Blossoms Who Are Without Equals

Rebuilding The Guild

When Kimi awoke she struggled to sit up, realizing she was in an infirmary. She flexed her arms slowly and though she was sore and adorned some relatively large bruises, she could move so she was thankful for that much at least.

“Oh, Kimi-chan, you’re up!” Levy came into view, she had some bandages wrapped around her injured body but otherwise she looked well.

“Levy, is everything okay?” Kimi asked, moving to get up out of the bed.

“The battle is over now; Master Makarov recovered and defeated Phantom Lord’s Master, Jose.” Levy informed with a smile on her face.

Kimi relaxed and sighed softly, “I’m glad to hear that, how long have I been unconscious for?”

“A couple of days now,” The blue haired girl stated. “Everyone’s been hard at work rebuilding the guild; it’s going to be a lot bigger when it’s done!” She exclaimed.

Kimi smiled, going behind a curtain she changed into her casual kimono before walking out with the younger girl chatting away. They reached the construction site and Kimi glanced around in wonder, neatly piled timber was stacked high, beams were already being erected to form the new guild hall and the foundation was complete.

Tents were scattered around and a picnic area was even set up for everyone to eat in one area.

“They even have a temporary bar set up!” Kimi cried out in amusement as she approached the “mess” hall.

Heads turned when they heard the familiar voice and suddenly Kimi was being called out too.

“Hey, Kimi’s woken up!”

“Kimi-chan!”

When Natsu heard Kimi’s name he looked over to see her with a grin stretched out over his face, “You did good Kimi-sama!” He exclaimed, giving her the thumbs up as she glided over to him, waving a dismissive hand at the younger boy but a soft smile was spread across her face.

“There isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for my guild.” She replied before their attention was turned to a yelling Erza.

“Why don’t you tell everyone else how you feel!” Erza yelled out in anger, Kimi watched her childhood friend glare bitterly at Laxus.

“I have no problem telling them how I think of ‘em, this guild is filled with nothing but losers and weaklings, ‘specially the two of you morons.” He turned to look at Droy and Jet. “You were Phantom’s personal punching bags, you know, I’m glad I never bothered to learn your names.” Then his eyes turn to Lucy. “Which brings me to the worst of them all, the rich little princess wanna-be wizard. This was your fault.”

“Laxus!” Mirajane shouted. “Would you shut up, the Master said no one was to held accountable for what happened, not even you. Despite the fact that Kimi and I begged you to come and you turned your back on us.”

Laxus stood up from his seat “Stop your whining! That fight had nothing to do with, but if I had been there you wouldn’t be drowning your sorrows in this pile of rubble.”

“Why you-“ Erza moved forward to attack but Natsu tried jumping in only to be pulled back by his scarf as Kimi grabbed it before moving in front of Erza and Natsu, both parties stayed quiet as Kimi approached the tall man calmly.

She stared Laxus in the eye before bowing her head and lashing out, sending a harsh slap across his face, he could have dodged the blow but he took her hit, the smirk gone from his features.

“I don’t care how much you hate this guild,” She whispered before raising her head, tears streaming down her face. “You promised me you’d always protect it, protect me, you broke both those promises!” She turned her back on him and listened to his lightening magic as he zapped away.

Kimi covered her face in her hands, doing her best to reign in her emotions, she missed the old Laxus. The innocent cheerful Laxus she had grown to love.