Status: Complete

I Will Not Bow

Chapter 16

Autumn followed Daryl closely as he lead the way to his friends the Rhees house. She glanced in the rearview mirror at Piper who was still sleeping.

She didn't like the idea of leaving Piper with total strangers but of her and Daryl were gonna work together she had to trust him.

Daryl slowed down and Autumn followed suit as he stopped and parked in front of a blue house. She killed the engine to her car and got out as Daryl walked over.

"This is their house?" She asked.

"I know kinda dull looking but Glenn and Maggie are anything but dull." He said. "Been married for almost four years and still get on my nerves with how affectionate they are."

Autumn laughed softly as she got Piper out her seat and put the baby bag over her shoulder. She followed Daryl up the path, up the stairs, and onto the porch.

Daryl rang the doorbell. Autumn listened hearing a set of footsteps coming closer. The porch light came on and the door opened revealing an Asian looking man.

"Daryl Dixon didn't know you were in town." Glenn said pushing open the screen door and hugging him. "It's been forever."

"Hasn't been that long." Daryl said hugging him back.

"Sure feels like it." Glenn said then noticed Autumn. "Well hello."

"Hi." Autumn said as she heard another set of footsteps come down and another person joined them.

A woman with short black hair appeared. "Dixon you've got explaining to do about not visiting." Maggie said with a stern look before her face broke into a smile d she hugged him.

"Sorry been real busy." Daryl said.

"Understandably." Maggie said then saw Autumn holding Piper who was now awake. "Who is this?" Maggie asked with a smile.

"I'm Autumn and this is Piper." She said.

"She's adorable." Maggie said giving Piper a little wave. "Is she yours?"

"No her parents were killed tonight." Autumn said noticing their faces turn grim.

"Those bastards you've been hunting?" Glenn asked.

"Yeah and I'm not the only one she's hunting them too." Daryl said.

Maggie looked at Autumn then gasped softly seeing her eyes. "She's one of them."

"Not by choice and I'm not like them." Autumn said.

"Apparently not cause this redneck would've killed you at first glance." Glenn said.

"He tried to but got a good whack on the head and in the groin." Autumn said making the couple laugh and Daryl scowl.

"If y'all are done can y'all watch little ass kicker while we hunt these bastards?" Daryl asked.

"Of course." Maggie said with a smile.

Autumn hesitantly handed Piper to Maggie along with the bag.

"We'll take good care of her I promise." Maggie said giving Autumn a reassuring squeeze of the hand.

"Thank you." Autumn said managing a smile.

"We gotta get moving." Daryl said. "See ya later little ass kicker." He said ticking Piper's belly making her giggle.

Autumn looked at Piper before kissing her forehead. "I'll be back soon Piper." She said before following Daryl to his truck and getting in.

"Daryl how do they know about vampires?" Autumn asked as he drove away from the house.

"Maggie's dad Herschal used to be a hunter neither her or her younger sister Beth believed it till they saw it." Daryl said.

"Where's her sister at?" Autumn asked.

"Beth went missing a couple of months ago." Daryl said.

"You think she's another victim of Avenged?" She asked.

"Don't know but I hope not." He said.

The rode in silence Autumn looked seeing a picture of Daryl with a woman and a young girl.

"That's your family?" She asked.

"Yeah my wife Carol and my daughter Sophia." He said with a sad tone. "That bastard took them away from me forever."

"Daryl I'm sorry." Autumn said.

"The only ones who's gonna be sorry is those bastards." He said gripping the steering wheel tightly.

Autumn said nothing else the silence was broken by her phone ringing.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hey Autumn it's Sita." She said. "Did you get the serum?"

"Sita both Emmanuel and his wife are dead the work of Avenged." Autumn said. "I could smell their scent there."

Sita was silent. "God." She said tearfully. "What about their daughter is she...

"She's okay I found hidden under the floorboards." Autumn said. "She was bitten."

"Thank goodness." Sita said. "Where is she now?"

"With some friends." Autumn said not telling her about Daryl.

"Friends?" Sita asked. "Autumn...

"Sita is there another reason you called?" She asked.

"Yeah Vengeance was spotted outside of his club." Sita said. "Around this time he always throws a party consisting mainly of emos, goths, punks...

"Rebels, lose causes, and people who aren't gonna be missed." Autumn said.

"Correct you'll need to go undercover." Sita said. "Our friend Vince will help you he's at the Poison Heart."

"Thanks." Autumn said hanging up. "Vengeance is at his club that's filled with teens."

"Shit." Daryl said. "We gotta get there fast."

"We will but first we have to go to the Poison Heart." She said.

"The hell for?" Daryl asked.

"I gotta get my party clothes." Autumn said.

Daryl drove to the location and Autumn got out. Walking into the store she saw an Indian looking man standing behind the counter.

He looked up as she came over. "Vince?" She said.

"Autumn?" He asked.

"Hook me up." She said.

After getting her wardrobe Daryl and Autumn arrived back at the motel room. Autumn stumbled slightly before sitting on the bed.

"You alright?" Daryl asked.

"I'm fine I just need to rest." Autumn said rubbing her eyes as the thirst raged in her ears.

"You sure you're okay?" He asked walking over.

"I said I'm fine." She said then groaned grabbing her stomach.

"No you're not you're fucking hungry aren't you?" He asked.

"The animal blood doesn't help and I don't have the serum." Autumn said. "I can't fight like this."

Daryl looked at her before sighing deeply. "Can't have you weak." He said sitting beside Autumn and holding out his wrist.

"The hell are you doing?" She asked.

"Giving you blood ya need it or ya can't fight." Daryl said.

"I'm not feeding from you Dixon." Autumn said. "I won't do it."

"How can you fight those sons of bitches?" Daryl asked. "You need your strength and I'm giving it to you." "Just do it."

Autumn looked at him then at his wrist. Her eyes focused on the main vein.

Autumn took Daryl's arm in her hands. She sniffed his wrist and rubbed her nose against the vein inhaling his scent.

She looked at Daryl who nodded. Closing her eyes Autumn's fangs slid down and she gently sunk them into his wrist.

Daryl inhaled sharply as her fangs penetrated his skin. He watched as she fed and tried to think of something else then being a lab rat for a vampire.

His blood was like find wine to Autumn. Daryl may have been in either his late thirties or early forties but his blood tasted and felt like youth.

Autumn drank more as his blood restored her. His blood was also warmth, courage, it was like she now knew everything about Daryl Dixon as his essence soared through her.

Daryl winced as she bit harder this brought him out his thoughts.

He looked at Autumn as she fed. Daryl found himself looking at her for real.

Autumn was beautiful no doubt but it was a supernatural beauty about her. He concentrated as she fed from him.

When he relaxed he felt the blood slowly move through his veins as she drank it felt like a numbing yet strange euphoric feeling.

Daryl closed his eyes and gasped softly. This made Autumn glance at him. His gasp wasn't a gasp of pain it was a gasp of if she wasn't mistaken pleasure.

His eyes were closed and his lips parted. Autumn slowly removed her fangs making him gasp as he opened his eyes.

Autumn licked her lips before taking his wrist and licking the marks clean of blood.

"Thanks." She said before grabbing her bag and disappearing into the bathroom.

Daryl sat there looking at his wrist and the marks. He touched them and a thrill of pleasure went through him.

He thought about Autumn feeding from him and her soft lips on his skin. Daryl found himself getting sick as a part of his anatomy harden.

"You're one sick fucked up son of a bitch Dixon." He said.

The situation got no better as the door opened and Autumn walked out dressed to kill.

"You ready?" She asked.