Status: Complete

I Will Not Bow

Chapter 1

"Have a good day." Autumn Wheeler said to the customer as she left.

"Another customer?" Her co worker Manny asked.

"Yep a grandma she ordered a dozen doughnuts for her grandkids and gave me a tip." She said.

"If we're lucky she'll tell her friends about us." Manny said.

"Let's hope." Autumn said.

Sweets from Above which was a combination of a coffee shop and a pastry store had been struggling to make a profit for months.

Usually the unique coffees and the sugary pastries which were made by Autumn brought people from all around. Nowadays business was slow and the shop was in danger of shutting down permanently.

"It's almost closing time Autumn." Manny said reappearing from the back.

Autumn looked seeing it was almost ten minutes to five which is the time they closed on Sundays.

"Maybe one more customer will come in before we close." Autumn said hopefully.

However the minutes quickly went by and the bell on the door remained still.

Autumn sighed. "Another day gone by without even a two digit number of customers."

"Don't give up Autumn." Manny said squeezing her arm. "I know it looks bad but your determination and desire to keep this place afloat is what's keeping us going."

Autumn managed a small smile. "Thanks Manny." She said as they cleaned up and walked out the door.

"What's your plans for tonight?" Manny asked as he locked up.

"I have mid terms coming up gotta get ready for that." Autumn said.

"Aaw I was gonna ask if you wanted to get a drink." Manny said.

"I'm sorry Manny." She said then smiled. "How bout this Friday?"

He grinned. "Sounds good to me." He said then hugged her. "See you later."

"Bye Manny." Autumn said and got in her car.

She arrived at the apartment complex where she shared an apartment with her roommate and best friend Becca.

"Becca I'm home." Autumn said as she walked in. "Becca?" She said putting her keys on the table.

"I'm in my room." Becca called out.

Autumn walked down the hallway and turned to her left where the door was open to find Becca on the computer. Lately Becca had been chatting with a person through a chat room.

She had been chatting with this person to the point she was starting to neglect her school work.

"Sup?" Becca asked not looking from the computer.

"Nothing you still chatting with Mr. Anonymous?" Autumn asked standing behind Becca.

"Yep." Becca said typing and sending a message.

"Bec mid terms are coming up and you haven't been studying." She said.

"I've been busy talking to him." Becca said her eyes dancing with excitement.

Autumn rolled her eyes. "Talking to Mr. Anonymous?"

"No longer anonymous his name is Synyster Gates." Becca said.

"Synyster Gates?" Autumn asked. "What kind of name is that?"

"It's probably just a chat name or nickname but who cares what his name is he's a hottie!" Becca said.

Autumn looked to see a picture of a guy with shoulder length hair, brown eyes that were smoldering, arms covered with tattoos, and a medium sized build.

"Isn't he smoking?" Becca asked dreamily.

"Bec do you have any idea how many pervs roam chat rooms?" Autumn asked. "You don't know if that's really him."

"Well I'm gonna find out tonight cause he invited me to a party he and his friends are throwing." Becca said.

"You're not reality going are you?" Autumn asked.

"You think I'd passed up a piece of that?" Becca said pointing. "Then again if you're so worried bout it why don't you come along?"

"I'm not going to some strangers house who you met online." Autumn said.

"Please Autumn?" Becca asked. "I don't want to go by myself and who knows you might meet someone there."

Autumn rolled her eyes then met Becca's pleading baby blues before sighing and saying...

"I'll go with you."