Status: New Story!

Pretty Little Slytherin

Chapter Two

When May left the hall she took a bite from her apple before feeling a tug on her unoccupied wrist as a large hand wrapped around it, yanking her backwards to face a tall red-headed guy. Fred Weasley, or was it George? Either way, May didn’t care.

She scowled at him, pulling her wrist out of his tight grip as they made eye-contact.

“Can I help you with something?” She asked curtly.

“I saw you looking at Harry, whatever it is that’s you’re thinking about, forget it,” he said warily.

For a moment May was caught off guard, she forgot that other people weren’t like her own house, unlike Slytherin the other houses cared about their own.

“Oh?” May managed to find her voice, eyes narrowed down as she glared at one of the prankster Weasley twins, “for all you know, I could have a crush on him,” she said, testingly.

“Well if you did, I reckon you wouldn’t admit it, after all you are the Ice Queen,” he scoffed.

May wasn’t sure why but his retort hurt her more than it should, after all she was used to being called those kinds of names from her own house, but this was the first time she’d ever been called Ice Queen from someone outside of it.

“What do you know,” May sneered, turning on her heel and storming off.

May made her way back up to the Slytherin common room mumbling under her breath about being home sick. She managed to gather all her things together before gliding back down to the common room. May was in her fifth year at Hogwarts and the only friend she really had was another fifth year in Hufflepuff. But even then May kept her guard up.

May was about to head to class when she spotted a second year student practising a spell on a pot plant, the plant was dried up and in some places it was scorched. A wave of anger overcame May and she strode over to the boy.

“What on mother’s earth do you think you’re doing?” She yelled, catching the boy off guard and frightening him, as she snatched the boy’s wand out of his hand without giving him a chance to reply and holding it out of his reach.

“I was just practising a spell so I don’t fail my charms test today,” he cried, his eyes were wide and he glanced around, having not heard May approach.

“Not on a plant you aren’t,” she hissed, shoving his wand back into his chest roughly and pushing him towards the unlit fireplace, “that’s where you should be practising, you moron,”

May’s heart beat wildly in her chest, she knew she had been harsh, perhaps having taken some of her anger out on the poor boy but she wasn’t going to apologize any time soon. She turned back to the dying plant; it had once been a beautiful small rose bush. May’s hand reached out and she touched the trunk for a moment, closing her eyes for a few seconds as she sighed before opening her eyes back up and leaving the almost empty common room.

The scorched rose bush started to turn a healthy hue as it revived, blooming as if by magic, but no magic had been used.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I've had this chapter planned for so long but I only wrote it all out yesterday and finally typed it out today, sorry for the long wait and I hope you found this interesting!