‹ Prequel: The New World 2
Sequel: The New World 4
Status: Re-edited. Complete. Sequal up. :)

The New World 3

Ch.7

Sabrina and Daryl entered the common area to see a black woman laying on the floor. "Rick." Daryl said getting Rick's attention. "Who the hell is this?"

"You wanna tell us your name?" Rick asked the female.

She stayed silent so he said the question again.

"Y'all come on in 'ere."

"Everything alright?" Rick asked standing up.

"I guess you could say that." SAbrina said smiling.

"Yer gonna wanna see this."

"Go ahead. Carl get the bag. We'll keep this safe and sound." Rick said holding the sword. "The doors are all locked. You'll be safe here. And we can treat that."

"I didn't ask for your help." She finally spoke.

"Doesn't matter." Rick said before walking to the cells. "Can't let you leave."

"Do you want me to treat her?" Sabrina asked Rick.

"She said she doesn't want the help. We'll let her be for a few."

She nodded and followed Rick and Daryl back to the cell block. Daryl locked the door and started walking to a cell.

"What did you want to show me?"

"Jus' follow me."

When they arrived at Carol's cell Rick's expression went from confused to shocked to happy and relieved in a matter of seconds. Carol sat up slowly with a smile on her face. Rick went in and hugged her while the others stood outside the cell with smiles on their faces.

"Carol's back." Ana said standing next to her mother.

"Yeah. Daryl found her."

"How?" Hershel asked right before he hugged her.

"Poor thing fought her way into a cell. Must've passed out. Dehydrated."

Hershel let go of her and Carol saw the baby then looked at Rick. He looked to the ground holding back tears and Carol knew Lori was no longer with them. Sabrina felt Ana bury her head into her stomach crying softly. Sabrina looked over at Carl and he was trying hard not to cry in front of everybody. Carol took the baby from Beth to hold her. Sabrina could say that this moment was bittersweet. After that moment everyone gathered their composure and Rick started going back to the woman. Sabrina, Hershel and Daryl followed and saw that she was sitting at one of the tables.

"We can tend to that wound for you, give you a little food and water and then send you on your way. But you're gonna have to tell us how you found us and why you were carrying formula."

"The supplies were dropped by a young Asian guy with a pretty girl."

Sabrina felt her stomach go into knots, something wasn't right.

"What happened?" Rick asked.

"Were they attacked?" She asked.

"They were taken."

"Taken? By who?"

"By the same son of a bitch who shot me."

"Hey, these our are people. You tell us what happened now!" Rick said grabbing her wound.

She recoiled violently and Daryl raised his crossbow ready to shoot. "Don't you ever touch me again!" She said with venom.

"You'd better start talking."

"Yer gonna 'ave a much bigger problem than a gunshot wound."

Sabrina rolled her eyes. Yeah, threatening her is going to get us somewhere.

"Find 'em yourself."

Rick called for Daryl to stand down and lower the crossbow, which he did.

"You came here for a reason."

"There's a town." She finally spoke again. "Woodbury. About seventy-five survivors. I think they were taken there."

"A whole town?"

"It's run by this guy who calls himself the Governor-pretty boy, charming, Jim Jones type."

"And he's obviously an ass too." Sabrina mumbled.

"He got muscle?" Daryl asked.

"Paramilitary wannabes. They have armed sentries on every wall."

"You know a way in?"

"The place is secure from walkers, but we could slip our way through."

"How'd you know how to get here?" She asked with her arms crossed standing by Daryl.

"They mentioned a prison, said which direction it was in, said that it was a straight shot."

"This is Hershel, the father of the girl who was taken. And this is Sabrina, they'll be taking care of you." Rick said before leaving with Daryl close behind.

Sabrina got the first-aid kit and handed it to Hershel. "You can go back there with them. I've got this covered Sabrina."

"I'm sure if Rick sees me coming back in he'll scold me or something."

