Status: Completed!

Last Seen in San Diego.

Chapter 18

I looked down at Jennas lifeless body, shocked that she was gone. She was such a sweet girl and if I could switch places with her, I would in a heartbeat. Right now, we were all sitting in our familiar circle in silence. I was sitting next to Vic, Oli next to me, Tay next to Mike and Jack next to Alex. We were taking in everything that just happened, trying to figure out a way to get out of here. The silence in the room was haunting, leaving me with my own thoughts. All I could think about was Jaime's lifeless body on the floor, blood pouring out of his neck wound that I caused. Me, the person who couldn't kill a fly, killed a person. A person who had a family, a person who had friends that loved him. How could I take that away?
"Kells?" Vic whispered, but I didn't turn my attention towards him. "Kells talk to me." He urged but I just broke down. He cradled me in his arms as my sobs echoed throughout the room.

"Kellin." Oli started to say, but stopped when I interrupted him.

"I cant believe I did that. He has a family, friends, a future..and I just ruined all of that for him. I'm a monster, i'm a murderer." I spoke through my sobs. My vision was blurry but I was still able to see the looks of sympathy they all gave me.

"Kellin, look." Oli started speaking, I turned my body towards him. "Look at all of us and tell me what you see." He told me. I allowed my gaze to fall on every single person in the room, but I stood silent. I don't understand how this was supposed to make me feel better.

"Oli, I don't understand the point-" I tried speaking but was interrupted.

"Tell me what you see." He demanded, his voice soft and quiet.

"I see my friends. But I still dont get-"

"You see your friends? So that must mean that they are alive, am I right?" He asked me, our eyes never leaving each others.

"Yes." I nodded.

"We're alive because of you Kellin. You saved us." Alex blurted out, wiping the few tears that fell from his face. I didn't mean to make him cry, I don't want anyone to cry over me.

"Kellin, you may think you're a murderer, but you're not. You're my hero, you literally saved me from death." Jack told me, rubbing his hand up and down Alex's back.

"You're my hero as well." Vic told me, placing a small chaste kiss on my cheek. "Now let's get home okay?" I just nodded, taking in all of the words that everyone told me. My heart swelled at the kindness, but of course I was still haunted by the memory.

We all got up from our spots on the floor, everyone trying to find a way that we can escape. We checked every inch of the wall, but there was nothing. We couldn't even manage to open the door that Jaime fed us through. There was only one idea left, and I was terrified by it.

"We have to go back downstairs." I muttered quietly, earning crazed stares. "It's the only way out of here." I told them but they disagreed.

"I don't want to go back down there. " Tay exclaimed, clinging onto Mike's arm. I took note at his appearance, his skin a little more pale and bloody as ever. That couldn't be a good sign.

"We have to find a way out. Look at Mike, he looks like a fucking zombie. We need to get him to a hospital, we all need to get to one." Jack exclaimed. Looks were shared between everyone, but no one spoke up.

"I'll go." Oli spoke out, breaking the silence. I silently pleaded him not to but he was the only one able enough, aside from Alex who was cowardly hiding behind Jack. He headed towards the bathroom before anyone could object, walking down the stairs and out of sight. We all rushed towards the main room again, sitting down and waiting. I couldn't think straight, I just wanted to go home.

"What're we going to do after this? Are we just going to go our separate ways? Forget any of this happened?" Alex asked. We all stood silent, no one seemed to have a response. Maybe they didn't know, but I sure as hell knew what I wanted.

"I want us to still be friends. I mean we went through hell and back with each other, we've seen sides no one else has seen. I don't think I can picture my life without any of you now. It's been 5 months with you guys and honestly, despite everything that's happened, I was happy meeting you. You guys are like a second family to me and I don't think I could ever let you go. Any of you." I told them, forcing a quick smile to appear on my face.

"I agree, personally I think we need each other. We turned to each other when we needed something. I know I haven't been the best with any of you at first, but I do love you all like my brothers, and sister." Vic said, sending a small smile to Tay.

After that I stood silent, wondering why Oli hasn't returned. Did something happen to him? What if Jaimes wasn't dead? What if he left us all and went on his own, he couldn't have done that right? He wouldn't do that. An hour or so passed and he was still no where to be seen. What the fuck?

"Where the fuck is he?" I exclaimed angrily. I wasn't liking this, I wanted to get out of here already, I was catching a panic attack. I want to go home.

"I need to get out of here, like now." I growled, getting up from my spot and heading to the door we received food from. I began scratching at the door, banging my hands against it with as much power I could.

"Kells, calm down." Vic called, walking over to me. I wasn't having it though. I pushed my body against the door several times before it busted open, causing me to collapse onto the ground. My eyes widened in shock, did I do that?

"Holy shit." I gasp out, wiping my tears with the back of my hand. "I'm the fucking hulk." I said to myself, picking myself up from the floor.

"Sorry to crush your dreams Kells but, I'd like to take credit for this one." His British accent said from behind me. I turned towards Oli, glaring at him before giving him a hug.

"What took you so long? I fucking thought something happened to you or something!" I hit him playfully when we pulled away.

"Let's go." I demanded looking at everyone. They all nodded, following me out of that psychotic place that was our home for months, and for some people, years. We walked out into a suburban area, we weren't in the middle of nowhere like I thought. But where were we?

"Do any of you know this area?" Vic asked, we all shook our heads. I noticed some houses around the area, but they looked abandoned. I pulled away from Vic's grip, and slowly trudged off to the nearest house. I started banging on the door with the little bit of strength I had left. After a few minutes, someone opened the door. It was an old lady, probably in her early 50's. Her blue eyes examined my body, then traveled to the other injured and bloody people behind me.

