Status: Completed!

Last Seen in San Diego.

Chapter 6

The next day, it was the same routine. It was like ever since I’ve arrived here in San Diego, my life has been on repeat, even when I’m kidnapped. I guess I can sort of understand this situation though, there’s really nothing to do in a secluded area with people you’ve just met. I’ve learned that literally everyone in this room, excluding Jenna and Jack, are not morning people. Everyone was a bit cranky in the morning. There was various snaps and attitudes directed at one another but that all changed when we heard a loud slam. We directed our eyes to where we would normally get our food at, there was nothing there. I was about to ask what the hell was that all about until I remembered what Oli told me about him giving us food whenever he wants.

“Must’ve been some stupid joke. God I hate him.” Alex muttered, rolling his eyes.

“Ay let’s just be lucky we’re getting food in the first place, we could be dead right now.” Oli told Alex, trying to stop him from going on what seemed like a dramatic rant.

“Yeah cause that’s so much better.” Alex said back. Jack tried to get him to shut up but deep down they knew nothing bad could come out of it. I smiled at the banter going on in front of me before directing my attention towards Tay. She sat on one of the couches, talking to Mike. Somehow smiling her bright smile, showing that she’s truly happy, showing that she’s not acknowledging the situation we are in.

“You’ve got a crush on her, no?” Jenna said from behind me, causing me to jump out of my skin. I turned towards her, holding my chest as if my heart was getting ready to pop out at any second. I shook my head, but she immediately thought I was lying.

“I don’t.” I laugh. “I’m gay, I mentioned this yesterday. Geez how could you not pay attention to me? I’m the queen, how dare you.” I joke with her, causing us both to laugh a bit too loudly. I heard a mutter come from the corner of the room, I didn’t even have to look to know who it was. Vic. I wasn’t going to start anything with him today because honestly what’s the point. I just rolled my eyes before turning my attention back to Jenna, who was currently giving me a sympathetic look to which I just shrugged off. I didn’t want to focus on Vic’s hatred for me, So I decided to change the topic.

“Kellin, let’s play 20 questions! I’m bored.” She complained, I groaned but nodded anyways.

“So where are you from?” I asked the first question.

“Australia, What’s your favorite band?” She asked, moving on quickly.

“My Chemical Romance. Why’d you move to boring old America when you could be in Australia. It sounds amazing.” I ask, actually curious to know.

“Ah ah ah, basic questions first. Personal last.” She stated her ‘rules’. I nodded, continuing with our little game. We learned a lot about each other, even the others joined our little game as well. Well everyone excluding mr.grumpypants in the corner. Anyways, learning more about the people that I might be living with till I’m dead makes being here less miserable for me.

“Good thing we got new people, I hate all of you.” Oli tried joked around, earning a few punches from Alex. Those two are like brothers fighting and Jack is the mother who has to break it up.

“How ever do you manage dealing with two children Jack? For your birthday I will get you a mug that says ‘#1 Mom’ on it. How does that sound?” I asked him, earning a few giggles from everyone in our circle but Alex and Oli. They just glared playfully at me.

“That sounds lovely Kellin, thank you.” He smirked at me. Our laughters came to an immediate stop when we heard the door slam once again. To our surprise the food was actually there, but I lost appetite when I realized what it was. Spicy Ham sandwiches, I was allergic to spicy things. Everyone walked over to grab their sandwiches, Jenna was eyeing me when she noticed I haven’t gotten up yet.

“Kells, why aren’t you eating? Don’t tell me you’re not hungry again because that’s bullshit.” Jenna told me, causing everyone to look at me.

“I can’t eat that.” I told her.

“Why not?” Mike asked.

“I’m allergic to anything spicy.” I said, earning sympathetic glances. "One of you guys can have it though, I'll be okay."

“Oh I’m sorry, you must be starving. Here, I know it’s not much but it’s something you can chew on until our next meal.” Mike says, handing me gum to which I take. Mike and Tay ended up sharing my sandwich because no one else wanted it. Watching everyone eat only made me hungrier. My stomach started growling but I ignored it. I wasn’t going to take the chance. Soon everyone was done, then the schedules started. Who would shower first, who has to use the bathroom, who would sleep now, etc. It took awhile but the shower order was Tay, Jenna, Oli, Alex, Mike, Jack, Me and then Vic. Not shocking that he would be last. I seriously don’t know what his problem is, and honestly it’s bothering me more than it should. As each person took their time in the shower, and some of them napping, I kept my mind clouded with thoughts of Vic. Why does he hate me so much? Why can’t he try to make the most of the horrible situation we are in. Him and I both know that we aren’t getting out of this, so why not enjoy the life you have with the people in the room? Who the hell wants to spend their time being bitter all day?

