Sequel: Like a Damaged Nerve

The Sailor and the Hawk

Buckled Under the Pressure

“Oh, my God,” I gasped when I walked into the bathroom and saw Jonny standing in front of the sink.

“What?” he quickly countered as if my sudden outburst had startled him.

“It’s gone!” I nearly cheered.

He rolled his eyes as I stepped closer to him… and let my hands feel over his smooth jaw. His gaze narrowed towards me, but it only made me smile. With both of my hands cupping each of his soft cheeks, I pulled him in so that we could share a quick kiss.

“So much better!” I said once we parted.

“Hate on it so much,” he muttered, referring to his beard.

“I don’t mind a little scruff, but…” I trailed off, shrugging.

“I should have left it for the wedding…” he smirked then.

“And I would have left you at the altar,” I muttered.

“After all we’ve been through, you would do that?” he seemed stunned.

“… Do you want to test me?” I raised a brow at him.

“… No,” he answered.

As my smile grew, I leaned back in to peck at his lips once more. When we parted this time, he brought his hand around to gently smack at my backside. I squealed slightly from the surprise, making him chuckle.

“Since you shaved, I’ll let you get away with that…” I managed to recover with.

“Mhmm,” he hummed, pulling me in closer with that same hand until our lips came together once more.

From the start, I knew this was going to quickly turn into something that we, for sure, had no time for. My hands came up and pushed at his firm chest, bringing a groan out of him as we separated.

“Babe,” he complained and tried to hold onto me.

“I need to get ready!” I tried to hold in my laughter.

“But I need you,” he whined this time, nuzzling his nose into the bend of my neck. His neediness made me laugh this time.

In attempts to conserve his energy throughout the stretch of the playoffs, we keep our hands to ourselves until they’re over. Obviously last night was a complete wash in our intoxicated states, but… we don’t have time right now!

“Control yourself, Jonathan,” I taunted and managed to work my way out of his arms. He huffed loudly and grumbled some things on his way out.

I was excited for dinner though. We haven’t done the double date thing with Katie and Patrick in a while. They used to be a weekly thing before the intensity of the playoffs came over everyone. Now that things are kind of back to normal, we can do these things again.

Once I had gone through my makeup routine, I pulled my dress on and excited the bathroom to slip my shoes on. I already knew we were running late… and I was trying so hard not to freak out. I was trying to do a lot better with my lateness, but obviously it’s not working tonight!

“Jonny, are you ready?” I shouted since he wasn’t anywhere to be seen.

“Yeah,” he said quietly and appeared in the doorway from the bedroom… buttoning up his shirt. He was not ready. He didn’t even have shoes on!

I gave a displeased expression. In reply, he did his best to flash off an innocent grin. He’s so cute sometimes… But then… I realized that his buttons were uneven.

“Really?” I sighed and stepped towards him to begin the process of undoing what he had done.

“... I buckled under the pressure,” he whined playfully.

“Is Kaner going to do this for you on our wedding day?” I had to taunt while my fingers worked to re-button it… in the right order.

“… Maybe,” he played along.

I rolled my eyes, but still reached up to kiss him quickly once I was finished. After this, I hurried him along to throw on a jacket and get his shoes on. Katie was already texting me and telling me that we better not be late… and I told her we were already on our way, which we obviously weren’t… It’ll be ok though. It’s just dinner… I wouldn’t be the first time I was late for something…
♠ ♠ ♠
Katie yelled at me for staring at Jonny instead of writing... hahaha