Sequel: Like a Damaged Nerve

The Sailor and the Hawk

Who Has a Cannon?

“Aw, they’re cuuuute,” Jon cooed as he peeked around the corner of the kitchen to spy on the two in the living room.

“But not as cute as us,” I countered and tugged on his belt so he would come closer.

“Of course not, babe,” he snickered and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in for an embrace so he could plant a tender kiss to the top of my head.

Once we parted, Katie came into the kitchen as well with Patrick close behind. She looked… different. But it was a good different. There was this little glint in her eyes. When she smiled, it seemed… genuine too. This was… new! I wouldn’t mind seeing more of this.

“I think I should leave on that note…” she giggled and looked back at Patrick who had composed himself from what Katie had thrown down on him.

“You can see him tomorrow,” Jon countered.

“We have a game tomorrow,” Patrick replied in a duh tone.

“She can come to the game,” Jon matched his previous tone.

“I got a jersey for her to wear and everything!” I got excited for this.

“I don’t want a Toews jersey,” she made a face and stuck her tongue out to gage, causing Jon to send her a playful, sideways look.

“Who said I only have a Toews jersey?” I raised my brow at her.

“… Who else do you have?” Jon was the first to question.

“No one…”

“I bet it’s Kaner!” Katie giggled.

To give her a response, I nodded my head while trying to contain my smile and I thought Patrick was going to collapse to the floor in a fit of laughter. Leaving everyone, I hurried off to the bedroom and dipped into the closet. I shuffled through the rack until I found the red jersey that I had been looking for. Once I rounded the corner to join everyone again, Jon saw the 88 on it and narrowed his gaze towards me.

“I feel so betrayed right now,” he tried so hard to fight off his smile.

“I am speechless,” Patrick replied with the biggest grin on his face.

“That is like the biggest jersey foul I have ever seen in my life,” Jon added as I handed it to Katie. “Why do you even have that?!”

“In case you pissed me off…” I snickered.

“But… Kaner? Out of the whole team?”

“Even your girl’s after me, man,” Patrick boasted.

“Better woo her somehow tonight, Jonny boy,” Katie taunted and patted his shoulder as she passed him.

He grumbled something inaudible. It made everyone share a laugh while I walked Katie and Patrick to the door. She did agree to go to the game with me tomorrow… in her Kane jersey and I would throw my Toews one on to make the man happy.

After giving them their goodbyes, I felt Jon’s arms wrapped around my middle from behind. He threw me over his shoulder and walked right back into the living room with me squealing the whole way there. He didn’t stop until he fell onto the couch. He was on his back and I managed to move around until I could straddle his waist.

“You’re in trouble,” he spoke as I laced my fingers with his.

“No…” I countered and reached down to peck at his lips.

“Better wear my jersey tomorrow,” he muttered as we parted.

“I hope Katie’s ok at the game,” I sighed, even though I was enjoying this cute little moment we were sharing.

“She’ll be fine. It’ll be a fun night,” he rubbed his large hand over my thigh.

“At least you guys don’t have a cannon,” I mumbled more to myself than him. That definitely couldn’t be good for someone in her situation.

“… Who has a cannon?” his forehead knitted as he asked me.

“The Blue Jackets… They have a goal cannon,” I answered.

“How do you… know that?” he pressed on.

“I… like the Blue Jackets…” I informed him.

He stared back at me; the look on his face reading pure disbelief. Maybe I shouldn’t have… said that. Eventually, he blinked his lids together and his jaw clinched for a few seconds before he finally spoke.

“First, I find out you’ve been hiding Kaner’s jersey from me and now you tell me you like a completely different team… that I don’t play for!” he crossed his arms.

“Aw, but I love you and the Blackhawks,” I cooed.

“Well, we don’t feel very loved right now,” he muttered and made a playful angry face.

Everything about his expression made me giggle. I reached down and left a few kisses on random parts of his face. It earned me a chuckle. He seemed to loosen up a bit more after this; not that I thought he was actually angry to begin with.

The bottom line was I wasn’t really worried about Katie too much tomorrow. Sure there’s going to be a lot of people around, but maybe it’ll do her some good to get out and ease her way back into civilian life… and she can do so by cheering on the Blackhawks to a win tomorrow night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jonny makes me feel dirty because I love the Blue Jackets hahaha