Sequel: Like a Damaged Nerve

The Sailor and the Hawk

You're Going to Get Pregnant and Die!

Before practice got started, I got Katie’s text. I was a little upset that it took this long for her to reach out to me. But she’s my sister. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for her no matter what she’s done.

Once practice was over, I started making my way towards the locker room. I expected Jonny to still be in there when I made it. However, as I walked past the trainers’ room, I saw him sitting on a table. His jersey and pads were long gone; only his snug athletic shirt was on his torso. He was getting his wrist looked at… by Katie.

“What happened?” I asked as I walked in.

“Took a shot to the wrist,” he muttered as he winced a bit once Katie touched it.

“Aw,” I cooed and rubbed at his back.

“He’s ok. Just a big baby,” Katie teased and put a bag of ice on it.

“I know,” I giggled, making him send me a playful glare. “Go get changed, big baby,” I added.

He huffed teasingly and slid off of the table. As he trotted away, silence fell over Katie and I. I chanced it and glanced over at her to see her looking back at me. My smile cracked across my lips before I reached out and pulled her in for a much needed tight hug.

“You scared the hell out of me,” I told her while I still held her snuggly.

“I’m sorry,” she spoke softly and slowly let go of me.

“Are you ok though? Honestly?” I asked her.

“Yeah,” she told me… and I believed her.

“And if you’re ever not ok again, you’ll tell me…”

“Yes, Ky… I promise,” she giggled while a gloss came over her eyes.

Before anything else could happen, I reached out and hugged her once again. She held onto me tighter than she did last time. I felt so happy in this moment. I had my sister back!

While she tidied up the room, she told me all about what’s been going on with her. I was so happy that she retired… and even happier that she’s gotten involved with the Blackhawks organization. My man and my sister work for them! How awesome?

“Anything new with you and Kaner?” I had to ask.

“I haven’t really talked to him besides today,” she shrugged.

“Poor guy…” I taunted.

“What about Tazer? Poor guy!” she changed tones.

“He’s fine. He takes pucks everywhere all the time,” I waved it off.

“No… I talked to him about you guys before practice and he’s not feeling very confidant in that area,” she explained to me.

“We’re fine,” I wrinkled my brow.

“Not by Mr. Toews’ explanation…” she gave me a playful expression, “He’s worried about the wedding now.”

“I’m not worried about the wedding,” I waved it off, “I want babies.”

After I spoke, she nearly chocked on the water bottle that she had just taken a sip of. “What?” she looked at me with wide eyes.

“Babies!” I repeated.

“You… always said you… never wanted kids,” she looked at me oddly while stepping closer.

“I know, but at dinner last night, Sharpie brought it up and… We would have some damn cute babies!”

“We are having this conversation right now…” she laughed yet again.

“I haven’t talked to him about it, but…” I trailed off.

“Sure that should go over well,” she snickered.

“It will…” I was trying to convince myself.

“Are you… pregnant?”

“No… well at least I don’t think…” I countered.

“What?!”

“I mean… we… do things, but…”

“Protection. Right. We don’t need to get into this…” she cut me off.

“No, but…”

“KYLEE!” she shot at me.

“We’re engaged! It doesn’t matter!” I shot right back.

She tried to contain her laughter as she shook her head rubbed one of her hands over her face.

“You’re going to get pregnant and die!” was her comeback.

“No, I’m not!” I laughed at her remark.

She shook her head once more and gave me a teasing shove out the door to get me going. As I started walking, she told me that she’d call me later… if I promised to talk to Jon about the wedding. I always talk to Jon! If he listens or talks back to me is a totally different thing. None of that mattered right now though. I had my sister back and I’d be damned if I let her get away like that again.
♠ ♠ ♠
My man crush Monday was Boone Jenner because I couldn't find a good enough picture of Jonny boy... lol

Comment??