Blossoms Who Are Without Equals

Determination

Hana watched in horror as Laxus disappeared. The tension was so great all around the guild that she could almost hear the after effect of Laxus’ lightning zapping around her. She wanted to follow the rest of the guild members and go out to fight with Laxus and his team. She wanted to help saving everyone; Lucy, Levy, Mira-Jane, Erza and the others. She felt tears prickling at the corner of her eyes in anger. She hadn’t been in the guild for long but the place had become a home to her and seeing someone wanting to destroy it made something boil from deep within her. It’s a foreign feeling for her but for the first time in her life, she wanted to fight for something precious to her.

She was about to run towards the exit when she felt someone tugging on her arm. She looked down at the fingers that were wrapped around her forearm and up towards Kimi who was giving her a worried look. “Don’t go,” Kimi said, pulling on Hana’s arm so the younger girl wouldn’t step out of the door.

“I want to fight too,” Hana answered, gently removing Kimi’s grip from her arm with her free hand. Kimi shook her head and grabbed Hana’s shoulders.

“No! You stay here with me. You’ll be safe.” Worry was obvious in Kimi’s voice but Hana just shook her head, shrugging so Kimi’s hands fell from her shoulders. “Hana…”

“I’m a member of this guild too, Kimi-chan. So why can’t I fight?”

“Because you might get hurt!”

“Everyone will get hurt. Why didn’t you stop them?” Hana asked. The rest of the members that were still in the guild looked taken aback at Hana’s sudden stubbornness. The usual timid and shy girl had a determined look etched across her face and she looked as if she was ready to kill someone. It wasn’t a look that anyone had ever seen on that sweet face.

“Because I don’t wanna lose you! Because Laxus won’t hesitate to hurt you,” Kimi answered, her voice on edge. Hana shook her head and pressed her lips defiantly as she stepped farther away from Kimi. Kimi tried to reach out but the girl took another steps back. “Hana!”

“Do you think I’m weak?” Hana asked, her eye cast downwards as she stared at the polished floor. She clenched her fists tight against her sides and her jaw was set. She knew she didn’t have destructive power like Erza or Natsu. And her power wasn’t strong like Gray. And compared to Kimi, she’s probably like a mouse next to an elephant. But she wanted to be useful to the guild. She didn’t want to stand by idly while the guild was threatened. “Do you think I’m weak, Kimi-chan?!”

“Hana… I don’t…”

“You do think I’m weak.” Hana’s tone was disappointed as she let out a sigh. “I want to protect the guild. I want to fight. I don’t care if I get hurt. This place is home. My mom used to be here, fighting for the guild and I now understand why she loved this place so much. Fairy Tail gives me family that I never have. And I’m gonna protect that,” the young mage stated confidently before turning away. She took a couple of steps forward before she felt a hand on her shoulder. She was about to push the hand away when Kimi spun her around and pulled her into a big bone-crushing hug.

“Be careful,” Kimi whispered, squeezing the girl lightly before letting her go then turning away from facing her. Hana bit her lip and nodded, running towards the door. She would do anything in her power to safe everyone even if it meant she would die. Natsu wanted to join her so he just let him run along with her. But when Hana ran through the door, Natsu was stuck and couldn’t get out of the guild. The male mage looked rather pissed and annoyed at the fact that he couldn’t leave the guild. Hana ignored his ranting and ran towards the city in search for Laxus so she could stop him.