“May I help you?” A voice shook me out of my thoughts. I blinked a couple of times noticing Vic looking at me. I was confused.

“Uh no you may not.” I said to him with as much attitude as he used.

“Well then since that’s settled, don’t look at me.” He said, going back to his drawing and completely ignoring my existence. Like it was my fault that I stared at him when I zoned out.
'Why is he such a dick' I asked myself.

"Because I am." Whoops, I said that out loud? Oh well, damage is done already.

"Look we're both in the same situation here, being a dick to everyone in this room isn't going to make the situation better. I've done nothing to you, stop acting like such a tough badass because it's not going to get you or any of us out of here." By this time the room was silent and Vic was shooting daggers at me. Before I could even blink he was lunging at me once again. This time though was different from the other, I ended up with his fist on my jaw and an oncoming bruise that replaced his hand.

"What the fuck Vic?" Tay yells running towards me. "Why did you do that?" She glares at him, he just shrugs it off at first. His eyes not daring to meet mine. Mike was quick to pull his brother away from the scene and scold him. "Jack can you please bring me a towel, you're Alex's boyfriend so you're the only one who could go in." she said, Jack nodded. I wondered what she needed a towel for, but then I tasted something peculiar. It tasted like iron, I would only know that for stupid reasons but it wasn’t a good taste. I brought my hand up to my mouth, touching the liquid then bringing it to my vision. I already figured it was blood, but it was kind of like I needed that extra evidence that he hit me so hard that it resulted in a busted lip. Jack came out a few seconds later with a towel, running over to me and putting it on my face. I was grateful that he wet it a bit because the cold felt good against my skin. I sat myself on the couch, not really caring about what happened anymore. He got mad at what I was saying, so he hit me. Nothing to have a whole deep thought process about it. I ignored everyone and laid down, my eyes slowly closing. Just as I was about to reach my dream state, I was awoken by a sympathetic voice.

“Kellin?” Mike asked, making sure I wasn’t fully asleep yet. I opened my eyes, only to roll them when I see Victor standing beside him. His eyes sort of widened when he realized the damage he had done on my face. I was confused but then I realized, this is the first time he looked at me since he assaulted me.

“What?” I ask annoyed.

“Vic would like to apologize for his unnecessary actions.” Mike told me. Victor just stood there and shrugged.

“Doesn’t seem like it to me.” I say, referring to the way Victor was standing, his eyes started to roam around the room. I honestly found this whole ordeal pointless but still waited for my apology nonetheless. Mike nudged his brother, bringing him back to reality.

“I apologize that I had to hit you because you didn’t know how to shut your mouth.” He said with a forced smile. I just chuckled at his failed attempt.

“Whatever Victor. You can go now, I don’t want you to be in my presence just as much as you don’t want me to be in yours. okay?” I say rudely. I could tell it annoyed him when I used his full name but we weren’t friends so why would I use the nickname his FRIENDS call him. Honestly I was an overall nice guy, but I can’t keep trying to pull off the good guy act with someone who hates my guts for no fucking reason. I’ll stay the hell away from him from now. Although I wish I would’ve decided that earlier, I probably wouldn’t have an aching pain on my cheek. He rolled his eyes before walking away back to his corner.

“Dude, why can’t you guys be nice to each other? We’re not little kids and with the situation we’re in, it’s not the time to be acting like one either.” Mike told me, I just shrugged. My eyes went over everyone in the room. Oli was writing something in an old torn up book, although I’m not sure where he got that at. Jenna was talking to Tay, probably about boys and what not. Alex and Jack were on the opposite couch, being all lovey dovey.

“Mike look, I’ve done nothing to your brother okay? Besides that little occurrence yesterday where he called me weak and I fought against it. I still doubt that’s a reason to already hate my guts and treat me like shit. Not only me but what about the others? He doesn’t even really acknowledge anyone but you. We’re all locked in here for who knows how long? We need the comfort of our friends. But if he doesn’t want that then I respect it, now can you please let me rest?” I asked after my long ramble. Mike nodded apologetically before walking to his brother. I tried to fall back asleep but it was merely impossible. I sighed in frustration, I just want to sleep and never wake up unless I’m in my own bed.

