Status: Completed!

Last Seen in San Diego.

Chapter 15

I couldn't think properly, I was too focused on getting Kellin back. Once Mike kicked the door open, we rushed in, but it was too late. Of course it was, when were we able to save anyone else? I collapsed to the ground, crying out in anger. My eyes remained on the splotches of crimson liquid, how it was splattered into little puddles instead of one huge one. I finally had the boy I waited for. The one I couldn't get my mind off of when he left because summer was over. The one I didn't shut up about, probably annoying Jaime. He was the only one who knew at the time, hell Mike didn't even know until recently that I knew Kellin before all this. It doesn't matter though,  I probably won't get him back. He's probably gone already. I'm still going to try and find him though, even if I'm not successful, I will get revenge. I didn't even want to think about not saving him in time. I walked out of the bathroom, trying to calmly collect myself. Everyone soon followed into the room, watching as I paced back and forth. So many thoughts raced through my mind, but only one stuck out.

"We have to go get them, no more wasting time." I spoke bluntly, they all looked at me, eyes wide open.

"But Vic, you haven't done anything at all. How can you protect yourself?" Jenna spoke up. She had a point, I didn't practice with the others, nor did I plan anything else. I didn't feel the need to. I looked towards Mike, the only person who I know would back me up.

"Yes Jenna, you're right. But trust me, I don't need any practice." I told them, nodding towards Mike to explain.

"Although Vic may look skinny and weak, he's very strong. Especially when he's mad, like now. He sort of just blanks out and goes for it." Mike says, allowing them to take a second to nod.

"I think we should go. I mean, we all want to save them. Jack needs Alex, Tay needs Mike, and Kellin needs Vic. We shouldn't wait anymore. Enough damage has been done already, why sit back and continue to allow it to happen? We should've done this earlier.  Now no more questions,  no holding back and definitely no cowardly acts." Oli speaks out bluntly, his tone making this whole situation even more realistic. I headed to the bathroom,  leading the others along the way. We headed towards the door, I didn't hesitate to move straight towards the lock. I looked at the little piece of metal in my hand, entering the numbers I noticed Kellin used.

8210424

It quickly unlocked, falling to the floor with a loud clank. I was about to lift the door open, until I was stopped by a voice.

"How'd you know the combination?" Alex asked from behind me, causing all eyes to stare at me intently. How would I exactly explain this?

"Well, Kellin has been seeing the numbers I entered in his nightmares and they looked familiar to me. So Kellin had entered it in before, unlocking it without knowing it would work. We don't know what they stand for, but we do know the creep used it for the lock." I explained, knowing they would be confused no matter how I worded my explanation.  Without further interruptions, I lifted the door open, letting the stench of dried blood fill my nose. 

"Oh god." I complain at the horrible stench. The others groan and cover their nose. I climb down the small ladder, not making a sound. The others doing the same. Once we all were down, we huddled together.

"We need to split up. I know you don't want to but we need to. It'll be the quickest way." I whisper, they all nodded in agreement. "Jenna, Alex and Oli. All of your skills together can be useful.  Mike and I will stay together. If you can't find anything, you meet back here? Is that clear?" They nod and head off into their assigned direction. Mike and I head off in the opposite direction, silently walking down the halls. It didn't take long for goosebumps to cover my skin, this place was fucking creepy. The silence was broken when the sad boy beside me opened his mouth.

"Vic, what if it's too late? Kellin may still be alive, but what about Jack and Tay?" He asked, his voice breaking as he said her name. I stopped in my tracks and turned to face my little brother.

"Mike, it's not too late. You need to stop thinking like that or else you will drive yourself insane. She's here, we just need to get to her quick. All of them." I tell him sternly,  hopefully snapping sense into him. He nodded, giving me a quick hug before walking again. A few minutes later, we heard a scream, a very feminine one. We hurried in the direction the noise came from, soon coming across an open door. The room had that horrible stench as well, but it was way stronger. That could only mean one thing. We looked into the room, my eyes roaming on Jenna, Oli and Alex. They were all crying, Alex's cries the loudest. I looked over to the floor, covering my mouth at the sight. There on the floor lied Jack, stiff as a stick, bloody and beaten. It didn't look as if he was breathing.

"No, no, no. Please no." Alex sobbed clutching the skunk haired boy to his chest. I felt my eyes start to sting. Jack can't be dead, he can't be. And if he was, does that mean Tay and Kellin are too? I felt my heart clench tightly at the thought of it. We all remained in silence, well all except for Alex. After a few minutes, he said his final goodbye. "Jack, I'm so sorry. If I could've stopped this, I would've. I'm so sorry Jack.  I love you so much, more than anything in this fucked up world." He croaked out, placing Jack slowly onto the ground once again. "I'll see you soon babe." He whispered. More sobs erupted from the lanky guy as we tried to pull him away from his lover. We were almost at the door when something caught our attention.

"Alex?" A raspy voice spoke from behind us, causing us all to stop in our tracks and turn around. The sight was unbelievable, I'm determined to believe this is a dream.

"Jack." Alex spoke, his voice barely above a whisper. "You're alive." He cried, running to his boyfriend and throwing himself into his arms.

"Barely." Jack croaked out, embracing Alex tightly. "He injected us with something, but I'm not sure what." He spoke, taking a quick second to look around the room. "Where's Tay and Kellin?" He asked, a frown upon his face.

