Status: Active

Fear Me, Dear

The Truth Never Set Me Free

"News coming in that another murder has been reported in the Weybridge area. Seventeen year old Suzie Pax, a student at a local college, was found dead earlier today in an alleyway. The police believe that she was walking alone before being attacked and stabbed several times. The police have said that due to the word 'bother' that was carved into her chest, suggests that she was murdered by the same person guilty of the last three murders in the area..."

That name seems to ring a bell. Turning my head to look at the television and away from my phone, I look at the photo on the screen. A girl with light blonde hair tied into a messy ponytail stares back at me. Her skin is slightly tanned, and her eyes are a pale blue. The face seems familiar, but for the life of me I cannot remember where I've seen or heard of her before. Shrugging my shoulders ever so slightly, I turn my attention back to my phone as I continue to check my instagram. It isn't until I hear Max's sudden exclamation no less than a minute later that I turn away from my phone again.

"Holy shit, that's the girl in our music class!" Max shouts from where he’s sat on the floor, shaking Matt's shoulder who is sat beside him.

"Oh shit it is. Chris, Dan, you two remember Suzie, right?"

"Oh yeah..." Chris mumbles from where he’s sat in the single chair staring at the television for a moment, before going back to fixing his skateboard, securing new wheels to it.

"Holy crap, I did a project with her once. A really nice girl as well, such a shame." Came Dan's voice from beside me, a look of sadness and loss showing on his face.

"She might have been in my film studies class, or am I thinking of Suzie Patton?"

"You're thinking of Suzie Patton, Josh. This Suzie didn't do film studies." Dan sighs.

"Oh..." I mumble. I try to start up a new topic conversation, and we all chat but it is only half hearted and not even a minute passes before we all just fall into silence.

No one spoke after that, and our small attempt of a conversation lay in ruins in the awkward silence that filled the room. The only sounds that could be heard were the monotone voices of the news presenters, the spinning of the wheels on Chris' skateboard, and the tapping of fingers on phones which was mainly me. The silence continues to drag, and it gets to the point where I have to leave the room just to be anywhere that didn't have an awkward and fragile atmosphere that could be made worse by just a small noise. As I get up to go to the kitchen, no one so much as spares me a glance as I leave. Upon entering the kitchen, I let out a sigh, relieved that I can get away from the cripplingly awkward atmosphere that surrounded the five of us.

Placing my phone in the pocket of my jeans, I browse through the cupboards to find something to eat that doesn’t require me doing any sort of cooking. Unfortunately, today seems to be one of those days where there is just nothing I want to eat. Despite the cupboards being full almost to the brim, nothing catches my eye. Packet of crisps? No. Chocolate bar? No, we've run out of my favourite type. I didn't notice anyone walk in, so it's no surprise that I jump a mile in the air when Matt speaks suddenly, as if from nowhere.

"Can't find anything?"

"Not anything I want, no."

"You know what that means..." Matt says as he tries to suppress a grin.

"KFC?"

"KFC!" He shouts in glee as he grins and throws his arms above his head. "Come on, let's get KFC!"

"Did someone just mention chicken?!" Max shouts from the living room just seconds before he stumbles into the kitchen, almost falling over and taking Matt down with him in the process. Thankfully, Dan is following close behind and pulls Max back by the hood of his jumper.

"Yes, and we are going to KFC whether you guys like it or not." Matt declares, turning on his heel and hurriedly striding out of the kitchen. Chris walks in just after he left.

"I don't know what you're talking about, but by the look on Matt's face I'm assuming we're all going on a trip to KFC." He simply says, before going after Matt, but not without grabbing his fixed skateboard first. Max runs off after them and Dan follows, leaving me in the kitchen alone. I don't want to cook any food, let alone go outside and walk to get it. Chicken doesn't sound like a bad idea though, and my stomach seems to agree as it lets out a quiet rumble. Sighing yet again, I follow after the other four.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, yay ^-^
I promise things will get more interesting, this is just an introduction really

Title cred: 'Careful' - Paramore