Happily

Cold & Stuck

"I'm going to miss you." I sighed as I wrapped my arms around Nikki and she did the same.

A cab sat next to us already loaded down with her bags, waiting to take her home. We had just finished our show in New York and now it was time for her to leave. I had actually gotten used to having her around and now I was going to miss her like crazy.

"I know but I'm only phone call away. Keep me updated to on you and you know who." she said as she pulled away.

I nodded and watched her get in the cab before driving off. When the taillights turned out of the venue parking lot I sighed and headed back into the bus.

"Nikki gone?" Carson asked.

"Yep. Now it's just me and you boys again." I replied as I tossed off my coat and flopped down between him and Hunter.

"Oh don't make it sound like you actually like us or anything." Hunter said rolling his eyes.

"Oh you know I love you." I smiled and hugged his neck.

Hunter patted me on the back and went back to playing Flappy Bird on his phone as Gabe came out from the back.

"I am this close to saying screw the hotel and just sleeping here." Gabe sighed stretching out on the floor.

"Ditto." I nodded.

I was dead tired. It was late and we were waiting for the cars that were going to take us to our hotel for the night. There had apparently been a mix up leaving us to wait

As if by magic there was a knock on the door and a moment later Paul poked his head in, "The cars are here."

"Thank god." Tyler sighed and we grabbed our bags.

I piled into one of the cars, getting a seat in the back next to the window beside Gabe.

"Can we turn up the heat a bit? It's freezing back here." Tyler said as he settled himself on the other side of Gabe.

"Sorry. The heater is broken." The driver said.

We all let out a collective groan. It was at least a 30 minute ride to the hotel and it was freezing outside. At the moment I was regretting only tossing my lightest hoodie on over my track pants and tank top instead of my thicker coat and gloves which were stuffed in my bag which was at the bottom of all the other ones in the back. Sighing I pulled the jacket tighter around me, thanking my lucky stars that at least I'd pulled on a beanie to keep my ears warm.

The ride seemed to take forever and when we finally pulled up to the hotel we all nearly killed each other trying to get out of the car. When I had finally managed to shove my way out I grabbed my bag and hurried into the lobby.

"Thank god." I shuddered as the warmth engulfed my body.

"You okay?" Louis asked as I joined the queue to get our room keys.

"I'm okay. Just kinda cold. The car didn't have any heat in it." I shuddered rubbing my still partly numb hands together.

Louis reached out and took my hands between his, "Your fingers are like ice."

"Like I said...no heat." I replied.

"We'd better get them warmed up then. Don't want you to lose a finger. You wouldn't be able to play bass anymore and you'd have to leave." he replied and began to rub his hands over mine, pulling them up to his lips to blow warm air on them.

I laughed and he smiled at me. Our eyes locked and I felt my stomach stir and my heart begin to beat quicker. I couldn't help but think about the fact that those lips that were warming my fingers had been warming my lips only a couple weeks ago.

Since that morning at the hotel we hadn't exactly avoided each other but we hadn't gotten too close either. We were carrying on the same way we would every other day, just a little more aware of how close we were. It far from what I wanted but it was what was best for both of us and everyone else in the long run.

"What's going on here?"

Louis and I jumped apart as if we'd been electrocuted and turned to see Harry, his green eyes shifting between the two of us.

"I was a little cold and Louis was helping me warm up." I replied feeling my face heat up.

"Their car didn't have any heat." Louis added.

Harry nodded, "Gotcha."

Louis and I nodded back and turned around towards the line just in time to reach the front desk. He quickly got his key before giving me a wave and hurrying to join Niall and Zayn on the elevator. I gave the receptionist my name and a moment later she handed me my key leaving me to head to the elevators, happy to be away from Harry and the questions that seemed to still be lingering in his eyes.

I climbed on the first elevator that opened and hit my floor, leaning against the wall to wait for it to start moving. However just as the doors began to close a hand shot in between them and a moment later Harry was joining me on the elevator. He hit his floor number and leaned against the wall in a similar fashion to mine.

"So Rylie..." Harry said.

"So Harry..." I smirked.

He smiled, "How are you?"

"Good. You?" I replied.

He nodded, "Good. The show was awesome tonight huh?"

"It was. Tons of fun."

"Agreed." he said and suddenly became interested in the button panel on the wall.

I didn't think much of it and pulled my phone out to check my email when suddenly there was a grinding sound and the elevator shuddered to a stop. I looked up alarmed and saw that Harry had his finger pressed against the Emergency Stop button.

"Harry quit messing with buttons!" I laughed and reached out to push the button again to start us up but Harry moved in front of me.