Sabrina saw Carl come in to watch over the woman. While Hershel was stitching up her leg Carl was staring at her like a hawk. It was starting to get on Trixie's nerves.

"Carl will you stop. If she wanted to harm us she would've tried it already. Besides she's helping us find Glenn and Maggie AND she brought your sister formula so she can survive. So if she wanted to hurt us, why would she be helping?" She asked looking over at Carl.

"Thank you." Sabrina heard the woman say to Hershel once he finished patching her up.

Not to long after Carl went back to the cells and most of the guys came out with bags. Everyone went outside to find that the sun was setting. Sabrina was about to go outside when Daryl came back in for some more things.

"You really need all of this stuff?"

"Ya never know when yer gonna need it."

He picked up another bag and threw it over his shoulder.

"Daryl..." She started.

He turned towards her and was surprised when she smashed her lips to his. He dropped the bag and pulled her closer by the hips. She wrapped her arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. Daryl took a risk when he swiped his tongue over her bottom lip. She gladly allowed him access and he tentatively explored her mouth. Both of them pulled away for some much needed air.

"Wha' were ya gonna say?"

"Be careful and..."

"'Nd?"

"I-I love you." She said shyly.

He didn't know what to say. He started to like her just before they went to the CDC. As time passed his feelings grew even more for her.

"Sabrina, I...I lo-love ya too." He finally said.

Sabrina knew that he meant it too. He never used her real name unless he was serious. She smiled while standing on her tip-toes and kissed him again. Someone cleared their throat, making them pull apart to see who the intruder was, Ana.

"Rick and the others are ready." She stated before walking back to the exit door.

"I better get goin'."

Sabrina smiled when she saw Daryl's cheeks turn a light rosy color. She couldn't tell if it was because he got caught or if it was because he took it a little bit further. Daryl picked the bag back up and the two of them walked out of the prison.

"Sabrina, can I talk to you for a second?"

"Sure."

Rick and her walked a few feet away from the others. "Can you keep an eye on Carl and Judith."

"Of course Rick. So the baby finally has a name besides Ass-kicker?"

"Yeah. Carl named her after his third grade teacher."

"It's a good name."

Rick smiled and hugged her. "Be careful Rick. And can you watch Daryl? Make sure he doesn't do anything to reckless."

"I will Sabrina."

"Thank you."

Rick walked to the car and got in along with Daryl. They drove off as Sabrina sighed.

Please be safe.

"Mom, are you ok?"

"Yeah. I'll be fine. Let's go finish dinner up so all of us can eat." Sabrina said putting her hand on Ana's head.

Everyone slowly went back inside. Sabrina finished cooking and made everyone's plates. The group ate in silence. Once she was finished she decided to feed Judith. She sat down on the metal folding chair in Judith's nursery and fed her. When Judith was done Sabrina burped the baby and started rocking her gently. Ten minutes later Judith was out cold so Sabrina laid her down. She went to Ana's room to see her coloring in a coloring book.

"It's almost dark sweetie."

Ana marked her page with a purple crayon and put the book on the floor.

"I hope they all come back safe."

"Me too baby. Me too." She said tucking Ana in.

"Mom? Can you stay in here while I say my prayer?"

"Sure baby."

Sabrina wasn't very religious but she believed in a higher power. She never forced Ana into believing but if Ana was going to believe, she was going to support her daughter. Sabrina bowed her head with Ana.

"Dear Lord, if you can hear me please let Maggie, Glenn, Rick and Daryl come back safely. Without them we're not a family. Me and my mom wouldn't know what to do without them. So please keep an eye on them. Amen."

"Very good sweetie." She said then kissed Ana's forehead. "I'll see you in the morning ok?"

Ana nodded then closed her eyes. Sabrina left the cell and went to hers. She laid down on her bed with a long tired sigh. She turned facing the wall with her eyes closed. She hoped that everyone would be ok.