up his motorcycle. Daryl stood up and looked over at her.

"Ya gonna stand over there or are ya comin' over 'ere?"

Sabrina pushed herself off the wall and went to stand next to him. "Daryl, please be careful."

"I'll try." He said fastening up his bike pouch.

"I'm being serious."

"I know 'nd I said I'll try." He snapped looking at her.

She flinched a little as he snapped at her. Daryl rubbed the back of his neck with a sigh.

"Sorry, jus' go' a lot on my mind."

Sabrina hugged him tightly before standing on her tip-toes to kiss him. He wrapped his arms around her, leaned down and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around his neck to deepen the kiss as she backed up to the wall with Daryl pinning her there with his body. They broke their kiss and she wrapped her legs around his waist.

"Sabrina..."

"Please Daryl. I want this."

He looked into her eyes before kissing her more urgently. Daryl wrapped his arms around her and carried her through the closest door. He kicked the door closed and the two of them enjoyed each other's company before Daryl had to fight against the governor.

The two of them fixed their clothes before leaving the small room. She and Daryl went back into the prison where the others were. Daryl went into the cell block and Sabrina sat down in the common area.

"What?" She asked as Rick gave her that 'knowing' smile.

"Nothing, Rina." He said with that same smile. "It took you guys how long to get together?"

Sabrina cleared her throat a little, she knew that there was a different meaning behind that question. Rick laughed at her while she rolled her eyes at him. She quickly got up and went up the balcony to look outside. She squinted towards the road then her eyes got wide.

"Oh, shit. Rick they're coming!" Sabrina said rushing down the stairs.

"Everyone get into your positions! Beth take Judith, put her in the car. Sabrina, me and you will head to the engine room. By the time we reach the engine room they'll be in the cell block. When I leave the engine room, Sabrina, you turn the alarms on."

"Got it."

"Let's move. Now!"

Daryl grabbed Sabrina's arm, giving her a quick kiss before going to his position. She and Rick started running to the engine room, avoiding the walkers. They made it into the engine room and Rick shut the door.

"The switch is over there." He said pointing to a machine.

She went to it and put her hand on the switch, she'd flip the switch when he gave the signal. Rick cracked the door and held up his hand then swooped his arm down. Sabrina flipped the switched and the prison sirens blared while Rick threw a flash bomb out there before closing the door again. Sabrina heard yelling and the group retreating.

"Stay here until I come and get you." Rick said before running out the room.

A few minutes past and Rick came back. "We did it, there gone for now."

She hugged him and they left the engine room. The group met back up with each other and went outside. Daryl smiled at Sabrina as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and she wrapped her arm around his waist.

"We did it. We drove them out." Rick said.

"We should go after them." Michonne suggested.

"We should finish it." Daryl said, agreeing with Michonne.

"It is finished. Didn't you see them high tail it outta here?" Maggie said.

"Yeah. But for how long?" Sabrina asked looking at Maggie.

"They could regroup."

"We can't take the chance. He's not gonna stop." Glenn said.

"They're right. We can't keep living like this." Carol panted out.

"So we take the fight back to Woodbury. We barely made it back last time." Maggie argued.

"He don't care."

"Yeah." Rick sighed out. "Let's check on the others."

The group went to the where the car was parked. When they told them that it was safe, Hershel, Beth with Judith and Carl came back into the prison. Sabrina and Beth went into the cell block to take care of Judith. A few minutes went by before Beth spoke.

"It's not over is it?"

"Not until the Governor is dead." Sabrina sighed out.

"Shorty." She turned her head to see Daryl leaning against Judith's room entry way. Daryl motioned for her with his head to follow him.

"I'll be right back."

Sabrina got up and followed Daryl up to his room. "I'm goin' with Rick ta Woodbury. I'll be back." He said then kissed her. "I promise." He kissed her again.

"I hope so Daryl. If you weren't here, I'd probably would've killed myself when Ana died."

"Don't be sayin' tha' Sabrina. I'll make sure I kill the Governor." He said hugging her tightly.

The two of them walked down the stairs and out of the prison. Daryl got on his motorcycle, handing Michonne a navy blue backpack.

"Ya need ta ge' back inside. Help Beth take care of liddle Ass-Kicker." He said giving her a quick kiss.

Sabrina chuckled before breaking the kiss and headed back into the prison. Before anyone knew, nightfall hit. The group ate in silence and when she was done she went straight to her room and laid down. Sabrina woke up at the crack of dawn, quickly changed and headed outside, only to find that Rick, Michonne and Daryl weren't back yet. She turned around to head back into the prison until she heard something coming from the road. Looking over at the road to see a the familiar gray dodge truck, Daryl on his motorcycle and a bus. She ran back inside and hollered that they were back. Maggie and Glenn went outside to open the gate up for them. Once Daryl got off of his motorcycle she hugged him. He hugged her back while giving her a kiss on top of her head.

"You guys brought them back?" She asked curiously.

"They wanted to come with us. So they're joining us." Rick stated before going to Carl.

Sabrina smiled. There's the Rick I know and remember.