Status: Complete

I Will Not Bow

Chapter 19

"No word about where this Gates fellow is at?" Daryl asked.

"None." Autumn said checking her phone again.

Her and Daryl were currently in a twenty-four diner waiting for word from Sita and the others about Gate's location.

"You know Daryl under different circumstances this could be considered a date." Autumn said with a small grin.

Daryl snorted. "I sure as hell wouldn't take you to this place for a date."

"Where would you take me then?" Autumn asked sipping her coffee.

"I'd probably take you to either a car show or hunting." He said.

She raised an eyebrow. "Hunting as a date?"

"Come on hunting is relaxing." He said. "Release all the tension and frustration in you by taking it out on a good size buck."

Autumn smiled shaking her head. "You're insane Dixon but I've never gone hunting before."

"Maybe when this is all over we can go hunting together." Daryl said.

Her smile vanished. "Yeah when this is all over." She said.

"We could bring little ass kicker with us too." Daryl said.

"Piper her name is Piper." Autumn said. "Why do you call her little ass kicker?"

Daryl grinned. "Cause she's gonna be one bad ass vampire slayer when she gets older."

"She's too young to fight vampires Daryl." She said.

Daryl snorted. "You're never too young to fight." "I learned how to hunt when I was four."

"Okay but you're not doing all her training." Autumn said with a smile. "You're too hard ass needs some motherly love there too."

"Just as long as I don't have to wear pink or listen to fucking Britney Spears." Daryl said making her laugh.

"Deal." Autumn said then grew tense. "Daryl."

"Hmm?" He said then look where she gestured there was a group of people watching them.

"Bastards are everywhere." Daryl said getting up.

He payed the bill and him and Autumn ran out the diner as the vampires got up following them.

"Shit." Daryl said the truck didn't start. "Have to take the bike it's faster any way."

Autumn was turned around. "Look who we have here." The man said. "The one who didn't stay dead."

"Leave her the fuck alone." Daryl said his crossbow raised.

The man laughed. "Or you'll...

He choked as Autumn stabbed him with a dagger. His loved screamed in anger before advancing on Autumn.

The female vampire stopped in her tracks as an arrow hit her and she fell down dead.

"Come on!" Daryl yelled.

Autumn jumped on the bike as he started it and drove away from the diner.

She held on tightly as Daryl increased the speed of the bike. At that moment something flew pass Autumn narrowly missing her ear.

"Shit." She said glancing over her shoulder. "They're right behind us."

"God damn it." Daryl said.

Autumn pulled a gun out her boot and shot at them. This did no good.

"Daryl slow down." She said.

"You're fucking crazy woman!" He yelled.

"Just do it!" She yelled back.

Daryl slowed down as Autumn turned fully around her back against his.

Autumn aimed and shot at a vamp on a bike. He slumped forward and the bike ran off the road.

Pulling something out her jacket she swung the cable at the car.

It went through the windshield and hooked onto the steering wheel. Autumn go focused and shot an arrow at the passenger side.

Autumn groaned as an arrow stuck in her side. Daryl glanced over his shoulder.

"You alright?" He asked over the engine.

"Yeah." She said pulling the arrow out. Slow down I have an idea."

Daryl slowed down as Autumn reined in the cable. She glanced ahead seeing a tree branch. Autumn got ready as they neared it.

She swung the cable and threw it over the branch and threw the rest of it around a sign.

Autumn watched as the remaining vampires tried to slow down as the cable cut into their car ripping through it and decapitating them all.

The car ran off the road and crashed into a tree exploding on impact.

"Damn woman." Daryl said making her laugh.

"Gates you sure about continuing with your plans?" Shadows asked.

"Yeah she'll come here and be no longer by the end." Gates said.

Autumn and Daryl entered the motel room she walked to the center of the room taking her jacket off.

"Did they hit you bad?" Daryl asked walking over.

"No it's healing though." She said as he removed her hand to see the wound.

Daryl watched as the bloody hole slowly disappeared before vanishing completely.

"See?" She said. "Nothing to worry about."

"Was worried you were hurt terribly and I'd have finish those bastards off alone." Daryl said.

"We'll finish them off together Daryl I promise." She said squeezing his hand.

Daryl returned the gesture pushing her hair behind her ear. She leaned into his touch closing her eyes.

Opening her eyes Autumn kissed his thumb which was closest to her lips. Daryl stroked her cheek before leaning in just as their lips met...

The phone rang. "Damn." Autumn said taking it out. "It's Sita."

Daryl watched as she talked to Sita before hanging up. "What's the verdict?" He asked.

"According to Sita around this time Gates throws parties at his mansion in his ball room." Autumn said.

"The hell is with these vampires and parties?" He asked.

"Unsuspecting humans it's an all you can eat buffet." She said. "Anyway Sita said the them for his party this year is masquerade and red velvet."

Daryl chuckled softly. "Guess we're getting all dressed up to go to the party."

Autumn smiled. "Guess so."