Blossoms Who Are Without Equals

To War!

The sleepover was a new experience for Hana. As she lived alone with her mother in a small cottage at the outskirt of the village she came from, she didn’t have any friends. That’s why she was ecstatic to be making not only one friend, but a lot of them. She still couldn’t believe how easy it was to fit in with the all the members. Fairy Tail was surely a very close-knitted guild. They’re like family. And she’d never had a big family. She was excited!

And she had never laughed so much in her life. Natsu was a funny guy, he’s always so energetic and random. Although his mood was a little depleted from the incident that happened to the guild, Hana knew he was trying his best to lift up everyone’s spirit as well. Gray was driving Lucy up the wall by trying to read her novel that she insisted she wanted Levy to be the first reader. Before falling asleep with Kimi next to her, Hana smiled, praying silently for her mother and closed her eyes contently.

The next day, Hana woke up feeling refreshed. A fond smile tugged at the corner of her lips to see Natsu, Gray and Happy sprawled haphazardly on the floor, one of Natsu’s legs on Gray’s stomach and Gray’s hand splayed over Natsu’s face. Meanwhile, Happy was lying face-down on top of both Natsu and Gray. They were so cute, she thought. “You awake?” Erza asked. She was sitting at the coffee table, sipping a cup of tea and eating a slice of strawberry cake. Kimi was sat with her, also having a cup of tea. “You can go take a bath after Lucy,” Kimi told her. Hana nodded at that, smiling.

“Morning, Erza-san, Kimi-chan,” she greeted. Erza and Kimi smiled back and greeted back. After that, the morning went on in quite a calm fashion. Hana took her bath and borrowed a pair of Lucy’s clothes. She was a bit shorter but they all fit nicely with a little alteration. Gray, Natsu and Happy also had woken up and the group had their breakfast, chattering leisurely, discussing about ways to rebuild the guild.

However, a rap on the door interrupted their breakfast and Lucy frowned, getting up to open the door. As the door opened, they saw a man, one of Fairy Tail members with a frantic look on his face. “You have to come to the Fiore Southgate Park,” the man said, a little bit breathless. Erza immediately got up, Natsu and Gray as well.

“What happened?” Erza asked.

“Someone’s been attacked.”

At the man’s words, the group didn’t waste any more time as they followed him towards the park. Erza told Kimi to stay and wait for further news while they went to check things out. Kimi agreed, worries written all over her face.

"Why doesn't Kimi-chan come with us?" Hana asked. Erza shook her head, her expression solemn.

"Kimi can lose control of her magic if her emotions get unstable. So it's best if she doesn't get distressed. You remember how she blew up the guild's door that day she had a fight with Laxus?" Hana nodded. "Well, that's just a small portion of her magic. If she loses control, there's no telling what would happen," Erza explained. Hana nodded understandingly.

When they reached there, the area was already packed with people. “Please let us through. We’re from the guild,” Erza announced as she led the group towards a big tree in the middle of the park. The crowds moved, creating a pathway for the mages to pass through.

As they made it to the tree, the group gasped in shock. Lucy brought her palm to cover her mouth, her eyes widened as Hana took a step backward, not believing her eyes. Natsu was obviously fuming with anger. Three of Fairy Tail mages, Droy, Jet and Levy were hanged from their wrists on the tree. They’re all unconscious, their body beaten down and someone had painted the Phantom Lord Guild mark on their body.

“Levy-chan,” Lucy whispered, the tone of her voice pained. “Jet! Droy!” Gray called but the three remained unconscious. “Phantom!” Natsu growled, his jaw clenched, his face looked furious. Hana remained stoic, not knowing how to respond. Everyone was so tense and she was so shocked. Levy was a sweet girl, who would’ve ever had the heart to do such a terrible thing to a girl like Levy? Who were these Phantom people? What did they have against the guild? Why were they attacking us? Those questions were swimming in Hana’s thoughts but she remained quiet.

The crowd murmurs grew louder as Master Makarov came to the scene, his footsteps heavy, the staff in his hand tapped against the ground with each step he took. “Master,” Erza voiced as Makarov stood in front of his children, staring at the three injured members. He always referred to the guild members as his children and treated them as ones.

“I can stand being reduced to a run-down beer hall. But no parent can stand idle while the blood of his children is spilled,” Makarov said in an angry tone. He gripped the staff in his hand tightly and it broke into two. In his fury, his magic aura surrounded him. “To war!” he declared.

After helping the three to be taken down, Lucy and several other people took them to the infirmary meanwhile the rest of them went to a branch of Phantom Lord Guild that was located in the middle of Oak Town, in the North East of the Kingdom of Fiore. Natsu broke the door as soon as they reached there as Makarov announced their arrival.

Everything turned heated pretty quickly as Natsu began pouncing on everyone close to him with his fiery fists. “I don’t care who. Bring it on!” Natsu challenged. Everyone started fighting each other, Fairy Tail against Phantom Lord. Personally, Hana didn’t like to fight but she knew this was a fight that she just had to take part in. She was a member of the guild. Someone had dared mess with it and it’s her responsibility to protect the guild with the others.

“What a cute girl like yourself doing here?” one of the Phantom Lord’s members said, leering disgustingly at her. They were trying to make a move on her by cornering her against the wall of the room. But they were mistaken if they took her for a weakling. Raising both her hands, she plucked on a flower on the windowsill and using her magic, she expanded the stem to become a whip with thorns all over it.

“Never mess with Fairy Tail,” she said, her cute demeanour changing as she began to fight, using the whip as her weapon. The fight was pretty vicious, everyone was so angry and furious, making them fight with all the powers they had and more. Hana had made all the plants in room grow so big and the vines wrapped around any Phantom Lord members that were close to her.

“Erza!” Hana heard Master Makarov called and looked up to see he had ascended the stairs towards the second floor. “I’ll leave the rest here to you guys,” he ordered.

“Master!” Erza called.

“Jose is likely on the top floor. I’ll put him out of commission for good,” Makarov said defiantly.

“Please be careful,” Erza responded. Hana prayed silently that everything would be alright and the fight continued on. At some point during the fight, the Phantom Lord’s iron Dragon Slayer came down and fought with Natsu. Both of them were almost similar in strength and Hana watched in awe at how strong Natsu was. Natsu was serious when fighting and it’s obvious how much he cared about his friends, his family.

Not too long after that, though, the fight ceased suddenly when something fell down from the top floor and it landed exactly next to Hana. Everyone wondered what it was and Hana screamed when she realized that it was Master Makarov. Everyone turned crazy after that, when they couldn’t feel Master’s magical energy at all. However, Erza asked them all to retreat when she sensed that there’s no way they could win the fight with the Master being in that condition and Hana agreed. Natsu and Gray wanted to protest but Erza insisted.

In the middle of the chaos, Hana sensed Natsu overheard something Gajeel was saying to one other Phantom Lord’s members. “Hana,” he called, his voice all serious, his face quite scary.

“Y-yes,” Hana responded.

“Go back to the guild with the others. I have something to do,” he said and raced out with Happy. Hana didn’t have any chance to ask anything but she knew it had something to do with Lucy because she did hear the blonde’s name being mentioned. Hana then ran out of Phantom Lord with the rest of Fairy Tail.