‹ Prequel: The New World 2
Sequel: The New World 4
Status: Re-edited. Complete. Sequal up. :)

The New World 3

Ch.8

Sabrina woke up later that night feeling horrible. All through the night she tossed and turned, worrying about if Rick and the gang were ever going to come back. And when she did fall asleep, she would have nightmares that would wake her up. She got up and checked on Ana, she was still asleep, then she went down to check on Judith. When she entered she saw Carl, Carol, Axel and Beth. Beth was holding Judith while talking to Axel.

"You are good with her. You got little sisters?"

"No."

"How old are you anyway?"

"Seventeen."

"Seventeen. Interesting."

Sabrina looked at Carol and she looked at Sabrina, both of them were a little uneasy about Axel's questions. "May I speak with you?" Carol asked Axel.

"Me?"

Carol nodded her head at Axel. Sabrina gave a small smile to Carol and Carol gently put a hand on her shoulder before walking away.

"I'll be right back."

The Hell you will.

Axel got up and walked to Trixie. "Hello Sabrina."

"Hi." She said forcing a smile.

When Axel left Sabrina dropped the smile with a roll of her eyes. "You ok Beth?"

"Yeah."

"He wasn't badgering you with questions was he?"

"No. It was pretty silent in here until a couple of minutes ago."

"You want me to take her?" Carol's voice came as she stood in the doorway.

"Could you?"

Carol gently took Judith from Beth, giving her a break. Carl and Beth left the cell, leaving Carol and Sabrina alone.

"So was Axel's conversation getting to where I think it wars getting to?"

"Yeah. She's just a child herself. He even thought I was a lesbian."

"What?" She asked with a chuckle of disbelief.

"Mmm Hmm. He said because of my short hair he thought that I was one."

"Stereotype much? I knew this girl in high school, she had black hair going to her waist and she was a lesbian. She always hit on me but I politely declined."

Carol chuckled at that. "Sabrina, you look like a wreck, you should try to get some more sleep."

"I can't get to sleep. I'm worried about them. And if I do get to sleep I have nightmare that wake me up. Do you want me to help you with her?"

"No, I've got it. Now you go get some sleep, we've got another big day later."

"Alright but if you need anything, please wake me up."

"I will."

"Night Carol."

"Night Sabrina."

Sabrina walked out of the cell and up the stairs back to her room. She made it half way up when Axel called out to her. She inwardly groaned then turned around to face him.

"Before you speak Axel let me say something. You lay a finger on me or my daughter, Daryl will shove his crossbow up your ass while stomping you into the ground. If I repopulate the world, I want it to be with someone that I love. Now what were you going to say?" She said nicely.

"Nevermind."

"Alright. Goodnight Axel." She said before going to her room.

She laid on her bed and went to sleep again. Sabrina woke up gasping for breath because of another nightmare. She got out of bed again and went down the steps. When she got there she saw four new people and a dead woman.

"Who the hell are you guys?" She asked wiping her slightly sweaty forehead.

"We heard screaming and Carl went to check it out." Hershel said.

Trixie looked back at Carl who locked them in the makeshift kitchen.

"Open this door."

"This place is secure. You've got food and water." Carl said to the woman.

"Open this door." She said in a slightly threatening voice.

Sabrina went up to the locked barred door. "Listen here, we were here first and you came onto our turf. Carl here could have left you guys wherever you were. So if I were you I'd show a little bit more gratitude and you best back the hell up." She said with warning growl while glaring at the other woman.

"Back away from the door." The bigger man said standing next to the woman.

He pulled her away from the door and started talking to her. "We don't want any trouble." The guy said then led the woman away.

"At least he has a straight head." Sabrina mumbled. "You did good Carl, you're dad would be proud of you." She said patting his shoulder before walking away.

"I don't think I've ever heard you like that before." Hershel said with slight amusement.

"Hershel, you should know by now that if anyone threatens what I like to call my family, they're going to feel the wrath." She said smiling and in return Hershel chuckled. "How's Judith doing?"

"She's finally asleep. I took her from Carol since she had watch."

"I told Carol to come get me."

"She said that you needed some sleep. And sweetheart, it looks like you do. Why can't you sleep?"

"I'm worried about Rick, Daryl, Glenn and Maggie."

"We all are. Sabrina, you should know by now that they'll be fine. What else is wrong?"

"I'm having nightmares. I've never had nightmares like this before."

"You want to talk about them? Sometimes that helps."

"They're about those human eating freaks. In the dream they're tearing everyone that I care about apart."

Hershel gave her a sympathetic look to Sabrina then gave her a comforting hug.