"Well we were sort of hoping they were here with you." Jenna spoke up, all of us nodding our heads in agreement. Jack shook his head, anger and fear showed in his expression. 

"No, I thought we were all brought here together. They're probably separated in different rooms or with the man, I don't know." He coughed, a little bit of blood coming out. We couldn't continue wasting time, we had to go and we had to go now.

"Okay. Alex, you stay here with Jack. Everyone else, let's go. We need to find Tay and Kellin." I tell them, Mike quickly agreeing.

"No, no. I can go with you guys. I know this place a little, so I'll help." Jack stated, earning looks of disbelief.

"Are you sure? You don't look the best of shape right now." Oli pointed out, trying not to be rude.

"Yes, I'm fine." He says, standing himself up with the little bits of strength he has left. "Vic, lead the way." He directed. I nodded,  leading the others down the room and into our first hallway. These were mostly closets, either empty or filled with weapons. The sight gave me goosebumps once again, did he use any of those on Tay or Kellin? Why were they there? Are some of the guns loaded? All these questions,  but there was no way I wanted to find out the answer. We could hear voices, but we weren't sure they were coming from. They were too distant to pinpoint a location. So we continued to walk through the halls with the grey painted walls, with the horrible stench, with the screams that you can hear. Although they were never really there. I guess isolation does fuck with your mind. Even if you're not alone.

We entered a new hallway, one with more than two doors. We all entered different rooms, deciding to split up and meet back in the hallway once each room was inspected. I was in the middle of checking my room when Oli called my name. I walked over to his room, wondering what he wanted. He didn't say anything to me, no, he just placed something soft in my hand, something familiar.  I looked down at my hand, my eyes gazing over the small strands of hair. It wasn't just anyone's hair, it was Kellin's. The black color, with the silky texture told me I was correct.  I knew it was only some, because no more strands were to be found. The anger inside me boiled, I could practically feel Kellin being tortured.  What the hell is going on?

"That's his hair, isn't it?" Oli asked me quietly, I just nodded. We stood in silence until we heard another scream. We all rushed into the hallway, practically crashing into each other. Well, all but a particular blonde girl that was missing.  We rush to the door of the room she was inspecting, noticing not only was the door closed, but it was locked. Mike didn't think twice before kicking the door down, revealing the blonde laid out on the floor. Shirt ripped open, blood stains on her skin, tears on her face and most importantly, a crimson wound covering her white skin.  This guy was an absolute sicko! Oli rushed to her side, lifting her up into his arms and placed her in a sitting position. Next, he carefully removed her shirt, tying it around the wound on her lower abdomen area. She winced in pain, but never told him to stop.  He then removed his shirt, placing it on her torso.

"Jenna, can you walk?" Oli asked her, looking deeply in her eyes. She shook her head no, clutching her stomach. Oli sighed, lifting her up and placing her on his back. There was strength hidden behind that lanky appearance.

"Oli, you should take her and Jack upstairs. I dont want to put them in anymore danger." Alex spoke up, earning disgruntled groans from both Jack and Jenna.

"Alex, no." Jack tried to argue, but Alex dismissed it.

"Jack, please just listen to me for once. You're too weak and Jenna can barely keep her eyes open. Please, Jack." Alex begs, knowing Jack will eventually give in. Of course he does. He mutters under his breath, taking Jenna from Oli and placing her in the same position. With one last kiss, Jack was off and out of sight. We knew he was upstairs when we heard the door slam shut and the sound of a lock clicking.  There were no more interruptions. Nothing to weigh us down. Nothing to stop us. We continued on our journey,  it seemed like forever.  Another room, another minute. Time passed,  about an hour or so and we still haven't found anything.  We walked down the hall to the last room, stopping when we heard voices from the inside.

"Please, don't do this. Please, I'm begging you." We heard the muffled voice cry out. "Please, stop. No, no." The cries getting louder. "Kellin, help me! Jack!" The voice yelled. It was Tay. We entered the last room in this hallway, surprised at the scene before us. There Tay was, half naked and alone. Where was the guy? How does he always manage to fucking disappear? I looked around the room, trying to find a shadow figure to reveal his existence,  but there was nothing. He wasn't here.

"Tay?" Mike whispered. Her head shot up, soon meeting all our worried faces. Mike ran over to her, wrapping his arms around her as they cried. Repeating Oli's actions, he took his shirt off and gave it to her.

"Tay, what happened?" I asked her, but she didn't respond. Instead, she started shaking.

"H-he kept touching me, but I begged him to stop. I'm sorry Mike." She cried into my brother's shoulder. He rubbed her back, soothing circles to calm her down.

"It's okay baby, shh. It's not your fault." He tried convincing her, she just stood silent. "Babe, I need you to tell me where Kellin is." Mike told her, but her response was something none of us expected.

"Kellin's gone." She cried out, sobbing louder than before.

And just like that, my whole world crashed down before my eyes. This couldn't be real.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello my lovely readers. I'm so sorry for your really really late update. I work everyday and when I get home, I just want sleep. Working with kids is very tiring. Anyways, you guys have been so patient and I love it. You're seriously the best and I love every single one of you. I hope this chapter makes up for everything. I love you guyss!!

Comments?

-lissy c: