‹ Prequel: American Soldier
Status: Updates come when Comments are recieved

Wounded Warrior No More

The Grand Opening

Italy was just amazing! Zacky showed me a few of his favorite things about Venice and I sure as hell was enjoying the late night sex. We stayed in Venice for a few days before moving onto Rome where we took some tours of the Colesseum, the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel where the famous artist Michelangelo painted the amazing pictures on the ceiling, and we even went to a few art museums. I learned something completely new about Zacky when we went to one of the many art museums. He has a love for art. It seems so strange coming from a rocker like him to be so interested in art but every where we go he surprises me with something new.

We've been back in California for a little over 4 days and the guys have helped Zacky and I move our things over to the new home I had built. I went back to Jerry's gun store after we got everything put away and I showed him some of the pictures I had taken. He had been to Rome and Venice both and seeing the pictures brought back some pleasant memories for him. I told him some of the places we had went to and he always had an answer to what was there. I swear he's been everywhere in Italy and he's told me some things that I didn't even know. I'm on my break and I joined Jerry to have lunch in the food court.

"Blaze, can I ask you something?"

"You can ask me anything Jerry." I said nodding as I wiped my mouth.

"How would you like to have the grand opening for the firing range on Monday?"

"That would be great. We can use the rest of this week to get people to sign up and after we have the ribbon cutting, whoever is in charge of the range can begin the first lesson." I said in agreement.

"You're going to be in charge of the lessons."

"I am?" I asked smiling.

"Of course! I can run the store myself and during the times you don't have any classes you can deliver the orders as always. Besides I didn't get you a wedding gift and you're the one who made this dream of mine come true. It just wouldn't be right if I didn't let you be in charge of it after everything you've done."

"Thanks Jerry...it's a real honor." I said almost flabbergasted.

"No it's a real honor for me to have such a dedicated employee." We finished our lunch and I had a little time before I needed to get back to the store so I sat behind the counter and made out 2 signs that said Accepting applications and memberships for the firing range. I put one of the signs into the window and another on the counter so people who didn't see the sign would be able to see it now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's closing time and over the last few hours, we've gotten over a dozen people already signed up for classes and memberships to the firing range. I took every application and membership form so I could go shopping tomorrow for anything I would need to have the whole thing organized. I said goodbye to Jerry and left the mall parking lot to drive home. Now I'm jumping with excitement to see how many people show up for our grand opening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The week went by faster than I thought it would and it was now Monday morning. Jerry was over here along with my sister, Michelle, Lacey, Leana, and the guys. I dressed in my Class A uniform as a TV News crew set up at the firing range. A few minutes before our opening people were piling into the place. I stood beside Jerry welcoming the people who came in until one of the reports came over to us.

"Major Baker, we'd like to congradulate you on your marriage but what gave you the idea for a firing range?"

"Thank you but it wasn't my idea. Jerry brought the subject up to me one day at work and I thought it was a great idea. Then we started asking our customers what they thought about having a firing range and all of them were thrilled about having one." I said answering the news woman's question.

"You mean you didn't get any flack about having a place like this?"

"We did have some people who thought the idea of have a place that teaches the proper way to handle a firearm and the right way to clean your weapon was a waste of time and could be dangerous but it's mine and Jerry's policy to do extensive background checks on the people who want to come here to make sure they have no criminal record." I explained and the woman nodded her head.

"I think the firing range is a good thing to have. Do you have an age limit?"

"Yes. We will not school or allow anyone under the age of 21 to fire any kind of weapon at this facility. You can bring your children but I'm always out here keeping an eye out on everyone and if I see someone firing a weapon they are not supposed to...their membership or application for training will be terminated and they will not be allowed to step on the premises for one year." I said truthfully.

"That sounds pretty harsh."

"I know but it's the only way we could set a good rule." I said nodding my head.

"It's always good to have safety rules. So how long are you accepting applications for membership and training and what will the hours be?"

"We're accepting applications everyday of the week and our hours are 8 AM to 7PM Monday through Friday and then for Saturdays only, I'm teaching classes on how to clean your weapons from 8 AM to noon." I said looking at Jerry for conformation and he nodded his head.

"Mr. Kyltowsky, could you please tell us your hours of business and where you're located?"

"I sure can. We're open Monday through Friday 7AM to 6Pm and Saturday from 8AM to 3 PM. We're located in the Huntington Beach Mall in the surrounding area of the food court." Jerry explained. He's so calm and unnervous when the camera is pointed on him. I wonder if he's ever done this before.

"Thank you. You heard it here first folks so come on down and put in your application at the Jerry's Guns and More for classes and memberships to the Blazing Firing Range. This is Marlisa Harpers on location." I watched the camera man drop the camera down and the anchor woman thanked us for letting them come out.

Jerry and I went to the ribbon as people gathered around. A Newspaper photographer took tons of pitcures as we stood with the giant pair of sissors in our hands. We counted to three before cutting the ribbon. The crowd of people cheered and now to teach the first class ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last class of the day just left and I couldn't believe how many people were in one class. They all listened to everything I had to say and actually wanted to learn about their weapons. My life used to be all about taking care of my baby sister and keeping us from getting separated but now it's about what I want to do and be with the one person I've always dreamed about. I don't think my life could get any better than this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? I decided that since I gave u 2 of the final chapters of the story...that I would just go ahead and finish it off for you. I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it but now I got to start writing some chapter on the last and final story. Be on the lookout for the first chapter of Surviving an Endless War