Status: Complete

I Will Not Bow

Chapter 18

Autumn jumped from the roof and heard a revving noise. She turned seeing Daryl riding over.

"Lost you and that bastard when y'all fell thought you were in trouble." He said.

Autumn felt something pull at her heart at Daryl's concern for her.

"Well I'm okay." She said with a smile.

"So is...

"He's dead killed him." Autumn said. "We make a pretty good team."

Daryl chuckled softly. "Guess so." He said. "How many we have left?"

"Two and that's Gates and Shadows but first we need to get back to the club." Autumn said.

"Hop on." Daryl said.

Autumn held on as Daryl sped down the street and in the direction of the club.

"You sure this will work?" Daryl asked her.

"It should cause vampires are severely allergic to garlic and silver combined." Autumn said.

Her and Daryl were currently in the maintenance room of the club installing the water sprinklers with a liquid that would literally flush all the vampires out.

"When the sprinklers are activated every vampire in the club will get burned severely before melting." She said.

Daryl tensed. "Won't it hurt you?"

"No that serum I was taking contained other substances that protect my skin from burn injuries." Autumn said.

Daryl still wasn't convinced. "If you say so." He said taking out a cigarette then lighting it.

"What are you doing?" Autumn asked.

"Lighting this bitch up." He said before holding his cig under a sprinkler.

The smoke hit the sprinkler for a few moments before it went off.

Daryl sputtered as water squirted in his face making Autumn laugh. He looked at her as she tilted her head back letting the water pour over her.

It was one of the most glorious sights he had ever seen. He was brought out his thoughts by screaming. Him and Autumn shared a look then shared a smile.

"Come on." Autumn said walking out.

They looked through the door to see vampires quickly developing red welts and hives before slowly melting. All the humans were running out in a panic.

"We better scram too fore the cops get here." Daryl said going out the back way with Autumn behind.

The drove back to the motel was the same during the drive to the club it was silent.

Autumn was looking out the window thinking about Vengeance's final words to her. Daryl occasionally glanced at Autumn wondering what was bothering her and looking at water droplets shimmer down her back.

They arrived at the motel not saying a word as they got out and entered the room.

Autumn sat on the bed while Daryl went in the bathroom pulling his cell phone out.

"You're still a monster and a killer Autumn." He had said. "The thirst always wins in the end."

Autumn thought about how in the club she watched the vampires feed from the girl. She had wanted to join in and she found herself slightly aroused by it.

"In the end will I give in to the thirst and become just like them?" She asked herself. "Feeding from the innocent and liking it."

She looked up as Daryl entered the room. "How's Piper?" She asked.

"Maggie said she's fine said she's out like a light." He said.

"Good." Autumn said.

"Why you look blue?" He asked. "You did good tonight."

Autumn shook her head. "Am I good though?" She said. "Or am I an evil soulless monster like them?"

"You're not like them." Daryl said walking over. "Look at what you've done you're protecting this city from them."

"Still will I continue to do that or will I give in and become a killer?" Autumn asked.

Daryl sighed and walked over sitting down. "You know I thought all vampires were evil and soulless till I met you." "You're not like them Autumn."

"While in the club I saw them feeding off the girl and I wanted to join in." She said. "I was also aroused by it."

"Aroused?" Daryl croaked out.

"Yeah." She said with a bitter laugh. "It's sickening that I'm turned on by something so horrible and disgusting."

"I kinda know the feeling." Daryl said.

Autumn looked up noticing how close they were. Neither knew who moved first as they leaned in.

There was a pause before Daryl pressed his lips to hers. Autumn returned it a hand going to his hair.

Daryl increased it cupping her face. Autumn ran her fingers through his hair pulling gently making him gasp softly.

Her hands went to his vest pulling it down feeling his arms while she did. Daryl kissed her neck his lips trailed down kissing her shoulder.

Autumn moaned softly as her fangs came down Daryl's pulse being so close to her. She grabbed his hair a little roughly making him grunt.

Her eyes returned to normal and she pushed Daryl away breathing heavily. Neither said anything but tried to control their breathing.

