Sequel: Like a Damaged Nerve

The Sailor and the Hawk

Loves Her

Over the next few days, I got pretty busy. I wasn’t able to see Katie or talk to her like I wanted to. I managed to send her a few texts though! They were simple. The ‘how are you’, ‘miss you’ type of messages. She never told me about how things went with Kaner however… Jon didn’t even know anything about it. It’s like this big secret that no one’s sharing with me!

I was going through the last of my residency. In just a few months I would be finishing that up, which I thought would never end! I had to prep myself for the board exam I had to take once that was through. Just thinking about it made me want to slam my head against the table. It was so much to go over and I felt like I didn’t have enough time. This has been the reason for me being busy.

Jon hasn’t completely grasped this concept though. I tell him I need to be left alone… And he won’t leave me alone! It would be a completely different story if he were helping me in some way. But he isn’t! He’s distracting and that’s the last thing I need right now!

"God, put a shirt on!" I groaned once Jon came into the living room where I had spread all of my books out on the floor. Night had fallen, meaning our bedtime was soon to follow… And it also meant Jon was flashing off his bare hunky frame around when I didn’t need to be staring at it.

“No,” he put on a smirk and came over and sat right next to me on the floor.

“Jonny,” I groaned and leaned over to put my head on his shoulder so that I couldn’t see him.

“I’m here to help!” he said in an overly cheery tone.

“You can help by putting a shirt on,” was my reply.

“But I’m comfy…” was his innocent response.

“Shouldn’t you be in bed?! You’re leaving in the morning,” I bickered, knowing there was an away game in the Blackhawks schedule.

“What are you going to do while I’m gone?” he changed subjects. The look that took over his face told me he did it on purpose. This is why I can’t do any kind of studying hasn’t gone on with him around!

“This!” I didn’t mean to, but it came out in an annoyed tone.

“Aw, someone’s cranky…” he taunted

“I’m stressed,” I huffed and fell forward onto the coffee table.

“You got this. Don’t worry about it,” he rubbed at my back gingerly.

“Not this,” I confessed and sat back up.

“Your sister?” he caught on. I nodded my head and leaned back against him.

“I was going to have a girl’s night while you were gone to see how she’s doing after a few more days to herself,” I told him.

“Going to do the psych test on her?” he chuckled.

“… No,” I muttered, trying to fight off a smile. “Maybe I’ll get something out of her about Patrick too.”

“Still haven’t gotten anything?”

“NO!” I complained.

“I bet they’re in love…” he kept going. I sent him a sideways glare to let him know that I didn’t like that little comment.

“Has he told you anything?” I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms.

“Yep… Loves her,” he leaned back against the couch and crossed his arms.

“You little liar,” I giggled.

He chuckled so cutely and reached over, pulling me onto his lap with ease. Each of my legs fell on either side of him while my head came to a rest against his bare shoulder. His lips puckered out to plant a few soft kisses on any spot of my neck that he could reach.

“I like this distraction a lot more,” I put my hand on his chest and lifted my head to hold his dark gaze.

“I like it a lot more when you’re not mad at me for distracting you,” he snickered while his hands cradled around my lower back now.

“Why don’t you distract me a little more before you leave?” I suggested and let my index finger trace around his strong jawline.

“Really?” he raised an eyebrow at me while a playful smirk took over his face.

“Mhmm,” I hummed and began to kiss along the trail that my finger had traced previously.

If he wasn’t convinced before, that put him over the edge. He scrambled to his feet and scurried down the hall and dipped into our bedroom. I was going to miss him while he was gone… and I was going to be sure to let him know that tonight. But it’s just for one game. And while he’s gone, I can see more of my sister… and get the low down on what’s been going on with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote half of this at 4AM... I hope I proofed it enough so it makes sense... lol

Comment??