Status: Complete

I Will Not Bow

Chapter 4

The rays of sunlight through the curtains shined on Autumn's face waking her up the next morning. She blinked and shielded her eyes from the sun.

Sitting up she rubbed her eyes wiping the eye crust away. After stretching she got out of bed and made her way to the bathroom.

After showering she got dressed in jeans and a tank top.

"Becca must have a massive hangover as usual." Autumn said as she knocked on Becca's door.

"Bec you in?" She asked then knocked again. "Becca are you okay?"

Getting no answer Autumn opened the door and entered the room. It was completely dark so she went to the window and pulled the curtains.

"Becca?" Autumn said walking to her bed which was unmade and messy.

She pulled the covers back revealing pillows underneath but no Becca. Autumn went to the bathroom and knocked on it getting no answer. She then opened it finding it empty.

Autumn walked out the bathroom and into the kitchen finding it along with the living room empty.

"Becca always sleeps in till nine." She said.

She walked to the door finding it locked. "She never came home last night unless...

Becca had stayed the night at the house and most likely slept with Brian. She was promiscuous and had a never ending list of one night stands.

Autumn shook her head as she made herself some coffee. "She'll probably come stumbling through that door real soon."

Since she only had to go to college on Tuesdays and Thursdays Autumn decided to study for her mid terms.

As she read over the material at the table she heard a knock on the door. Getting up she walked to the door and looked through the peephole seeing two men standing on the other side.

"Who is it?" She asked.

"Officers Dalton and Reeves." One said. "We need to speak to you."

"What do the police need to speak to me about?" Autumn asked herself as she unlocked the door and opened it.

"Hello are you Autumn Chandler?" One asked.

"Yes I am." She said. "What can I do for you?"

"Is Becca Snow you're roommate?" Officer Reeves asked.

"Yes she is what's happened?" She asked.

"Well her mother called us saying that Becca didn't show up for an appointment they had together this morning and she couldn't get an answer from Becca's cell phone." Officer Dalton said. "Do you know where she is?"

"No she never came home last night." Autumn said.

"Where was she last night?" Officer Reeves asked.

"We were at a party I left early but she wanted to stay so I went home without her." Autumn said.

The officers looked at each other. "Another young woman there said she saw you there." "You mind coming down for questioning?"

"Okay." Autumn said locking the door to the apartment and followed the police to their cruiser.

Arriving at the station Autumn followed them inside pass the secretary's desk and to a table where another officer was waiting.

"Hello Miss Chandler please sit down." He said gesturing to the seat in front of the table.

Autumn sat down and looked around. "I'm Officer Rhymes and I wanted to ask you some questions about your friend Becca."

"Okay." Autumn said.

"I heard the last time you saw her was at a party." He said and she nodded. "Where was this party at and who was throwing it?"

"It was a house in the Beta River neighborhood." She said. "The party was thrown by five guys one of them invited Becca to come."

"What is his name and where did she meet him?" Officer Rhymes asked.

"He called himself Synyster Gates he also went by Brian." Autumn said. "She met him through a chat room."

"How long had she been chatting with him?" He asked.

"For almost six months." Autumn said.

He wrote this down. "Officer Dalton said you left the party why did you leave?"

"One of the guys named Matt who was also throwing it came on to me." Autumn said.

"When you say that do you mean he was making advanced at you aggressively?" He asked.

"No he was just kissing my neck and shoulder but I felt uncomfortable." She said. "Honestly the whole party felt off and made me uncomfortable."

"How did it?" Officer Rhymes asked.

"I don't know I had a feeling that something wasn't right on top of that the five guys who were throwing it all looked in their late twenties to early thirties." Autumn said. "I thought it was strange that guys that old were throwing a party inhabited mainly by college students."

"So you left cause he made advances on you but Becca didn't go with you?" He asked.

"I tried to make her come but she got mad and said I wasn't her mom so I just left." Autumn said.

"And this is the last time you saw her?" He asked and Autumn nodded.

Autumn waited as he wrote all this down. "Okay Miss Chandler just a few more questions."

Meanwhile somewhere in Nevada a man sat on his motorcycle smoking and looking at the map in front of him.

"Want some company?" A voice asked.

He looked up seeing a pretty redhead standing nearby. "No thanks." He said with a heavy Southern accent. "You're not my type and I'm not interested."

She pouted playfully. "Want about me doesn't interest you?" She asked letting her jacket fall off her shoulders revealing her cleavage.

He chuckled softly. "I'm not into women who have fangs." He said then pulled out a gun from within his jacket and shot her with a stake.

She stumbled falling to the ground dead the stake protruding from her heart.

"Every less one of you bastards counts." He said before starting his bike and riding away.

Autumn walked into her apartment exhausted from the questioning. She headed for the shower inhaling the warm fumes.

Now she understood why people were so angry and tired after being questioned by police. They asked you the said questions again and again and though they didn't say it they thought you were a suspect.

After getting out she changed into a tank and some pajama bottoms and got into bed.

As she started drifting off a hand popped from under the bed pressing a towel over her nose. Autumn tried to scream but another hand covered her mouth.

As she began to lose unconscious the last thing she saw was a pair of dark shades looking at her.