‹ Prequel: American Soldier
Status: Updates come when Comments are recieved

Wounded Warrior No More

Let's Have a Wedding

When the bachelorette party was over last night, I decided to stay at Leana's with the girls so they could get me ready over here. When we get over to the firing range for the actual wedding, they would give me last minute touch ups. I read over the piece of paper in my hand that I had written my vows to Zacky on as I waited for it to be time to head out. I can't believe my life has gone by so fast. It seems like yesterday that I was a teenage girl going to school and balancing a job to support my younger sister. Now I'm getting married to the most wonderful man I could have ever imagined. Zacky has been there for me through everything I've struggled with and I love him so damn much. There's nothing in this world that could change that. A knock to the guest bedroom door pulled me away from my thoughts.

"Come in." I said folding the paper up as Payge walked into the room in her dress.

"Are you ready sis?"

"More than ready Payge." I said standing to my feet. I walked with my Maid of Honor out of Leana's house and we got into my new car. I led the convoy of cars out of Huntington Beach and a few miles into the wooded lands of California. I pulled into the long paved driveway and parked close to the reception area. Zacky and the guys weren't here yet so I led the girls into my beautiful home. They all complimented me on the design and I made a mental note to show them around when I get back from where ever Zacky has planned us to go on our honeymoon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I checked the clock on the wall every five minutes for the past hour and a half biding the time until the start of the wedding. The guys had gotten here a few minutes ago and I watched as they all walked up the isle right behind Zacky. My nerves were beginning to get me as I watched them wait for me to appear.

"Payge?" I turned to see my sister standing in the doorway of my living room.

"It's time." I took a deep breath and nodded my head. I followed Payge out of the house and met Jerry as the music started playing. My sister walked up the isle first and I could see Matt staring at her. I chuckled lightly as I watched my bride's maids go up the isle behind her. I looked over at Jerry and we slowly walked up the isle. Zacky's eyes met mine and his smile made my nerves instantly calm. Jerry gave my hand to Zacky's and gave him a nod of approval.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man and woman in Holy Matrimony. Marriage is a very sacred unity between the two persons standing here before you today. It's something that shouldn't be taken lightly or on a whim. Marriage seals the bond 2 people have for each other and a committment that will last a lifetime. I've come to understand that the bride and groom have written their own vows and would like to share them with you but before we proceed, I must ask if there's anyone here who thinks that neither of these 2 people should be married...speak now or forever hold your peace." The preacher explained and I looked out into the crowd of people. No one got up and I sent a smile to Zacky.

"Zacky, will you please share your vows." I watched as Zacky pulled a piece of paper from the pocket of the suit jacket.

"I love you...not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you...not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you...for the part of me that you bring out. I love you...for putting your hand into my heaped-up heart and passing over all the foolish, weak things that you can't help dimly seeing there and for drawing out
into the light. All the beautiful belongings that no one else had looked quite far enough to find. I love you because you are helping me to make of the lumber of my life...not a tavern but a temple out of the works of my every day. Not a reproach but a song. I love you because you have done more than any creed could have done to make me good and more than any fate could have done
to make me happy. You have done it without a touch, without a word, without a sign. You have done it...by being yourself." Zacky said with his voice full of love and his eyes full of passion. I squeezed his hands and fought back the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes.

"Blaze, would you please read the vows you've written for Zacky?" I pulled the paper from the front fo my dress and unfolded the sheet of paper.

"For as long as I could remember...I've been fighting battles that seemed to never end. Battles aren't just fought physically...they're fought both mentally and emotionally. Zacky...when you came into my life when I stepped back on American soil, you've been there. You've watched me try and fight the demons I've held within but just when I thought you would run away and never come back...you proved me wrong. You stuck by my side like my comrades did overseas. You helped me overcome the hellish images that invaded my dreams and you accepted me for what I am on the inside and not on the outside. Over time our love grew stronger and we've created a bond that can never be broken. I love you Zacky with every being in my heart and in my soul. Nothing in this world...and no one in this world could ever make me stop loving you the way I do." I said reading from the paper as I looked into Zacky's green eyes. I folded the paper back up and slipped it into the front of my dress.

"What Blaze and Zacky have said to each other today, is so very touching. Two hearts have grown to become one. So without further adieu... Zackary James Baker, do you take Major Blaze Rossi to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold through sickness and in health til death do you part?"

"I do." He said as he looked deep into my eyes.

"And do you Major Blaze Rossi, take Zackary James Baker to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold in sickness and in health til death do you part?"

"I do." I stated smiling at Zacky.

"Zacky, please place the ring on her finger and repeat after me: With this ring, I thee Wed." Zacky slipped the beautiful ring onto my finger.

"With this ring, I thee Wed." He said smiling.

"Blaze, place the ring on Zacky's finger and repeat after me: With this ring, I thee Wed."

"With this ring, I thee Wed." I said taking Zacky's right hand and slipping the gold band onto his third finger.

"By the authority vested in me, by the state of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Zacky pulled me closed and kissed my lips with all the passion and love he had in his soul. Everyone stood up clapping their hands for us as the music began to play. Zacky and I interlocked our arms as walked back down the isle. The tears I was holding back flowed from eyes in happiness. I have a new life...it's a happy ending to a life filled with tragedy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? I thought I would give you guys 2 chapters for today since I don't know if I'll be on later to post again. I'm getting me some relaxation time down by the lake with nothing but a fishing pole in my hand and the rippling of the water. Don't worry this isn't the end of the story. I think I'm going to be writing at least 2 more chapters.