Status: Complete

I Will Not Bow

Chapter 26

Autumn sat unblinking in the passenger seat of the truck as Daryl sped down the highway. As she sat there her conversation with Shadows replayed in her mind.

"Hello Autumn how are you and lover boy doing?" He asked.

"We just had amazing victory sex twice so we're doing good." She said. "I'm sure we'll be having more once you're gone."

He chuckled. "Oh I'm sure you'll won't after you hear about the news."

"What news?" She asked confused.

"News is a little baby girl almost one vanished from the Rhees house." Shadows said. "Have any idea where she could be and who's taken her?"

Autumn's breath hitched. "You bastard."

"I've been called worse sweetheart." He said. "She really is a beautiful baby wonder what she might look like when she's older if she even gets to see her teens."

"Don't hurt Piper!" Autumn yelled.

"Mustn't talk so loud the baby is sleeping." He said then she heard a kissing sound as he kissed Piper's forehead.

"I'll do anything you want just don't hurt Piper." She said.

"Anything I want will you?" He said then there was a pause. "Okay you and the hunter come to the old warehouse at the docks you know where that is right?"

"Yes." She said.

"Come to the warehouse and surrender she lives you don't come she's gonna be another unfortunate case of SIDS." Shadows said before hanging up.

"How the hell he even get her?" Daryl asked.

"Glenn and Maggie said they were sleeping then there was a crashing sound from the guest room." Autumn said. "They walked into to find the roof caved in and Piper gone."

"Son of a bitch!" Daryl yelled slapping his hand on the dashboard.

"Calm down Daryl." Autumn said squeezing his hand. "We'll get her back and she'll be alright."

Daryl relaxed slightly but still remained tense. Autumn watched the passing scenery as the trees cleared and she could see a light ahead that was swinging slightly.

"This it?" Daryl asked slowing down.

Autumn looked at the large looming warehouse that had long been abandoned.

"This is it." She said unbuckling her seatbelt and getting out.

They walked to the bed of the truck Daryl swung his croosbow on his back and fastened a knife on his hip. Autumn hid a gun in her boot and loaded up her crossbow with arrows and the liquid.

"No matter what we stick together when we get in there." Daryl said.

Autumn nodded then pulled an envelope out her jacket. "I need you to mail this for me after we're done."

Daryl took the envelope and read the name. "Your mother?" He asked.

"I never got to say goodbye." Autumn said before approaching the warehouse.

Daryl grabbed a flashlight and walked beside her roaming it all over the place. Autumn raised her crossbow as they approached the door.

Daryl gently kicked it making it open slightly. He looked around inside before gesturing for her to follow him. They walked down a tunnel both looking around at all the old tools and such left behind.

Autumn walked ahead of Daryl and smelled something. She looked to her left seeing the dead body of a man.

"Daryl." She said.

He came over and stood beside her. "Jesus." He whispered. "Who is he?"

"Don't know but he hasn't been dead long that blood is still fresh." She said leading the way down.

They continued walking looking for any sign of Shadows or Piper.

Autumn went in a seperate room looking as Daryl walked down he heard the sound of crying. He shined his flashlight through the bars of a door seeing a cage with a girl inside.

He opened the door and walked inside stopping as the girl turned revealing her face.

"Beth?" He asked.

"Daryl is that really you?" She asked crying.

"Beth thank God!" Daryl said opening the cage and pulling her out.

He gathered her in his arms and sat her on a nearby bench.

"Everyone's dead Daryl." Beth said crying into his shirt.

"You're safe now Beth he can't hurt you anymore." Daryl said then started to work on the ropes around her ankles.

"Autumn!" He whispered loudly.

Autumn appeared out the darkness her gaze on Beth who looked up staring at her.

"Dixon." Autumn said.

"Come and help me quick!" He said.

"Dixon get up now." Autumn said raising her croosbow.

Daryl looked at her confused. "What's the matter with you?"

"She's one of them think about it." Autumn said. "Shadows turned her."

"Put that down!" Autumn yelled as Beth got ahold of Daryl's gun and pointed it.

"Beth?" He asked.

"Not anymore." Beth said. "I'm a whole new person with a whole new life."

"Beth your life is with Maggie your sister remember?" He asked.

Beth laughed dryly. "Perfect little Maggie everyone loves her and she always gets what she wants." "She wanted me to remain her little sister forever and so did everyone else including you."

"That's not true." Daryl said.

"Doesn't matter now cause none of you have any power over me now." Beth said. "Cause now I'm free I'll be free of all of you."

"That's not you talking Beth he did this to you." Daryl said.

"Shadows predicted you would act like this." Beth said. "This is where I belong now."

"Beth your family...

"Shadows is my family now and my father and my lover." Beth said. "You wouldn't believe the things he makes me do and how much I enjoy them."

"Put the gun down now!" Autumn said.

"I'm not gonna let any of you take away the one good thing in my life." Beth said before shooting Daryl.

"No!" Autumn yelled shooting at Beth who ran down the tunnel.

She ran forward to assist Daryl who wasn't moving. "Dixon?" She said as Beth shoot at her.

Autumn got up and ran after her as she ran into a room shutting the door. Autumn knocked the door in and followed her the crossbow raised.

She walked down a hallway pointing it as she looked around. She noticed a part of the wall looked out of place.

Kicking it she discovered a secret door she looked down before preceding down the stairs. She walked down seeing blue lights she hid around the corner as a bullet narrowly missed her.

"I'm not after you!" Autumn said.

"Fuck off!" Beth said before shooting again and running.

Autumn looked around the corner and shot Beth in the ankle making her fall. She came from her hiding place as Beth crawled into a room.

Autumn followed her the croosbow ready to fire again. "Why are you helping him?" Beth asked the gun raised. "He and the rest of them want to get rid of us."

"You've got five seconds to tell me where Shadows is." She said. "Five...four...

"Never!" Beth said then slumped to the floor as Autumn shot her.

"One." Autumn said.

"As long as I've been immortal and lived for centuries life never fails to surprise me." A voice said from behind her.

Autumn turned and shot at Shadows who caught the arrow in mid air he broke it in half throwing it down to the floor.

"Look at you Autumn how you've changed." He said. "I love the haircut by the way."

"Where's Piper?" She asked.

Shadows chuckled. "You really care about that baby don't you?" "Don't worry she's okay for now enough for us to have a little chat."

He glanced at Beth's body. "She would've been eighteen next week had never been to France." "The hunters behavior I can understand but why are you helping him?" "You're one of us."

"Not by choice." Autumn said.

"Choice." He said with a laugh. "Who has a choice in anything?"

"You sons of bitches had the choice of raping, torturing, and leaving me for dead!" She yelled throwing a knife which he caught.

"Stop the tantrum there's an order and balance to things." Shadows said. "Everything happens for a reason."

Autumn tried to shot him as he grabbed her and snapped her neck.