Daryl looked at her before getting up. "Shouldn't have kissed you." He said. "Sorry bout that." He said before leaving.

Autumn stood there surprised and confused. Did Daryl regret kissing her? Why did she kiss him back? Most importantly why did he kiss her?

She walked into the bathroom dialing the number. "Autumn?" Sita said.

"Hey Sita I killed Vengeance and the vampires in his club too." She said.

"You're like a force of nature Autumn." She said.

"I had some help from a guy named Daryl Dixon who's a hunter wondered if you know who he is." She said.

"No I don't." Sita said. "You're working with him?"

"Yeah cause his family was killed by Shadows and it's his friends that are looking after Piper right now." Autumn said.

"You trust this guy?" She asked.

"Didn't at first but I slowly am." Autumn said.

"Well if you think he's okay then that's all that matters." Sita said. "How you holding up?"

"That's kinda why I called you." Autumn said. "He let me drink from him."

Sita was silent. "He's not...

"No he's not but he's been acting strange since then." She said. "Just now he kissed me I almost bit him before regaining control and he walked out apologizing for kissing me."

"You're wondering if it had to do with the bite." Sita concluded. "It does."

"How so?" Autumn asked.

"Autumn sometimes if a human is attracted to a vampire that attraction grows after the vampire feeds from them." Sita said.

Autumn's eyes widen. "He's attracted to me?"

"Yeah but it's stronger now it can cause the human to do things they wouldn't normally do such as what he did by kissing you out the blue." Sita said. "Feeding is considered an intimate thing to some vampires.

"This is a lot." Autumn said. "I need to talk to him." "Thanks Sita."

"No prob and good luck." She said hanging up.

Autumn sighed thinking about the situation. Daryl the guy who had shot her the first time they met was attracted to her a vampire.

She opened the door finding him in the chair fiddling with his crossbow.

"Dixon we need to talk." Autumn said.

He stopped. "If it's about the kiss I'm...

"Don't apologize I know why you did it." She said standing in front of him before squatting to meet his eyes.

"Are you attracted to me?" She asked.

Daryl sighed ran a hand through his hair. "I've never been good at explaining myself."

"Just tell me Daryl." She said.

Daryl looked into those green eyes. "It's just strange cause I'm human and you're a vampire but I am and it's hard for me to think straight since you fed from me."

"Cause your attraction to me has increased." Autumn said. "Sita explained it to me."

"She the one who's helping you?" Daryl asked.

"Yes along with some others." She said. "She told me that feeding is considered intimate and a human might do things without thought afterwards due to their increased attraction for the vampire."

"Well I do feel like I'm on something cause I can't think about nothing else and I can't get my eyes off you." He said. "Haven't been like this since...

"Your wife?" Autumn asked and he nodded.

"Even with her I couldn't explain my feelings well." He said.

"What if I told you I feel the same?" Autumn asked.

"Didn't think you did." Daryl said. "Not only cause of the species difference but I'm old enough to be your dad."

"Doesn't matter we can't help who we're attracted to." Autumn said with a small smile.

Daryl slowly returned the smile as Autumn moved up brushed her lips against his before kissing him.

It was slow like the first one. Daryl's hand went to the back of her neck. Autumn pulled back slightly brushing his bangs out his face before kissing him again.

Daryl tried to increase it but Autumn pulled away as her fangs came down. She sighed as they retracted and laid her head on his chest listening to his heartbeat.

"What does this mean?" She asked as he rested his chin on her head holding her.

"Don't know." Daryl said.

They sat there in each others embrace before Daryl went to take a shower. As she changed out her clothes the phone rang.

"Hello Shadows. She said.

"Where's Vengeance?" He asked.

"He's not gonna be answering his phone any longer." Autumn said.

"Who is this?" Shadows asked.

"You should remember me you bastard." Autumn said.

"I took something from you." He said.

"You took everything away from me." Autumn said. "You and your buddies which you're now missing three of."

"So you killed my family." He said. "We're both killers we're not so different then Autumn."

"You and me only have one thing in common Shadows." She said.

"And what's that?" He asked.

"By the end of tonight we'll both be dead." She said hanging up.