‹ Prequel: American Soldier
Status: Updates come when Comments are recieved

Wounded Warrior No More

An Unforgetable Gift

It's been a little over 3 months since Zacky had proposed to me on stage, my former General and Colonel presenting me with a check, and Matt giving me the large sum of money that was collected. From the 10,000 dollars we collected in the store and all the money that was given to me...we've collected over 660,000 bucks. That's more than enough to buy the large piece of land Jerry had scoped out, build the rifle range, and build a home for Zacky and I to live in. Jerry has told the customers who come into the store about what happened while he was away and they were more than happy to hear that the building will soon begin after we settle on the final layout for the firing range and Zacky and I agree on what the house should look like.

On top of making building plans for our new home and the rifle range, I'm planning my wedding but at least I have the girls and my sister to help me out with that. Payge is handling the wedding invitations and the set up of both the ceremony decorations and reception, Michelle has the floral arrangements plus making sure my hair is all dolled up for the occasion, Lacey is in charge of getting the special designed tuxedos and dresses, and Leana is in charge of catering for the reception and in just a short couple of weeks I'll be standing in front of my friends and family accepting the marriage I've been waiting so long to have. I want everything to go smoothly and there to be absolutely no drama from anyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damn I hate when days go by so fast. Last week while I was continuing to plan my wedding, I got to see the last little bit of the firing range and my brand new home being finished. Jerry and I decided that we wouldn't have a grand opening of the range until I had gotten back from my honeymoon because he said it wouldn't be right if I wasn't here to see it. I couldn't agree more with Jerry. I've helped him from day one to get the money for this firing range and it really wouldn't feel right if I wasn't there to see the opening. Anyways, I got to look around the house Zacky and I will sharing for the rest of our lives and everything was decorated to how we wanted it. Mine and Zacky's room has a king size bed with a red and black bedset, a large dresser with a mirror sat in the middle of one of the walls, we had a bathroom in our room that was accessable to my needs plus a walk in closet for bathroom items. The bedroom's walk in closet had shelving that I could easily reach without having to stretch too far. I made sure to have 4 guest rooms just in case everyone decided to stay over sometime. The kitchen was huge and the flooring was like a black and white checkered board. I've always thought it was cool. The living room area had a huge entertainment center that would be great for movie nights and when Zacky's playing Call of Duty and the hardwood made the black leather couches pop out to anyone who walked into the room. Zacky designed his own mancave and I had my own...well as I like to call it, The Marine's Cave. Down there I have all the weapons I've ordered from Jerry's store plus the few pictures I was able to take of myself and some of my closest friends who I miss deeply. The walls were painted with the traditional Marine Corp colors, a long desk sits against the wall where I'll be cleaning the weapons, a gun safe is placed on a wall next to a display case that has my medals and the BDUs that I used to wear when I was in combat.

Now to get back to the present day, tonight the girls are giving me a bachelorette party for tomorrow I am to be Mrs. Zackary James Baker. I'm partly nervous about tomorrow because Zacky and I have decided to write our own vows. I want it to go smoothly without me messing up anything or saying the wrong thing but on the other hand I'm very anxious to hear what Zacky has written. I finished getting ready and I made my way downstairs where I would be riding with Payge to Leana's house because the guys were going over to Zacky's place. I went into the kitchen where Payge stood behind the bar sealing up 3 bags.

"Hey sis." I said smiling and she jerked the bags off the counter.

"Hey are you ready to head over to Leana's?" I nodded and she walked around the bar with the bags clutched tightly in her hands. I shook my head at her as I left the house first and got into the car. She locked up the house and joined me in the car before leaving the driveway and going over to Leana's house. Payge pulled into the driveway where the girls cars were parked in various places in the drive. Payge parked behind Michelle's car and we went inside. The place was decorated with streamers and I could tell they went all out with gifts as Payge and I went into the living room.

"There's our guest of honor!" Michelle said beaming as she hugged me.

"I see you girls had fun decorating Leana's home."

"It was actually fun. We thought it would be cool to do the decore in the same colors as what your wedding is going to be." Leana said entering into the room with a plate of finger food. She placed the plate down on the coffee table and gave me a hug which I returned. Lacey was next to give me a hug.

We started out the night with some music and eating the food Leana prepared for us. She's actually a very good cook. I had to stop myself from eating too much. Next thing I know, Leana is handing me a beer and Payge is pulling me off of the couch begging me to dance with her. Evidently she wanted me to get in some last minute dance praticing but I didn't want to overwork my bad leg. I'd hate to be standing in front of everyone and be shifting my weight to my good leg. I think it would look like I was bored or something but at least I was having fun tonight.

"Okay I think it's time for presents!" Lacey said clapping her hands together as she smiled.

"Open this one first." Lacey handed me a huge wrapped gift. I torn into the paper and found that it was a plain box. Lacey took a knife and cut the tape and I pulled it open.

"Oh my...Lacey you didn't have to do this." I said smiling as I pulled out the mosaic picture of me and Zacky.

"I thought you all needed something special to go over the mantle in your new home and what better way to fill that big empty space than with a picture of you guys." I gave her tight hug and thanked her for the beautiful picture. The peices of the picture were made of glass of all different colors and it was just a spectacular gift. Leana gave me this great silverware and plate set. Michelle thought it would be funny to get me some very revealing clothing to entice Zacky with. I couldn't help but laugh when she gave me her famous smirk.

"Payge, where did you find these?" I said as I held up the skull and crossbones prosthesis padding.

"I had to order them to be custom made. The other bag is filled with ones that have the POW and MIA flags on them and the Marine Corp Semper Fidelis and Semper Fi in bold gold letters."

"Thanks sis. This means so much." I said hugging her as tightly, if not tighter, than I did the other girls.

"That's not the end of my gift giving though. I have to put this on you before you can get your other gift." Payge held up a blindfold and I was a little leery about being blinded. I nodded to her with a smile on my face and she tied the bandana around my head.

"What do you see?"

"Darkness." I said chuckling. She took my hand and led me through some part of the house until I felt the cool breeze on my arms.

"What are we doing outside?" I asked curiously.

"Don't move from that spot." I listened to the sound of feet shuffling around me and I tired to figure out what they were doing.

"Are you ready for your final surprise?" Payge asked me and I could tell just by the sound of her voice that she was smiling.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Hold out one of your hands." she said and I did. Something cool was placed into my hand as she took off the bandana. I looked down at the keys in my hand and then Payge and the girls pulled a large sheet off of the object in the driveway.

"Surprise!" they shouted at the same time. I looked on in shock as I gazed upon the black and white 2014 Dodge Challenger that sat in front of me. I looked over at Payge with my mouth hanging wide open.

"Matt and I thought you could use your own car."

"Payge...I don't know what to say." I said dumbfounded.

"How about you start her up." I walked over to the driver's side and got into the car. I put the new set of keys into the ignition and let the engine roar to life. The powering sound of the Hemi engine made my soul fill with happiness. I turned off the car and shut the door as I got out. I almost jumped into Payge's arms when I hugged her.

"This is the best gift anyone could ever give me. Thanks Payge." I said with my arms still tightly around my younger sister's torso.

"You're more than welcomed Blaze. You gave me your car when you went off to war so I'm returning the favor." I kept my sister close to me. She's the best sister I could have ever had. This is going to be one thing I'll never be about to thank her enough for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? I think there's only going to be like 3 more chapters for this story. Hopefully those of you who are reading this story will at least give me some feedback on what you think about this story.