Status: Complete

I Will Not Bow

Chapter 28: Epilogue

"Are you sure you can't stay for a few more days Daryl?" Glenn asked.

"Nah I best be hitting the road." He said loading some more things into the back of his truck.

"You make sure you call us when you get settled." Maggie said.

Daryl ran a hand through his now short hair. "I'll try." He said.

"Daryl are you gonna be okay though?" Glenn asked.

"I'll be fine don't worry bout me." He said.

"Daryl we're real sorry about Autumn." Maggie said placing a hand on his shoulder.

Daryl sighed and squeezed her hand. "Ain't nothing to be sorry about that's what she wanted."

"I'm sorry about Beth though." Daryl said.

Maggie's face fell. "It's okay based on what you told us I think my sister at least the one I knew died a long time ago." She said.

"I think we all knew deep down Beth was gone." Glenn said. "We just didn't want to accept it."

"We will accept it and move on." Maggie said. "It'll be hard but time will heal us all."

"Amen to that." Daryl said then gave the Rhees each a hug before he got in his truck.

"You come back and visit soon." Maggie said then looked in the back. "Both of you."

Daryl chuckled and turned back at Piper who was kicking and squealing with happiness.

"We will see y'all." Daryl said starting the truck.

He pulled out and waved to the Rhees before driving away. "Gotta make one more stop before we're gone little ass kicker." He said.

The night before after Daryl left the police entered the warehouse investigating the noises heard.

"We got a body in this room." One said. "Body of a young woman."

"Sarge in this room looks like something exploded." Another said shining his light on the ceiling.

"Jesus in this room looks like some sick bastards been draining people." A third one said.

"The hell is going on?" The second one asked shining his light around stopping a the spot. "Looks like someone or something was here and bleeding heavily but whatever it is it's gone now."

Daryl walked out the police station pulling at his tie. He stopped seeing a figure with dark hair in the passenger seat.

He ran around his truck and grabbed his crossbow he cautiously walked to the drivers side.

His head on the handle he flung the door opened and pointed his weapon.

"Doesn't this seem reminiscent of how we first met?" A voice asked.

Daryl lowered his crossbow not believing what he heard. "Autumn?" He whispered.

She smiled and lowered her sunglasses. "Hi Daryl."

Daryl dropped his crossbow. "Is it really you?" He whispered.

She cupped his face giving him a gentle kiss. "Does that answer your question?" She asked.

"Not completely maybe I need more evidence that you're here." He said.

She laughed before kissing him again more passionately. Daryl cupped her face while she pulled his short hair. He pried her lips open exploring her cool mouth.

"Mmm we better stop fore we get busy in here." She said pulling away.

"We should." Daryl said panting slightly. "You're still alive and a vampire."

"Yeah I am." She said.

"How?" Daryl asked.

Soon after Daryl left three people came in a woman and two men.

"She killed Shadows." Julio said. "She succeeded in killing Avenged."

"I knew she would." Sita said gathering Autumn in her arms.

"What do we do though?" Oliver asked referring to Autumn's death.

Sita said nothing but lead the way out the warehouse. Autumn's eyelids moved as someone wiped the neck wound.

"Sita?" She whispered.

"Hello Autumn." She said with a smile.

"How am I still alive aren't I suppose to be dead?" She asked.

"You would be if this was the pure white oak wood stake." Sita said holding it up. "You stabbed yourself with a plain old oak one which only knocks a vampire out."

"Rotten luck." Autumn mumbled. "Sita I can't live like this."

"It's difficult doesn't mean it's impossible." Sita said stroking her hair. "You want to live but you don't."

"I can't be around Daryl or Piper like this." She said.

"Yes you can Autumn you're a strong person look at what you done tonight." Julio said. "You took out an entire gang of vampires and not many can do that." "You brought peace and safety again here."

"You can do it Autumn but in the end it's your decision." Sita said.

Autumn thought about it before smiling. "I know what I want." She said as she closed her eyes and a tear flowed down her face.

"What about the thirst?" He asked.

"We'll deal with it together." She said squeezing his hand.

"Together." He said with a smile.

"So what were you doing in the police station?" Autumn asked.

"Checking to see the report on your body." Daryl said. "You've been declared legally dead as for your disappearance they think some sicko took your body."

She laughed. "Some reason I'm okay with that report."

Daryl chuckled before starting the truck and driving away from the station.

"Have any ideas of where to go?" Daryl asked.

"Sita told me about werewolf attacks in LA they believe a gang named Slipknot is responsible." Autumn said.

Daryl tensed and glanced at the bed of the truck. "We got enough weapons for werewolves?"

Autumn laughed. "Is the big bad Dixon afraid of some abnormally big dogs?"

Daryl huffed. "I ain't scared of shit." He said till Autumn tilted her head down so he could see her eyes.

"Okay I was scared that even though that's what you wanted I'd never see you again." Daryl said. "I was scared we'd lose Piper that night."

Autumn gave him a warm smile before holding his hand. "I'm here now alive and well and so is Piper and we're all gonna be okay."

Daryl lifted her hand to his kissing her knuckles. He tilted his rearview mirror down and smiled at the face of the littlest passenger who was sleeping in her carseat.

"So we do we start training little asskicker to be well a little asskicker?" He asked.

"No time soon." Autumn said.

"Come on I learned how to hunt and shoot a gun when I was five." Daryl said.

"And look how you turned out." Autumn said teasingly then laugh as Daryl huffed.

"How bout we start training her at six?" He asked.

"No." Autumn said.

"Seven?" Daryl said.

"That's still too young." Autumn said.

"Eight then and that's how high I'm going." Daryl said making her laugh.

"Okay we start training her at eight." Autumn said.

She squeezed his knee Daryl interlaced his fingers with hers as they drove pass the Welcome to Huntington Beach sign and on to protect more innocents from the supernatural.