Blossoms Who Are Without Equals

Hana Meets Kimi

“Who is that?” Hana asked, her eyes wide in amazement as the dark-haired girl who just entered the guild managed to tame everyone down. Even Natsu and Gray who had been viciously fighting each other just a few moments ago looked completely mortified as they faced her. Mira-Jane smiled sweetly, tilting her head to the side, both her hands clasped together in front of her.

“That is Kimi. She’s probably the only person Natsu and Gray are scared of aside from Erza,” the beautiful wizard answered, giggling slightly. Kimi? So she’s Kimi Utsukushii, one of the strongest S-class Fairy Tail wizard. She was scary! Even the seemingly fearless Natsu and Gray turned into a shaking mess in her presence.

Hana took a few steps backwards as she realized that Kimi was slowly making her way towards where Mira-Jane and her were standing at the moment. Quietly, she turned around, trying to slip away unnoticed. She didn’t want to get in the female wizard’s bad book. “Mira-san, how are you doing?” She heard Kimi asked and frowned as the voice wasn’t as harsh as the one she used a while ago.

“Fine, thank you. We have a new member, today,” Mira-Jane replied, the tone of her voice light and friendly as usual. Hana immediately stopped in her track, her eyes widened and she prayed that Kimi wouldn’t call out on her. “Hana… this is Kimi,” Mira-Jane introduced and she had to turn around reluctantly, facing the scary wizard.

Much to her surprise, Kimi didn’t look as angry as she was before. In fact, she was smiling and she thought that the older wizard was indeed very beautiful and she looked so elegant with her dark hair and fair skin. She smiled shyly, bowing her head. “Hello, my name is Hana Itou. Nice to meet you!” she greeted, her voice shaking slightly as she bowed down, her body bending in 45 degree.

When she straightened up, her heart was beating too fast as she noticed that Kimi was just staring at her, her facial expression unreadable. However, after a few seconds, Kimi suddenly lunged forward and took Hana’s face in both her palms, squeezing her cheeks. “Oh my God! You are so cute! Look at you!” she gushed and Hana blinked rapidly.

What?

“It’s unfair. You’re always so hard on us boys,” Natsu complained, scratching the back of his head, frowning slightly. At Natsu’s words, Kimi snapped her head to the side to look at him with a murderous glint in her eyes. Natsu quickly shut his mouth and went back to cleaning up the guild. Finally, she let go of the pink-haired girl’s face and pulled her hand toward the bar, taking a seat on one of the stools.

“So, Hana. Welcome to the guild,” Kimi said, her tone warm and she smiled kindly at her. Well, maybe she wasn’t all that scary after all, Hana thought, smiling back at her and muttered a shy ‘thank you’. “Kimi!” Both girls lifted up their heads and Hana’s eyes widened when she saw a flying blue cat coming towards their direction. “Happy!” Kimi exclaimed, hugging the blue cat tightly.

“I miss you, Kimi. Lucy is being mean to me again,” the cat whined. Hana just stared at the cat. A flying and talking cat? This guild was indeed a bizarre place but she was loving it already.

“Well, you’re always getting on her nerves. You two should learn to get along well. And maybe you should stop commenting about her weight,” Kimi said to Happy. At the far end of the bar, Lucy yelled, “Kimi-chan!” And Hana giggled to see how red her face had become. Oh, so weight was a sensitive subject to the blonde wizard. She made a mental note not to mention about it. She wanted to get along with everyone so she didn’t want to make anyone angry at her. “Have you met Hana?” The blue cat turned to face the pink-haired girl and blinked his eyes a few times and Hana couldn’t help herself from squealing in a high-pitched voice.

“Kyaaa! You’re so cute!” She brought her two fists together and placed it under her chin, her head tilting slightly to the side as her eyes twinkling in excitement. The cat’s eyes grew bigger as Hana picked him up and hugged him tightly, snuggling her cheek against his affectionately with a wide smile on her face. He tried to squirm away but she held him tight.

“Kimi! Natsu! Help me!” Happy called out desperately but both Kimi and Natsu just laughed. Hana however immediately let the cat go as she noticed the look that Natsu was giving her. Her head hung low as blush was creeping onto her cheeks. Happy quickly ran towards Natsu and hugged his legs, crying. “She’s scary!” he wailed and Natsu laughed, patting the cat’s head.

Kimi turned back her attention towards Hana, thanking Mira-Jane who had place a glass of soda in front of her. “So Hana, where do you live?” she asked, taking a sip of the soda and ran her finger along the rim of the glass.

“I still haven’t gone out looking for a place yet. I’ll be staying at a motel temporarily, I guess,” she responded truthfully. Kimi smiled widely and put her arm around the timid girl’s shoulders.

“Well, why don’t you stay with me, then? I have an extra room at my place,” the older girl offered genuinely and Hana kind of just stared at her in disbelief.