Status: Incomplete

Wonders of the Sea

Chapter 3

Lorelei could feel her life slipping away, everything was turning black, even so she could see a small blurred figure in the distance. Suddenly she was able to breathe, her lungs became clear and her eyes opened widely. She was still sinking, unable to fight against the current. What was happening to her? The figure in the distance got closer and she swore she saw a beautiful creature approach her. But it all went blank and she no longer was conscious.
Everything was dark and spinning. Where was she? Her body was heavy, she was having trouble trying to move.
“Are you awake now?” A lovely woman's voice spoke. “You probably shouldn’t try to move much, looked like you went through a lot.” Her voice was so poetic, it calmed Lorelei.
“Who are you? Where am I?” She asked, still very confused as to what was going on.
The woman smiled. “Needn’t worry now, my dear. You will learn all in time.”
Lorelei looked closely at the woman. She was extremely beautiful, her hair a ruby red, her eyes the colour of pearls, and her tail… Her tail?! It was the colour of fire lilies. What was she? Why did she have a tail? And what exactly was going on? The beautiful fish-woman noticed her staring.
“You know, if you’re that amazed by me, you should take a look at yourself,” She winked teasingly at Lorelei.
Looking down at herself, she noticed her body was unclothed. Blushing brightly at the thought of being nude in front of another lady she also noticed that she, just like the beautiful creature looking at her also had a tail. But unlike the woman, her tail was a dark purple colour. It reminded her of the way the sky looked on the night she first met Oliver..
She began to think about Oliver… Where could he have been? Would he be searching for her, worried? Why was she even thinking about him? He wasn’t there when she needed him so there was no need to ever think of him again. It was his fault this all happened anyway. Everything was messed up because she fell foolishly in love with a good for nothing sailor boy. It was better this way.
Oliver was soaked to the bone. He couldn’t control the tears that threatened to pour from his eyes. The one and only good thing in his life now gone…
The ship docked early the next morning. Oliver took his time getting off board. What was he going to do now? This was England… Home of the rich snobs he hated so much. Worst of all, how was he supposed to explain to Lorelei’s parents what had happened. That’s even if he could find them. He departed from the docks and started asking around. But after awhile, he became restless and gave up. Instead he now started looking for a job so he could leave the place.
Looking around he could only see happy people, doing happy things. Why did this happen? How did this happen?
There was a sudden urge in him that made him want-- need to know what happened to her. She couldn’t have just disappeared. That wasn’t the way things worked.