Sequel: Like a Damaged Nerve

The Sailor and the Hawk

Big, Poor Baby

“Baby love!” I said in a sing songy voice as Patrick walked through the door. I had been spending more time at his apartment the past few months than my own, to be honest. Kylee practically died every time I had new details about our relationship.

“Beautiful girlfriend!” Patrick sang back, smiling over at me as he dropped off his bag and walked over to me, smiling more when he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me.

“How was practice?” I asked, playing with the zipper on his hoodie. It was getting warmer out, although with the windy city, it was still a little brisk in the mornings. It was April, only a couple weeks until Kylee and Jon tied the knot and of course, the conclusion of playoffs. Ky and I hoped both went well.

“Pretty good, everyone was on the same page. Coach didn’t have to yell at us as much as usual. I missed seeing you on the bench though.” He said with a pout. I had taken some time off to help my sister with the final pieces to her wedding, meaning I stayed home while Patrick practiced.

“Oh, you big, poor baby.” I teased, pinching his cheek and making him whine more. I laughed and started walking away, only to have him run after me, picking me up from behind and then bringing me into the bedroom and throwing me on the bed. “Pat, no! I have plans!”

“But baaaaabe!” He whined, kissing my neck and laying on my back, squishing me against the mattress. He was so needy sometimes. “You’re always with your sister! I think I deserve a little alone time with my girlfriend.”

“Yes but not right now!” I said, laughing as he started tickling my sides, making me squirm around. He got me on my back and smiled down at me, moving some hair out of my face.

“You’re beautiful.” He said, sighing a little bit as he looked in my eyes. He always told me, it had become a daily thing for him. He started when I had a panic attack over some scars on my body but it slowly became a habit for him. Not that I ever minded, even when the scars have faded to barely there ghosts of a war, he still liked to remind me. I smiled back up at him and kissed him softly, running a hand through his curly hair.

“Okay…I have to go now…” I said, sitting up a little, making him move as well. “I’ll be back later.” I went into the closet, digging for some shoes to wear. Ky had mentioned shopping for dresses for the rehearsal dinner so heels were probably a good idea.

“Hey…” He said, wrapping his arms around me from behind and slipping something in my pocket. “Buy something nice.” I shook my head at him, knowing it was one of his credit cards. He loved spoiling me, even though I made plenty of money for myself between working for the Hawks and then drill once a month.

“I’ll see you later.” I said, slipping on my heels and turning to face him, smiling and kissing him again, leaning against him. I could feel him smile against my lips and then pulled away, smacking my ass as I started walking away.

“Bye babe!” He called after me, an obvious cheeky grin in his voice. I laughed to myself and shook my head, grabbing my keys and purse on my way out. I sent a quick text to Ky, telling her I was on my way over to hers and Jon’s apartment. I had insisted on picking her up, making a little less stress on her.

I had been spending so much time with her lately and it was great, finally bonding with her again. I had been gone for so long and even when I came home, I wasn’t really all there. It was nice being sisters again. But there was one thing I just couldn’t bring myself to tell her or Patrick. My unit was up for deployment again, which meant I could be leaving again at a moments notice. Not something you want to tell your sister right before her wedding and yet…I had to, somehow.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the abscence
I got so busy with my new job and lots has been going on for myself and Kylee too!
Forgive us?

Katie