“Ey mate, you alright? you look a bit brassed off if you ask me.” Oli’s thick accent filled my ears. I opened my eyes to see him kneeling before me.

“Brassed off?” I ask, a smirk appearing on my face because of his weird vocabulary.
“It means pissed off.” He explains, I laugh and mutter a quick ‘could’ve just said that’ before answering his question.

“Uh yeah, I’m fine. Just really tired.” I tell him, he nods in agreement. He was about to say something but the sound of the door opening and closing stopped him. Some of us, especially me..got a bit excited for food. I was hoping it was something so I could actually eat it this time but to my luck, there was nothing. The fucking bastard fooled us again.

“It’s strange that he’s doing this now, he’s never bothered with us before.” Jack commented over Alex’s non-stop complaining.

“What’s our purpose for being here anyways? The only time he bothers with us is to give us the meals and that’s it. He’s never harmed any of us in anyway, never talked to us..so what’s the point?” Alex said. He had a point though. If the kidnapper didn’t really do much, what was the point of bringing us here?

“He could be a sadist?” Jenna piped up.

“No, that wouldn’t make sense because he’s not putting us through any pain.” Mike said. That’s when something clicked in my mind.

“He may not be putting us in pain, but he is putting our families in pain. Wouldn’t that still count?” I asked, they all looked at each other before nodding.

“I don’t know. Why not just kill us then? His motives just make no sense!” Alex complained once again.

“I just want to go home.” Mike said. We all agreed.

Home
Noun
1. The place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household.


This was our home now. This is where we would be living personally. Where the rest of our lives would be spent. This is where our forced good times will be, where our sad memories will last. Home isn’t where Kayley or my mom is. It’s where Jenna, Tay, Oli, Jack, Alex, and Mike were. Hell, even Victor too. God I miss them so much. I could only imagine how they are feeling right now. I’m hoping they aren’t searching for me because never will they find me. I regret not staying home that day, I regret not taking Jesse’s offer for a ride home. I just want to go home.

Time passed by, our second meal never came. It was already getting to the point where everyone was almost sleeping already. Although the whole plan was supposed to be each one of us sleeps at different times so we can each get comfortable with the couch, that wasn’t happening. The more people that came in the harder it got to follow that. I was sleeping next to Jenna, whom I’ve come close to for the time being.

“Kellin?” She whispered. I hummed in response. “Do you ever think we will get out of here?” She asked sadly. I sighed, looking into her glossy eyes.

“I hope so Jenn, I really do.” I whispered back.

Kayley’s P.O.V

I’ve looked everywhere and he was no where to be found. I walked through the front door, almost vomiting at the amount of smoke I could smell in here. When it reached the second day he wasn’t home, she started smoking. She was falling apart, hell so was I. I couldn’t deal with it anymore. Kellin hasn’t shown up, he won’t answer his phone his friends don’t know where he’s at. Apparently Tay has been missing too. My mother told me what happened but I refuse to believe it. He’s not gone, he just can’t be. I ran up to his room, throwing myself on his bed as I begin to cry. I was miserable without him, I just want him to come home and be safe. I sit myself up on his bed, before turning my head towards the window. looking up at the sky. The moon and the stars shined so brightly. I slowly found myself singing, something Kellin always did when I was sad.

“I know you’re somewhere out there, Somewhere far away.
I want you back, I want you back.
My neighbors say I’m crazy, but they don’t understand.
You’re all I have...all I have.
At night when the stars light up my room, I sit by myself.
Talking to the moon, trying to get to you....
In hopes you’re on the other side, talking to me too.
Or am I a fool? who sits alone?
Talking to the moon.”
I sing over my cries. I felt myself become drowsy, my eyes started to flutter close.

My last thought before I cried myself to sleep was ‘Kellin please come home.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello my beautiful people, Sorry for the delay. Me being sick and school being a lil shit stopped me. Well, hey I hope you like. The next update should be soon.

The song that Kayley sings is Talking To The Moon by Bruno Mars in case any of you were wondering.

Comments? I love you all! Now time for sleep. Thank you for reading you amazingly awesome people.

~Lissyc: