Status: Love always

The Well Awaited Kiss

Rude awakenings

Sidney's POV

I woke up to the soft humming of machines and a steady beeping noise, I didn't for the life of me know what was going on. Last I knew we were winning 2-1 and I was ready to start a power play. I looked down at my hand and noticed a white bracelet which said crosby S, with my weight and height next to it. That's when I realized I was in the hospital, but why?

(Y/N) POV

I grabbed my coffee and started back towards Sidney's room. I had been up all night waiting to make sure he was going to be okay, he was rushed into emergency surgery to help realign what they could of what we now knew was a broken jaw ,broken nose, 5 lost teeth, a black eye, 32 stitches to a now probably swollen lip and a minor concussion. Just thinking about it made my stomach sick. The poor guy could never catch a break.

I opened the door to see my bruised boyfriend gently awakening, I set my coffee down on the table and sat down on the chair next to him, he sat up and looked at me, " oh (Y\N), what happened to me" he asked? I gently ran my fingers over his cheek but surrendered when he winced in pain. I explained to him what happened and slowly he began to remember the events that took place just a few short hours ago. "(Y/N), what happens now"? He said softly, "I don't know Hun " I replied, because I really didn't.

We continued to talk and laugh about the randomest if things, that's the way sid and I are. We aren't always lovey dovey but we enjoy laughing, we were like best friends who just happened to fallen in love over time. "I can't wait to get out of here" he said "uh me either", he gently squeezed my hand. We both leaned in to kiss each other, But just as our lips were about to meet the doctor came in.

"Ah ah ah" he said, we both pulled back and blushed a bit. "Sorry doc" Sid said "it was only gonna be a kiss nothing more" he stated, I nodded in agreement. "Oh no, that's not what I was implying" the grey bearded doctor chuckled. "You two not kissing was not for my awkwardness of walking in, it's because you can't". "What"? We both said in unison. "It seems mr.crosbys busted jaw and lip will partly have to realign on it's own, it's natural growth and redevelopment is a naturally occurring process which takes about 3 months to compete, but during the three months it cannot be tampered with, even the slightest amount of pressure to the jaw could impact it greatly and risk improper healing". The doctor then gave us some time to talk before prescribing Sid some pain medication and further instructions then we could leave.

As we walked out of the hospital, sidney grabbed my hand and held it tighter then usual. Yes I knew that it was going to be hard to go through these next few months but I knew this experience was only going to make us love each other more and I was ready for it.

Sidney's POV

As we left the hospital I grabbed (Y/N)'a hand and held it tighter then usual. I wondered if she noticed. I was actually kinda scared, three whole months without so much as even a kiss on the cheek, I didnt know how long I could go for without bursting. I already wanted to at least peck her on the cheek as a thank you for being here with me but I couldn't even do that. It broke my heart. Plus we were supposed to be engaged right now, how was I supposed to propose and not kiss her afterwards. I know either way (y\n) would understand, she's always been easy to please and loves me no matter what. I was still really scared. What if she leaves me because she's to stressed from all this, being a lawyer and now probably having to take care of her boyfriend like he's 3 years old, I didn't wanna put her through it even thought she would do it 10 times more with a smile on her face because she loves me. I sighed, this is going to be much harder then I thought.