Sequel: Like a Damaged Nerve

The Sailor and the Hawk

He Better Not...

“Oh my god,” I complained and put my head in my hands… as the game went into overtime. Of course it would go into overtime. Game seven of the final. It just has to.

I sat back in my chair and let out a heavy sigh. Playoffs are stressful. I can’t handle this. Laughter came from the seat next to me. I ignored it… knowing that Jonny’s brother was, at times, more entertained from my reaction than the game playing out in front of us.

Jonathan had arranged to have a suite for his family throughout the home games of the final. I took a seat at the end. David sat next to me. Not much chatter went on during this intermission. I just wanted this damn game to be over and I think everyone else did too. It’s been such a long series.

Once the OT was underway, it was back and forth between the two teams. There were a few close calls… and a shot from Jonny that everyone in the arena thought for sure would end the game.

There were only a handful of minutes left in the OT. They were deep in the Blackhawks end. Jonny put his stick in a lane though. The puck bounced off of it and out of the zone. He quickly skated it after it and Kaner as a defensemen skated between the two. Jonny took the shot and it bounced off the pads of the goalie. The rebound came to Patrick and he flipped it up… right past the goaltender.

The building erupted. Everyone was on their feet… and Jonny had tackled Patrick to the ice. As the team began to flood the ice, I followed his family down to share this amazing moment with Jonny and the rest of the team.

Once we were on the lower level, I saw Katie still standing at the bench. She had a huge smile on her face while all the boys went around, sharing hugs and congratulations. While Jonny’s family stepped out onto the ice to find him, I pulled my sister in for a hug.

“Congratulations!” I told her, squeezing her tightly.

“I didn’t do anything,” she giggled.

“You healed up all the bumps and bruises!” I answered.

She just laughed once more… and I pulled her onto the ice with me. While I was on my search for Jonny, Patrick spotted us and scooped Katie right off of her feet.

“Where’s my girl?!” I hear to my left. I glance over and see Jon letting go of his mom. His eyes scanned towards me and they sparkled so brightly. He skated over and wrapped his arms around me tightly.

“You did it!” I beamed with my arms wrapping loosely around his neck… this is why heels were essential tonight. He’s so much taller on his skates.

“Hell yes!” he exclaimed

Unable to hold back anymore, I grabbed his horribly bearded face and pressed my lips against his. He accepted, trying to pull me in even closer.

“I’m so proud of you,” I said once we parted.

“Proud of us,” he smiled down at me and then kissed my forehead.

Before we could stay wrapped up in this moment, Patrick came over, guiding Katie along. “Jonny!” he shouted.

Jonny went on to remove his arm from me to pull his friend in for a hug. Of course they shared a moment and quickly chatted about the last play that won it all. Patrick and Katie kept it moving though, leaving Jon to come back to me.

“I told Patrick if we won that… he should propose to Katie,” he told me.

“… You what?” I was stunned by his words… and hoped that I heard him wrong.

“Who would top that proposal?” his grin grew.

“He better not…” I narrowed my gaze towards him.

“He doesn’t even have a ring. Don’t worry,” he laughed at my reaction.

“Lets get through our wedding before we plan a Kane one…” I found myself giggling now.

“Next week!” he grinned, referring to our big day.

It was only just a few days away now. I was happy that the playoffs were over… and it was the result that everyone wanted. Now, we get through the parties that are about to ensue and then Jonny and I will finally have our wedding… then make babies.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D

Ky