"Not happening." he said.

"So what you just want to sit here?" I asked.

"Until I get some answers to some stuff then yes." Harry replied.

I looked at him, "Answers? What the hell are you talking about?"

"I want to know what is going on with you and Louis." he replied.

I felt my stomach drop but I quickly shook my head, "Nothing. There is nothing going on with us. Now move!"

With that I quickly shoved Harry catching him off guard enough that I was able to move him. I hit the button again and once again we began to move. However a moment later Harry reached over me and quickly hit it again, stopping us for a second time.

"No fair! You're taller than me!" I yelled and hit the button again only to have him stop us.

"Cut it out!" I snapped and pushed the button for a third time.

"Not until you tell me what is going on with you and Louis!" he replied and stopped us yet again.

"There is nothing going on!" I yelled and hit the button to make us go again.

However this time the elevator only shuddered a bit and stayed still. I hit the button again then another time and another. Nothing happened.

"You have got to be kidding me!" I growled.

"We're stuck." Harry sighed.

"No shit Sherlock!" I said throwing my hands up.

"Don't yell at me! This isn't my fault!" he replied.

"You're the one who pushed the damn button in the first place!" I said I accused.

"If you had just answered my questions then I wouldn't have pushed it!" Harry said.

"How many times do I have to tell you that there is nothing going on between us?" I replied.

Suddenly there was a ringing and I realized that it was the phone box under the panel. Crouching down I opened the little door and pulled out the phone.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Yes this is Julie from the front desk. Is there a problem with the elevator?" she asked.

I sighed, "Yes. We seem to be stuck. I think we're somewhere between the 4th and 5th floors." I replied looking at the numbers that were displayed above the door.

"Very well. Please hold tight and we'll get someone to sort out the situation as soon as possible." she said.

"Okay. Thank you." I said and hung up.

"They're going to sort out the situation as soon as possible." I sighed hanging up the phone.

"Good. That should give us time to talk." Harry said and sat down on one side of the elevator, his long legs stretched out in front of him.

I plopped down where I was, "I told you what you wanted to know. End of story."

Harry started to say something when my phone began to ring. Reaching in I pulled it out and looked at it, seeing Louis' name looking back at me.

I quickly hit the 'answer' button, "Hey."

"What's going on? Paul said something about elevator trouble?" he asked his voice worried.

I nodded even though I couldn't see me, "Yeah. Harry and I had some um...technical issues and we're stuck."

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just annoyed and tired." I sighed.

"Well we'll try to get you two out as quick as we can. If something happens call me immediately." he replied.

"Alright. No problem." I agreed.

He sighed, "Good. Now I'm going to see what we can do. I'l talk to you in a bit."

"Okay. Bye. " I said and hung up.

"What did Louis want?" Harry asked as I tucked my phone back into my jacket.

"He was just checking on us. Wait...how did you know it was Louis? You couldn't have seen my phone." I replied.

"I saw the look on your face when you looked at the screen. It was either him or Alex and I took a guess." Harry said.

"There's nothing going on between us." I repeated for what felt like the millionth time. I was starting to feel like a broken record.

Harry sighed, "Rylie just quit lying to me. You're not good at it. Everything you're thinking is written on your face."

"Am not." I muttered petulantly as I fiddled with the zip of my hoodie.

"You are too! Now we're not moving for awhile so you can either spill whatever the hell it is that you're not telling me or you can listen to me repeat myself a million bloody times. Take your pick." Harry replied.

I sighed and looked up at me. I could tell he was serious which left me torn. Having to listen to him ask me the same question for however long we were in this thing was going to be hell but on the other hand I wasn't sure I should tell him about what had happened between Louis and I. Finally I made up my mind.

"Whatever I say stays in this elevator? No one outside of you, Louis and I know what I'm about to tell you?" I asked.

"Cross my heart." he replied dragging a finger of his chest in an 'X' motion.

Taking a deep breath I sighed and nodded, "There is honestly nothing going on between Louis and I, Harry."

He rolled his eyes, "Rylie-"

I cut him off, "Are you going to listen or keep talking?"

"Sorry. Continue." he said waving a hand at me.

"Okay. So like I said there is nothing actually going on between Louis and I. At least not anymore." I replied.

"Anymore?" Harry asked.

I nodded, "Yeah even when there was it was a grand total of two kisses. No more no less, both in a 24 hour period. However we have both agreed that it's better for all of us if we just don't take it beyond that. I have Alex and he has Eleanor and things would just be...messy. I swear that's it."

