‹ Prequel: American Soldier
Status: Updates come when Comments are recieved

Wounded Warrior No More

Keeping it a Secret

We all got to the studio today before Larry could get here and started working on the album for a little while. Larry finally walked into the room a few minutes before we had to go on break and Matt told Larry what Blaze had told me yesterday.

"You guys want to start a fund for the wounded Vets in California?"

"Yeah. I think it would be a great thing to do since we all are big supporters of the military." Matt said and Larry had his thinking look on. His look was different than anyone else’s. When he was really thinking about something he would rock back and forth in one of the rolling chairs with his arms crossed over his chest.

"I like it. I think we should take all the money we get on tickets, concessions, and merch plus ask people for donations at each place to get this money together. And to show that I'm very supportive of this just like you all are, I'll put in the first 10 grand."

"We'll all put in 10 grand." Jimmy said smiling.

"I'll put up a donation link on my clothing site."

"I'll run the idea by my dad and see what he thinks about it." Brian said nodding.

"We have to keep this a secret though. I want it to be a surprise for Blaze. Speaking of her, I need to get over to the diner. She's expecting me for lunch." I got up from my seat and left the building. I took the same route I did yesterday to the diner where Blaze was already there. I went inside after parking my car and she had us a table. I just hope that she doesn't suspect anything while I keep this secret from her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Blaze’s POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All through the lunch Zacky and I had, I could feel something was off with him. He looked happier than he did yesterday but also something was preoccupying his mind. I didn’t want to question it because it might be about something with the album and that would be none of my business. We made some good conversation while we ate. Zacky asked about the accident even though Payge had read them the letter I wrote but I guess he wanted to hear it from my perspective. I told him about the Evac Hospital that took so much care of me and when I went to Walter Reed. He told me that Payge had been planning with Matt to come and see me and I’m glad they did. I was missing my sister and I wanted to officially meet the man who’s married my baby sister.

As I was driving back to the mall, I couldn’t help but think back to when Zacky first arrived to the diner today. The smile he had on his face when he saw me was a friendly one. I mean like how best friends smile at each other or how someone smiles when they’ve found someone. I wouldn’t blame Zacky for finding someone. I mean he is a very attractive man and he could have any girl he wants. Me on the other hand…I’ll never find someone. I have one leg and tons of scars from me being a Prisoner of War. I can’t even enjoy a day at the beach like Payge does because I don’t want anyone seeing all these fucking scars!

“Blaze? Blaze?” I was knocked from my thoughts when Jerry snapped his fingers in front of my face.

“What?” I asked. I wonder how long he’s been calling my name.

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah I’m fine. Why do you ask?” I questioned and he leaned up against the counter.

“I was calling your name for five minutes and all you did was stare at the counter like you were in some kind of trance.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t realize I was. Do you need something?” I asked ready to get up.

“This may be none of my business but have you been having nightmares?”

“Does it show?” I asked and he nodded his head yes.

“Blaze I know how you feel. I had the nightmares when I came home from the war. I would do the same thing you did a few minutes ago. I would stare at nothing and worry people half to death.”

“I didn’t mean to worry you.” I said truthfully.

“It’s all good but are you busy after work?”

“No. I was just going to go straight home. Why?” I answered.

“Come with me to a meeting tonight. It’ll probably help you.”

“What kind of meeting?” I asked curiously.

“It’s for people like you. There are some young people there who have recently came back home from Iraq and Afghanistan. I think it will benefit you to hear what they have to say.”

“Sure I’ll go. What time does it end?” I asked.

“It ends at 9.”

“Okay. I better call my sister and tell her that I won’t be home for a few hours.” I said but what am I going to tell her?

“Alright and when you’re done with your call, come to the back so we can clean a few weapons.” I nodded and Jerry left me. I picked up the store’s phone and called Payge’s cell. She answered quickly and I told her that I wouldn’t be home at the regular time because I had to work a little longer. I don’t know why I lied to her but I’m guessing I just don’t want her to know about this meeting until I see how it goes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Please I won't judge your comments. I value my readers and their opinions whether they be good or bad. I'm going to go ahead and give you all the second part of this chapter tonight as well.