Status: Active

Fear Me, Dear

I Love It That You're So Creepy

All lessons are cancelled today at college, something about giving us all time to ourselves after the tragedy that was Suzie's murder. A sensible decision really, as from what I know about Suzie there wasn't a single person that disliked her (to my knowledge, anyway) and she had quite the number of friends. These people are most likely going to need some time after the incident. Plus, I have no lessons. Over all, a rather good idea.

Max spoke to his friend over the phone yesterday as soon as he told me he would give them call. Thankfully, they said that they will talk to me today and they don't live too far away which is always a bonus, because less exercise. I still have no idea about who this person is or what they're like. I don't even know if they're a boy or a girl. All I know is that they go to the same college as us and is in the same year, that they might be able to help me, where they live, and that they are creepy. Supposedly they're really nice though, so I guess it's just a matter of meeting this person now.

Now I am at the point of no return. Reaching the small house, I hesitantly knock on the door. On one hand I hope no one is home because I have a feeling it will just be awkward, but on the other hand I really want to get some answers to my questions and if this person can supply me with bricks to build the stairs to an answer then so be it. Besides, it's a nice enough looking house. Although small, the mini front garden is well kept and the door knocker is unusual but pretty cool at the same time. The what I assume to be bronze door knocker is intricately carved, with various symbols etched into the swirling metal. It just so happens that at the moment I get lost in thought, the front door opens. A little startled, I jump slightly and almost fall backwards off of the front step. Once I regain my composure, I take in the appearance of the person before me. He is quite tall, but a tad shorter than me. His hair is short curly black mess sat on top of his head. This must be the guy Max said I should talk to. He doesn't look creepy...

"You must be Josh, right?" He asks.

"Um, yeah. My friend Max called."

"Cool, Hannah is just upstairs." He tells me, stepping back and opening the door wider. Oh, so this isn't who Max was talking about.

"Okay, thanks." I mumble as I take a step into the house.

"Oh, and I'm Jordan." The guy, Jordan, tells me before I can take another step. He holds out a hand, and I hesitantly shake it.

"I'm Josh."

"Yes, I already know that."

He chuckles, and I feel my cheeks heat up as they turn bright red (I assume so, anyway). This is why I tend to avoid social situations on my own, especially when strangers are involved because I always make an arse of myself. I mutter a quick apology before jogging up the stairs. Once I reach the landing, I notice that all the doors are open and that they are all empty of people. Then I notice the one room at the end of the hall which has the door closed. Slowly, I make make my way towards it and lightly knock on the door. Within seconds the door is swung open and someone jumps in the doorway. I jump slightly at the sudden movements. Standing before me is a girl with a nose piercing who is rather short. Shoulder length black hair frames her pixie-like face, a full fringe hanging above a set of large chocolate brown eyes. She is wearing a black turtleneck dress with no sleeves which hugs her small frame, and I notice her lack of shoes. One of her arms is covered in black tattoos, and it looks like her over arm will soon be the same. Her legs have random tattoos as well, and I find it amazing that she has so many tattoos.

"Hello Joshua, Max told me you would be coming around today. Come in!" She tells me rather excitedly, literally skipping across her room and jumping onto her bed so she is sat cross legged. Unsure of what to do, I walk inside and stand awkwardly by the door. Looking around the room, I can see what Max meant when he said she was slightly creepy. The walls of the room are painted black, the window is covered in a thick black curtain and the only light in the room is produced by various red candles dotted around the room. It is very tidy as well, a little too tidy.

"So Joshua, Max tells me that you wanted to ask me some questions." Hannah says, resting her head on her hands and watching me with her head tilted slightly to the side.

"Um...I know this sounds weird, but I really want to figure out what goes through the mind of whoever is going around killing people at the moment. Max says that you might be able to help." As I tell her this, I realise how weird and stupid it all sounds. My doubts vanish within seconds though, as I watch Hannah's eyes light up. Suddenly she jumps up from her bed and skips over to her desk, opening a draw and rummaging through it.

"I thought I was the only one interested in all of this!" She all but squeals in glee. "I think I have something you will be interested in!"

"Really?" I ask with a grin, excited at the thought of finally finding out more information about the recent murders.

"Yes! I have pictures of the bodies!"

"Oh..." My grin falters slightly as I watch Hannah, slightly confused. "How exactly do you have pictures of the bodies?"

"I usually go out walking at night, and I tend to go through alleyways and stuff. It's usually safe, as no one else ever seems to walk down them. On four of my walks I discovered the bodies. I always have my camera with me, so I took some photos. I find stuff like that interesting, and you can begin to understand a murderer by looking at the bodies of their victims. It just seems generally cool as well. Anyway, I took some pictures and called the police to report the bodies, but I leave before the police arrive. I don't want them thinking that I'm a murderer."

Giggling, she seems oblivious to me looking at her with wide eyes and my mouth hanging open. Okay, this girl is slightly crazy and very creepy.

"Haha! Here it is!" She shouts, pulling a large golden yellow envelope from the drawer of her desk she was looking for. She twirls around to face me with a smile, and holds out the envelope. Slowly, I reach out my hand to take it and I hold the envelope in both hands, flipping it over again and again.

"Thank you, I know you don't know me or anything but I'm really grateful."

"Nonsense, a friend of Max is a friend of mine." Hannah grins at me, and I can't help but smile back.

"Oh, I think I have something to do with the murder's if you're interested."

"That would be awesome! Do you have it with you?" Her eyes light up again and she jumps up and down, clapping her hands like a small child who is receiving a present.

"Yeah." Reaching into the pocket of my hoodie, I pull out the note I found yesterday and hand it to Hannah. "I found it yesterday in the alley where Suzie was killed, what do you think of it?"

Hannah stares intently at the note, looking as if she is in awe. She carefully brushes her tattooed fingers across it, tracing the scruffy writing. Neither of us make a sound for a few moments. Then Hannah breaks the silence.

"To me, it seems highly likely that this did indeed fall from the pocket of the murderer." I nod, this just seems to confirm my suspicions from yesterday. "Quick, what's the date today?" She questions, looking up at me from the note.

"Thirteenth of May."

"I assume that this note means that the murderer, or a possible third party, what the number of victims to reach five by tomorrow. It's probably from a third party, meaning that there will be consequences for the killer if he doesn't reach this 'goal' if you could call it that."

"That would make sense..." I mumble.

"Would you like this back?" She asks, holding the note out for me.

"No it's fine. I'll just take a quick picture of it then you can keep it."

"Really?!"

"Yes really." I chuckle, and Hannah jumps up and wraps her arms around my torso.

"Thank you!"

"Don't worry about it, and I'll have these photos back to you in a couple of days."

"Awesome! I guess I'll see you at college tomorrow then."

With a nod, I pull out my phone and take a quick photo of the note. Giving Hannah another hug, I turn and walk out of her room and towards the front door. Shouting goodbye to Jordan, I leave the small house and begin the walk home with the envelope tucked securely under my arm. The light of day is almost blinding after standing in Hannah's dark room, but thankfully my eyes soon adjust.

Hannah may be creepy and rather weird, but I have a feeling we're going to be good friends.

Plus, her being creepy is rather helpful right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay new part!
Things are getting interesting, yay!
I hope you guys are liking this so far, comment to let me know what you think ^-^
Thank you to people who have subscribed
Thank you to people who have recommended
And thank you to Kristier for the comment

Title cred: You're So Creepy - Ghost Town