Harry was silent for a few moments, seemingly interested in the hole of his jeans. The silence was deafening. I wanted him to say something even if it was calling me a whore for kissing someone with a girlfriend. Ages seemed to pass before he finally spoke.

"When did this all happen?" he asked.

"Halloween night. He helped me back to my room and then we were kissing. The second one was the next morning after we talked and decided that it was a better idea to not attempt anything." I sighed.

"Does anyone but me know about this?"

I shook my head, "Just Nikki and she's good at keeping her mouth shut."

He nodded and ran his hands through his hair, "Well you and Louis seem to have everything worked out for the most part. Just do me one favor yeah?"

"What?" I asked.

"If you two do decide to go for it keep things discreet." Harry replied.

"Harry I told you we-" but he cut me off this time.

"Rylie I know Louis and I see how he looks at you. He hasn't looked at Eleanor that way in a very long time. And I see how you look at him and it's the same way. I'm not doubting that he loves Elenore or that you love Alex but I know what I see with you two. Actually what we all see."

"What you all see?" I asked.

He grinned, "You two aren't very good at hiding things. I think Zayn and Niall have a bet going with Hunter and Carson over how long before you two end up going at it in a broom closet."

My jaw dropped, "In a broom closet? I have more class than that thank you very much!"

Harry laughed, "Just keep things discreet. Please."

I sighed, "Like I said nothing is going to happen but I will promise that if it ever does, which it won't, I will keep things as quiet as I can. I wouldn't want to cause you guys any problems with your management or anything like that."

Harry smiled, "Management isn't what I'm worried about Rylie. What I'm worried about is you. Our fans can get kind of...intense. I don't want you dealing with all that hate."

I smiled back, "Don't worry Harry I'm a big girl. I can handle myself."

Suddenly the elevator began to shudder. Both Harry and I's eyes got wide and I grabbed hold of the rail that lined the elevator, anticipating a fall. However a moment later I felt it slowly begin to move up.

"Thank god!" I sighed standing up.

"I'll second that." Harry nodded standing as well.

Soon the car slid to a stop and the doors opened. On the other side everyone stood waiting.

"Took you long enough." Harry smirked as we stepped off.

"You were in there for 30 minutes Styles not days." Paul replied but I could see he was happy to have us out of there.

"Could have had better company though." I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh and you were such great company?" Harry laughed.

I sighed and clapped him on the shoulder, "At least I didn't cry like a little girl."

Harry shook his head with a smile, "Go to bed. You're delirious."

I laughed, "That actually sounds like a plan. I will see you all in the morning when I will be taking the stairs. Night."

And with a wave I made my way towards my room. I had just reached my door when suddenly there was a hand on my wrist. Looking up I saw it was Louis.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I smiled, "I'm find Louis."

"Okay I just wanted to make sure. I don't know how you deal with small spaces or anything so I was worried." he replied.

"I'm fine however I did have a talk with Harry." I said.

Louis furrowed his brows, "About what?"

"About what happened back on Halloween. That was the reason we got stuck. He kept pushing the damn stop button, trying to make me tell him what was going on with you and I and the elevator got jammed." I replied.

"What did you tell him?" Louis asked.

I sighed, "Everything. He wouldn't settled for anything else. I told him we were just friends and that was it. He said that he wouldn't tell anyone though."

Louis nodded, "Yeah he wouldn't. Out of all the lads it was probably best for him to find out. Him or Zayn. Niall wouldn't be able to keep his trap shut and Liam would probably lecture us."

I took a deep breath and let it out, "Well he knows now so hopefully I won't be getting stuck in anymore elevators."

"Good. I was worried about you." Louis smiled.

"You shouldn't be worrying about me." I replied.

He sighed, "Can't help it. It happens. Anyhow...I'll let you get to bed. You look dead on your feet. I'll see you tomorrow." he said.

"Night." I nodded and before I could turn back to my door Louis pressed a soft kiss to my forehead.

"Night." he said as he pulled away and headed down the hall towards his room.

I watched as he disappeared around the corner before I opened my door, repeating every reason I could think of why it wasn't a good idea for him and I to be together over and over to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
So happy to finally get this out!

Everything seemed to go haywire the last few days!

First I had some family I hadn't seen in forever come to visit for a couple days and I got to hang out with my cousin who likes 1D as well which was awesome since I don't have anyone else to talk about them with.

Right after that our whole house got sick so I ended up taking care of myself then everyone else after I was better.

However I managed to sit down and bang this out!

I hope you all liked it!

Comments are welcome!

Thanks for reading!!!