"Now Sabrina, I want you to think of the positives that's happened so far. Think of a positive future while you try to get some sleep."

"But it's almost time for Ana to get up."

"Don't worry, I'll take care of her, along with Beth. You on the other hand needs to get at least a couple of good hours of sleep so you can function properly."

"I'll try." She said with a sigh.

She went back to her room and laid down. She started thinking about something positive before she fell asleep.

Sabrina woke up to glass breaking. She quickly got up and went to the kitchen. When she got to the doorway, she stood there watching the scene. There were three kids, they put you in the mind of stair step with their height.. The oldest was no older than six, then there was one that looked about five, and the last one was about three. The three kids were arguing over who was going to stand on the chair.

"Y'all need ta settle down b'fore ya wake momma up."

Daryl?!

The man stood up with a dust pan full of glass.

"Bu' daddy Billy won't let me get up there." The five year old girl said.

Where's Ana?

Sabrina walked into the living room and saw pictures. She saw Ana all grown up in a college graduation robe.

My baby graduated college. She thought happily.

Sabrina looked at the other pictures on top of the fireplace mantle. There was a picture of her and Daryl. She was in a beautiful wedding dress and he was in a tuxedo looking uncomfortable. Her back was resting against his chest and his hands were on her hips. She was smiling brightly while he looked slightly annoyed and had a forced smile. Sabrina chuckled to herself and looked at the other pictures. She was in a hospital bed holding a little newborn baby in a blue blanket. He had Daryl's hair color and her eyes. The next picture was Daryl with a genuine smile while swinging a blonde pigtailed girl in a baby swing while she scowled. And the last picture was Daryl in a recliner asleep with a baby sleeping in his arms. Their oldest son and their daughter were standing on the left side of the recliner while Sabrina stood on the right while she snapped the picture. She chuckled to herself then walked to the big picture window to look outside. There were kids playing outside, no walkers around. She felt hands go around her waist and a peck on her cheek.

"Mornin'."

"Morning."

She saw a squirrel run down the tree and out of their yard. Sabrina chuckled, it was like it sensed Daryl by the window and it didn't want to get shot and eaten.

"Wha's so funny?"

"Nothing."

"Ya know we 'aven't had squirrel fer such a long time."

"How long?"

"Since those damn things got taken care of seven years ago."

"That's good."

"Wha'? Not havin' squirrel. Ya know wha'? I'm gona go get some 'nd make ya eat it."

"No Daryl. Can we stick to duck, deer, cow, pig and chicken?"

"I'll think 'bout it." He said and kissed her neck softly while his grip tightened.

Her breath hitched in her throat.

"If the three liddle Dixon mini-me's weren't up I'd 'ave ya righ' now." He said then nibbled on her earlobe.

Sabrina swallowed heavily while her eyes closed. Daryl let her go when they heard crying and yelling.

"Look what you did Billy!"

"I didn't do nothin'. It was your and Faith's fault!"

"No it wasn't dumbass!"

"Georgia Ashlyn Dixon. I know I didn't jus' 'ear tha' out of yer mouth!"

Daryl and Sabrina went into the kitchen. "What happened?" She asked Billy and Georgia while picking up the three year old.

"Billy made a mess with the pancake mix. Then he pushed Natalie off the chair. I caught her though."

"William Chase Dixon, ge' ta yer room now!"

Billy's eyes welled up with tears.

"Tha' may work on yer momma bu' tha' don't work on me. Ya don't push yer sisters. Now Ge', go on." Daryl said pointing towards the hallway.

Billy hung his head and slothfully to his room. "Tha' ain't fast 'nough."

Billy picked the pace up then went into his room. Georgia started cleaning the mess up but Sabrina stopped her. "Honey, I've got it." She said before handing the three year old to Daryl.

Daryl went into the living room with Natalie and Georgia followed. Sabrina started cleaning the mess up. When she was done she walked into the living room to see Daryl sitting on the floor letting Georgia play with his shaggy hair while Riley handed him a Barbie doll.

"Daddy. Momma, I'm sorry."

Sabrina and Daryl looked to the hallway to see Billy standing there. Ya realize tha' yer no' huntin' now, righ'?"

"But daddy-"

"Tha's yer punishment fer pushin' yer sister."

"You could've hurt her bad Billy. You don't push people off of things, you know better. Now Billy go say sorry to your sisters and mean it."

He went to them and hugged them. Sabrina stood there watching him hug his sisters then Daryl. Daryl hugged him with one arm while he took his other sliding Georgia over his shoulder and Natalie climbed on Daryl's lap. Sabrina quickly grabbed her camera and took a picture of them. She loved seeing her family happy and she wanted to remember it forever.