Status: Complete

I Will Not Bow

Chapter 23

Autumn walked back down the hallway that Gates had lead her down. She opened the door that lead back to the ballroom where everyone was still dancing.

Closing it behind her Autumn walked out scanning the room till she spotted Daryl near the refreshment tables.

He looked up as she approached and slowly smiled at the look of triumph on her face.

"Ya look like ya just won the baking contest at the fair." He said..

Autumn laughed. "In a way I did." She said.

"How'd it go then?" Daryl asked.

"Gave Gates his just desserts in the form of a blue liquid that made him bubble and pop like pop rocks mixed with coke." She said. "Except he exploded like the urban legend supposedly goes."

Daryl chuckled. "Always thought that was a bunch of horseshit."

"In Gates case it's not." Autumn said. "What about you?"

"Managed to get some but these bastards are on the alert like a damn bloodhound." Daryl said.

Autumn thought about something. "Daryl did they announce some big thing while I was gone?"

"Other then there being a champagne toast in few." He said. "Why?"

"Cause the only thing toasting is gonna be them." Autumn said pulling out two vials of liquid.

"What are they?" He asked.

"This is EDTA." Autumn said holding up the blue liquid. "It's used in hospitals for clearing out blood clots in arteries it reacts violently with vampire blood."

"This is what you injected that bastard with." Daryl said taking it.

She nodded and held up the purple one. "And this is a concoction that Sita made." "It's made of silver fragments, nitrate, and monkshood."

"I've heard of that it's considered the queen of poisons." Daryl said.

Autumn nodded. "We just need to slip some in the champagne before it's served."

"They're preparing it in the kitchen." Daryl said. "The waiters are human but they won't let me back there."

"They'll let me back there though." She said. "Come on."

They both walked across the room where the kitchen was. Daryl and Autumn hid behind the tall plant that was nearby as a waiter walked out.

"Let's go." Daryl said catching the door as it swung back and forth.

They entered the kitchen finding the staff preparing for the main meal.

"Excuse me you two you can't be in here." A man who's name tag said Jerome told them.

"Actually we can." Autumn said. "I'm a friend of Gates he's asked me to supervise and make sure everything is going well and being attended to."

Jerome's eyes widen at Autumn's flirty smile. "O-okay." He said stuttering. "What about him though?"

"He's my assistant he's here to help." Autumn said.

"Okay carry on then." Jerome said walking away.

Daryl snickered. "Had him all tongue tied and twisted."

"One of the perks of being a vampire is you can easily persuade people." Autumn said. "Make them do what you want."

"You can't make me do what you want." Daryl said his eyes had slight mischief.

Autumn laughed softly. "You're strong Dixon but you're not that strong against me."

"Maybe we should test that theory." He said.

"Later right now we have to get this done." She said pecking his cheek before leading the way through the kitchen.

They walked through steam and staff that got in their way. She stopped looking around for it.

"Look." Daryl said tapping her and pointing.

Autumn turned and saw platters that were filled with empty glasses and bottles of unopened bottles of champagne were near them.

"You sure this gonna be enough?" Daryl asked as they walked over.

"It should." Autumn said taking her vial out. "This stuff is so strong that one drop is enough."

"This ain't gonna hurt any humans won't it?" He asked.

"The EDTA won't as for the monkshood they might feel sick but it won't hurt of kill them." Autumn said. "I promise you Daryl no human will get hurt."

"Alright let's do this then." He said grabbing a bottle.

Autumn took a bottle opened it and poured in a couple of drops of liquid before closing the bottle and shaking it up.

Her and Daryl did this with each bottle. "Get the champagne ready." She heard a man said.

"Hurry." Autumn said as they got to the last bottle.

Her and Daryl shared a smile and poured the last of the liquids into the last bottle.

"Okay let's go." She said grabbing his hand.

They managed to squeeze between the wall and an oven. They watched as the waiters came forward and began filling each glass till the bottles were empty.

Autumn listened till the kitchen completely cleared before leading the way out from their hiding place.

They walked out and hid behind the plant from earlier. The waiters walked around either handing people glasses or letting them take one themselves.

After everyone had a glass they raised them in the air. "Anybody know where Gates is?" Someone asked.

Everyone murmured and looked around in search of him. "He's missing out." A man said. "Cheers!"

"Cheers!" Everyone said in unison before drinking their champagne.

After swallowing the vampires grabbed their throats and started coughing and gasping. A woman screamed and everyone turned to see her dates face bubbling before exploding.

All the humans started screaming as the vampires either exploded or sizzling burning from the inside out.

A female vampire bared her fangs making everyone panic and start running for the main doors.

Vampires started exploding covering humans in their blood and remains or they sizzled falling to the floor before melting into a puddle nothing remaining but their clothes.

"Strong ass shit." Daryl said making Autumn laugh. "We better scram too."

Autumn nodded as he grabbed her hand and lead her into the panicking fray. He managed to push pass everyone else and they ran out.

Daryl got on the bike as Autumn got behind him holding on as they rode away from the blitz.