"May I help you?" She asked softly, seemingly frightened by our appearance.

"Please, can you call 911. We were kidnapped and we finally escaped. Please, we all need to get to the hospital immediately. " I blurted out, trying to catch my breath. She nodded, closing the door behind her. Okay so part of me was hoping she'd let us in, but I understood her actions. We could be serial killers in her opinion, I don't blame her. I turned to the others and nodded at them, they just stood in their original spots. A few minutes passed and sirens were heard in the distance, along with the cheers of my friends. I ran towards Vic, jumping into his arms. Tears poured through my eyes once again but this time, these were happy tears.

"We're going home, Vic." I mumbled into his neck, smiling at the thought.

“Shh Kells, everything is going to be okay. We’re going to be okay.” He whispered, slowly stroking my hair as the sirens got louder. This was it. Quickly we were all piled into three ambulances. Jack and Alex, Mike and Vic, and Tay, Oli and I in the last one. I wanted to be with Vic, but I knew he wanted to be with Mike considering he was still losing blood from the bullet wound. That kid’s a fighter, I’ll tell you that much.

We were quickly rushed to the hospital, treated immediately and were separated in different rooms. Luckily, they put Oli with me. I needed someone to talk to. We were currently bandaged and drugged up, waiting to get some shut eye.

“So are you ready to see them tomorrow?” Oli asked me, his voice raspy from lack of water. I nodded, catching on quickly that he was talking about my mom and my sister.

“I am, but then I feel like I’m a complete stranger to them. What about you? Is he coming to see you?” I ask him, hoping he understands that I’m talking about Josh.

“Um, I don’t know. I’m not even sure he knows they found me. I don’t think he cares honestly.” He says with a frown. I shake my head, protesting against his claims.

“Oli, he loves you okay? He’ll come. He has to.” I told him, giving him a small smile.

“I hope so.” He whispers before closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep.

I was left alone, once again. I started wondering how long it would be til my family came to see me, or if they even knew I was here. After a few minutes, the door creaks open, revealing a tall boy who I’ve never seen before.

“May I help you?” I ask tiredly, letting out a yawn.

“I’m looking for Oliver Sykes.” He stated, his eyes watering at the sound of his name.

“You must be Josh, I’ve heard a lot about you. He’s right there sleeping.” I pointed to the sleeping body next to me. Josh nodded, quietly walking to the side of Oli’s bed and sitting on it.

“Oli, baby wake up.” Josh spoke softly, shaking him awake. After a few protesting groans, Oli fluttered his eyes open. They opened wide when he saw who was in front of him.

“Josh?” Oli croaked out. Josh nodded, pulling him into a hug, a tight one at that. They shared apologies and kisses, but even though it warmed my heart, I no longer felt like intruding.

“I’ll give you guys some space.” I told them, getting off my bed, fixing my ugly green hospital gown and exiting the room. I walked down the hall, looking in every room to try and find my friends, but I don’t think they were on the same floor as Oli and I were.

“May I help you with something, Mr.Quinn?” A nurse asked me. I turned around, sort of scared that maybe I wasn’t supposed to be doing this.

“I’m looking for Mike and Vic Fuentes.” I told her with my nicest voice. She smiled before checking her clipboard.

“They’re down the hall, room 210.” She told me before walking off. I walked down the hall, checking the room numbers until I came down to 210. I knocked softly on the door before walking in. The room was the same as mine, but with two sleeping mexicans in it. I walked over to Vic’s bed and crawled on top of it, cuddling myself into him. He quickly adjusted himself so that he could wrap his arms around me better.

“I thought you were sleeping.” I whispered to him, not trying to wake up Mike.

“I was, but I heard the door open and immediately knew it was this kid who can’t stay away from me for more than 5 minutes.” He joked, letting out a small yawn before laughing.
“How is he?” I ask, gesturing to the sleeping boy beside us. He took a glance at his brother before turning back to me.

“He’s stable. I almost lost him, but they managed to save him. I almost had a heart attack. It was probably the scariest thing I’ve experienced.” He told me. I felt bad for him, I could only imagine how he would’ve felt if they weren't able to save Mike. He’d be torn apart. We all would.

“Are you ready to see your parents tomorrow?” I asked slowly, changing the subject. He nodded, letting some tears slip from his eyes. I immediately pulled him into a hug, letting him clear out his emotions.

“I’m happy to see them but I’m also scared. What if they feel like all of this is my fault? What if they completely changed and aren’t the parents I knew before?” He cried out to me.

“Look Vic, those are you parents. They will love you no matter what. They’ve missed both you and Mike severely, don’t think otherwise. Okay?” I ask him, he just nods, wiping away his tears with the back of his hand.

“Okay.” He responds.

“Did you eat?” I ask, pointing to the hospital food placed on the table besides him. He shook his head. “Eat.” I demanded. He sighed, picking up the applesauce and eating it. I watched as he slowly picked at it before devouring it fully.

“Stay here tonight, please.” He asks me, but I hesitate to answer. Am I even allowed to? Would I get in trouble? Oh well, this might be the last night I get to spend with Vic until my mom is comfortable with letting me out of the house again.

“Okay.” I yawn, cuddling up against him once again, laying my head against his chest before closing my eyes.

“Goodnight Kellin.” He whispered, kissing the top of my head. Those were the last words I heard before falling into a peaceful slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!

Sorry for the really long wait! School has me booked most of the time. I was supposed to update yesterday but instead I fucked up my ankle so now I’m forced to use crutches. On the brightside I’m missing some school.
Anyways, there’s one more chapter!! which may or may not be the epilogue. If I do another chapter before the epilogue then it will probably be about 800-1000 words so Idk yet but just look out for that.
Also new stories coming soon!!

-Lissyc: