The Only Hope for Me Is You

Mama, We All Go To Hell

I woke up, curled up slightly against Gerard. He was sketching with one hand and I glimpsed at it.
"You... Draw?"
"Morning.. Yea I always have. I was just better at sports."
I peeked up at him.
"Still... Mad?"
"Unbelievably.. But what kind of brother would I be if I left you to suffer like this?"
"Crap."
He laughed.
"You could put it like that."
"You.. Stay.. Night?"
"Yea I stayed here all night Mikes.. You looked too comfy."
I smiled weakly and tried to sit up. He helped me lay in bed.
"I'll go get you some food. Dad went out to go get Grandmama and Gramps."
I nodded and hid my face under the duvet, peeking out at him. He pulled a face and giggled.
"Choc chip pancakes?"
I nodded eagerly and lay there whilst he disappeared. I stared at the fading stars painted on my ceiling.

~~~~~

"Reach for them baby boy."
I stretched up, squealing as my mother lifted me higher. I pressed my palm against a star and screamed happily.
"You're gonna be a star one day my lil Mikes."
I hugged her and gave her cheek a sloppy kiss. She made a face and giggled.

~~~~

I woke up crying. I wanted my Mommy.
"M-Mom."
I forced myself up and gripped the side of my bed, panting hard. It took so much effort. I swung my lower body around and shakily stood up. I fell down immediately and tried to push myself up. My entire body screamed in pain and something snapped in my back. The intense pain caused me to scream.
"Mik- MIKEY!"
I watched Gerard call Daddy, talking in a rush.
"Back.. hurts.. bad. Gee-Bear.. Help."
He reached down and held me hand as I screamed when my back twinged. I sobbed into the floor, eventually passing out.