The Devil Is Beautiful

I love him to death

I lay in the bed with Tate, he was holding me close twisting a strand of my curled hair between his two fingers. "Your curls are perfect" he complemented, I ignored his attempt because all I saw was his painted face walking down the hall of West field high school with a gun in his hands. I pulled my hair from him, he could tell I was still thinking about the school "Olivia" his soft deep voice began "are you scared now?" I felt his hot breath on the back of my neck.

After I didn't answer he got the hint that I was "I'm not going to hurt you" he attempted to assure me , but all I heard was the whistle song. "I could never let anybody or anything hurt you, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did" he said in a promising voice, just the sound of his voice made me melt. He rubbed my arm with his soft hand 'the devil can be beautiful' the words ran through my mind, and oh Tate was beautiful his dimpled smile, his blond angel like hair, but the eyes were the only flaw. I believed they were a bright beautiful blue, but they darkened when he lost his soul to the devil.

"I'm no different you know... that happened what feels like ages ago Liv, I'm still the same Tate you met when you moved here" he was right, I turned to face him. "I love you.." he confessed, we locked eyes for a while "I love you too" I replied, he smiled a familiar smile and then I fully realized that was Tate this is the same Tate. He looked down at my lips "can I... kiss you?" he urged, I smiled then leaned in closer pecking him on the lips. He had a smile plastered on his lips too, he leaned down and took my face pressing his soft lips on mine. Then I realized how much I missed them, the kisses kept on as my mind thought:

he killed innocent people, and a lot of them I saw the images of Tate holding the gun up to their heads shooting out their brains merciless.I was afraid these images would haunt me forever I watched his body get gunned down his body falling on the bed and bouncing to the ground "why'd you do it?" I asked breaking away, he gave me a surprised look "Olivia, this world is a sick place. I killed people to take them away from this filthy place to a better one, I kill the people I like" he explained, I thought for a minute "Like me?"

"No, no you're different you have me" he assured, I scooted back "well what if they had someone Tate? What if they had a boyfriend of girlfriend that you took them away from?" I questioned. He looked down trying to hide that he knew I was right "I love you, and that's all that that matters now" he kissed my hand that was in his. Then he started kissing my lips again, he's a monster but I can't help but still love him what am I for loving the devil himself? I guess I was just as bad as him, oh I loved him.

That night I'd have a dream about him and I walking side by side, both faces painted and my bright energetic green eyes were dark and soulless. our lips curved into grins and our minds clouded by the cocaine, Tate would always say 'it must have been the drugs' and I believed him at once. The whistle song played in our minds blocking out the begging the pleading, and the screams of the runners.

I wake up with the thought to tell him to leave to never come back that I didn't want to see his face ever again, but I could never do it because I loved him and I wouldn't know what to do after he's left. I was scared that I would regret it after wards and I would have to live with it. remembered that coke head who was so scared her hair began to turned white, and a month later she died from unknown causes.

He saw me as a beautiful innocent girl who he could prey on, he had taken my innocence and made me fall right into his trap. At first we were friends and even though my dad told me 'stay away from him he's dangerous' I let him in and he made me fall for him. He loved me too way before I knew about his dark side, he'd think of us as Romeo and Juliet throwing pebbles at my window.

I lay awake haunted by the choice I'd have to make, but I loved him to death like he did me.