Sequel: Dry Ice

Remember Me

There are two sides to a story

We had checked out multiple stores, and I'd found a few shirts and things besides the dress I was supposed to be looking for but got sidetracked from.
But Ollie insisted on a lunch break then we'd try some of the shops on the boardwalk. I'd agreed, mindlessly really. Because the story Ollie told me disturbed me actually. It made me realize why Billie had been so hostile towards me when we first met. He was just plain out scared out of his wits to trust another human being again. I can't say I blame him for it though.

We walked up the sidewalk that me and Billie had on a few occasions back towards the car. When the small store caught my eye. Mostly because Billie had pointed it out to me yesterday morning during his obsessive needs for more records and CD's.
The blue dress that he had declared to be the same color as Blue. It was actually very pretty. Now that j was actually looking up at it. Ollie stopped a few feet ahead of me and glanced in my direction of interest. And she obviously found love within the dress. Because she squealed and without another word, yanked my wrist in the front door of the shop to try it on. Oddly, I actually wanted to try on this dress. Versus the many others I'd done that morning while filtering a sigh between clenched teeth while I stood in the middle of the freezing air conditioned stores in skimpy dresses. This was actually looked warm. But if I was actually being honest with myself right now, I wanted to try it on because Billie had complimented it yesterday.
And that... That was very very stupid of me.

I was ushered into a dressing room and the second I turned to face Ollie, she pitched the dress into my face and demanded I try it on. I grumbled as I pulled my t-shirt over my head and picked up the dress. Examining it to get a better idea of how it even went on. And once that was sorted out, I pulled it over my head and adjusted it and turned around to look at my reflection in the mirror. It was strapless, silvery blue and long. It covered my feet and looked like one of those dresses that you could spin around in and the skirt would flair. There were sequins around the waistband and across the top. It draped quite nicely.
I just sort of stood there... Gawking at my reflection in the mirror. Until Ollie tapped on the door asking if I was alright. I stuttered and pulled myself out of my stare factor and fumbled with the lock on the stall and stumbled awkwardly outside.

I would be horribly mistaken to believe that I wouldn't hear Ollie squeal any louder than she had all morning. Because she covered her mouth with her hands to mask them. She bounced on the balls of her feet like a little girl. She looked so happy, and in that moment, I suppose I probably was too. I knew this was it. This was the one.

Ollie instructed me to walk in it to see if it was comfortable, of course it was. It was so comfy that I could wear this daily. Actually more free feeling than my actual t-shirt and jeans. I loved it already and was Actually looking forward to the dance. Of course I had been already... But now, I felt like running all the way home to show Billie my dress. But I'd have to keep control over myself until the end of the week. Which was the first week of September. And with that one thought, all the memories of Ollie's story came back in with a big war whoop.

I went and changed into my normal clothes again, looking sadly at the dress, oddly wishing I could wear it forever. It was kind of princess like. And after Tré's Disney obsession, I'd found a liking for princess stuff.
I draped it over my arm and walked out of the stall again so we could pay for it.

Afterwards, we went out to the car and left the bag there, then we crossed the street to a restaurant on the boardwalk. Inside the ceilings were high, finished with drift wood trim. There were fish nets and ship wheels hanging on the walls and a few ring booths lining the walls. The oceany decor was actually very exhilarating considering we were only a couple yards away from the actual ocean.
A waitress led us to our table and took our orders for drinks. After she left, I was gawking upwards, where there were skylights letting in a warm, yellow stream of light. My thoughts drifted to where Billie and the others were at this moment. Ollie had said they were with Larry Livermore. Whom had been at Kim and Allison's birthday party, had offered them some sort of musical deal. At the thought of it, I in consciously crossed my fingers under the table for their sake.

Billie's POV

The smoke came endlessly from the tip of my cigarette while I looks down at it. Between my fingers dangling between my knees. We had already found a liking to Larry. However he seemed like the kind of person who can easily get on someones nerves and the kind whose is easy to get on. Mike was talking animatedly with him about where he'd like to see this band in twenty years.

Twenty years?...

I never even really considered a future for this band. Of course I love the feeling of preforming live like a drug. But I don't see how far songs about having a tough childhood is going to get you. Plus I had more thoughts on my mind today. Today is the first day of September 1987. It's been seven years since my dad died. I'm 17 now, free to move out next year, or allow me to rephrase, in five months. However me and my mom had grown apart a lot during those seven years. But oddly, the second Adeline came in. Into Rods Hickory Pit really, she changed her, changed me.me and  my mom have never been closer actually. But I wonder how long that will last...

“Bill, what d'you think?” Mike asked me.

“Hmm? I'm sorry what?” I asked, torn from my thoughts. Seriously though, maybe Adeline was all it took to change the life I'd come to know.

Adeline's POV

I and Ollie finished lunch and did some more minor shopping up Main Street. She told me a few more stories. I laughed until my sides hurt and was glad for this odd slightly mother daughter 'bonding time' 
I'd been needing some company other then Billie's or Mike's or Tré's. But some more heavy thoughts were on my shoulders as we walked up the concrete while the sun was starting to set, it amazes me how quickly the day had ended.

Jason. Jason was the cure to my memories. If I'm right about Adeline, he knew me before I lost my memory and he could tell me who I really was. But a twist in my gut signaled that I might not want to know who I was. That Adeline Stewart from the record store look like a bright, brilliant girl with a big future ahead of her. And look where I am now? I live in a trailer house with two men, Ollie who works most of the week and a Tré who is there enough to count as a third male inhabiting the home. I spend my free time locked away in my bedroom or playing video games in the living room with one of the guys or hanging out under the sacred willow with Billie on warm afternoons. My evening activities are watching ancient Disney movies and falling asleep with my head resting in Billie's lap. He carries me to my room and the cycle begins again the next day. Of course I love this life style. I've learned so much from my new family. But is there still a future out there for me? 

The million dollar question right now was would I be ready to leave them for a future?

The answer would be no. Rather I liked it or not, I probably won't live to see that future and that's it. Thats the end.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short but a glimpse into Billies point of view. Only a few more chapters now ;)
My inspiration for this chapter came when I recovered some old music I'd had on my psp and it was called Somewhere. It was really good and reminded me of Evanescence. So it's probably going to be Adeline's theme haha, the lyrics matched really well.