Encouragement

one & done

As Kenzie held her pencil between her teeth, her eyes read over the formula repeatedly until she knew she memorized it. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, her head pounding from the stress that amounted on her shoulders. She tried to steady her breathing, knowing that the hard feeling in her throat would only grow if she didn’t calm down.

Practice was over for Patrick, he was in a good mood over the win against the Penguins and he skipped down the hallway to his apartment that he shared with his loving girlfriend. But when the door was opened, he found his girlfriend with a frown on her face and a pile of papers in front of her. This only dampened his good mood, but he quest to change if became his priority.

“Babe?” He says softly to Kenzie who becomes surprised by his sudden arrival.

“Pat, you’re back early” She says, voice faltering due to the stress that racked her brain.

“Coach let us off early for the win” He says, not tearing his eyes away from hers as his face is full of worry. “Is this for your Math exam?”

“Yeah” She breathes out with a sigh, holding back the watering eyes.

“Well I’m sure you’ll do fine babe” Patrick assures, putting his hands on her shoulders and rubbing them gently.

“I’m going to do horrible, my parents will be disappointed and I’ll end up working as an escort” Kenzie rants making Patrick laugh a bit.

“First off, you’re not going to fail, and if you did, your parents would know you did your best” Patrick explains, digging his thumbs into her tense shoulder blades making her hum out a sigh. “Secondly, you think I’d let you be an escort?”

“I just don’t want to have the burden of being a failure” Kenzie whimpers, making Patrick’s heart throb to see the love of his life doubting herself.

Patrick moves around the chair, holding out his hand, which she obligated to take and he pulled her up. He suddenly bends down, picking her up bridal style as she giggles and shrieks. Patrick spins her around once before having her straddle him on their soft chocolate coloured couch.

“You’re amazing, beautiful, smart and no other girl could ever compare to you” Patrick states, his blue eyes staring into Kenzie’s her blue ones. Kenzie blushes and looks down at her hands as she fidgets with the bottom of Pat’s black shirt.

“Thank you Pat” Kenzie says softly, leaning in and pecking his lips. His ginger beard tickling her upper lip.

Patrick holds her tightly against him, pushing her hair behind her shoulder, allowing him to kiss along her neck and collarbone.

“I love you” Patrick sings, making Kenzie laugh.

“I love you too Patrick Kane” Kenzie replies, twirling her finger into one of his curls.

“You’re going to ace it” Patrick says, rubbing her back and they both lean their heads on each other’s shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
hehe